Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-14-2002, 10:15 PM   #81
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

ÜberDirk is on a distinguished road

LMAO, check out the Big Z in clevaland tonight.....

29 points, 8 rebounds, 7 BLOCKS, 11 TURNOVERS!!!!
Old 12-14-2002, 10:20 PM   #82
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

A thief!! (Mark should pay Nowi though he is not playing)
Old 12-14-2002, 10:20 PM   #83
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

What's scary is that Bradley only needs 3 blocks and he'll have a triple-double.

10pts, 15rbs, 7blks
Old 12-14-2002, 10:23 PM   #84
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Shawn Bradley...12 Points 17 Rebounds 8 Blocks and counting.....(Triple Double maybe)
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 10:24 PM   #85
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

<< What's scary is that Bradley only needs 3 blocks and he'll have a triple-double.

10pts, 15rbs, 7blks
>>

You beat me to the punch. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Old 12-14-2002, 10:25 PM   #86
Chiwas
Guru

A Christmas present for cin:

Old 12-14-2002, 10:29 PM   #87
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Nice win for the Mavs. 20-3, looking good.

What's nice is Dirk will be rested and ready to go against the Pacers on Tuesday.
Old 12-14-2002, 10:31 PM   #88
Chiwas
Guru

<< Nice win for the Mavs. 20-3, looking good.

What's nice is Dirk will be rested and ready to go against the Pacers on Tuesday.
>>

Yes. Still the best.

Old 12-14-2002, 10:32 PM   #89
roadrunner
Golden Member

Maybe Sacramento will lose another game so Mavs go up another game in standings...they are in a close game against Utah.

Old 12-14-2002, 10:33 PM   #90
MavsFanFinley
Guru

This is the kind of game I was wanting to see from LaFrentz. Maybe this is the game he needed to get back on track again. It won't be as impressive to some considering his contract, but it's a start to get him going again.

23 minutes
4-5 fg
1-1 ft
9 points
9 rebounds
2 blocks
Old 12-14-2002, 10:36 PM   #91
roadrunner
Golden Member

Just heard on the radio when Bradley goes double-double Mavs are 24-0(didnt know that)....Now if we can just figure out how to get Bradley to avg. double-double so Mavs can assure themselves a title.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-14-2002, 11:47 PM   #92
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

<< Just heard on the radio when Bradley goes double-double Mavs are 24-0(didnt know that)....Now if we can just figure out how to get Bradley to avg. double-double so Mavs can assure themselves a title.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] >>

What does that mean? A double-double by Bradley means Mavs are defensively effective, plus some decent scoring in the paint. A double-double by Bradley also means our &quot;bigs&quot;, starting with Shawn, get plenty of PT, and we force the other team to match up aainst us instead of us trying to come up with mismatches.

Yeah, let's get more double-doubles from Bradley! The only person capable of stopping the giant is Nellie...and maybe sometimes the refs, too....
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 12:02 AM   #93
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

With apologies to Steve Nash, Shawn Bradley was the game MVP tonight.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 12:41 AM   #94
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Thoughts from the game:

Crowd was good tonight. Maybe preparing for Indiana on Tuesday ?

With all due respect to Steve and Walt's contributions, it really made me happy to see Shawn and Raef really step it up tonight and watch the crowd respond to them. When I got home and read the thread, I was surprised to see that they weren't being talked about much at all. Was it the Grizzlies ? Or what ?

Even the two big guys need their props too.

And, despite some of the posts I've seen, it never really felt like the Grizz were getting back into the game in any big way. Are we all getting that hair-trigger response when a large lead dwindles. Let's remember, in every game, there's an ebb and flow. ESPN noted that this was the 5th game of the season where the MAVS WERE NEVER BEHIND for the entire 48.

I'll admit that in the 4th quarter, my thoughts were already turning to Tuesday night and the Indiana rematch....and breaking the consecutive home win record !!!

Old 12-15-2002, 10:48 AM   #95
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

<< &quot;Wow Chiwas now maybe his Mommy will let him back in the house&quot;

My mom is dead you insensitive jackass.
>>

Shut the heck up you foul-mouthed moron. You come on here and throw out so much foul-mouthed smack and then get your poor baby feelings hurt from something so innoucuous.

Maybe his mommy will let him back in now. There I'll say it again.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 10:53 AM   #96
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

<< This is the kind of game I was wanting to see from LaFrentz. Maybe this is the game he needed to get back on track again. It won't be as impressive to some considering his contract, but it's a start to get him going again.

23 minutes
4-5 fg
1-1 ft
9 points
9 rebounds
2 blocks
>>

Raef can only get as many shots as nellie lets him. There was only one time that they went to him early in the game and he delivered. I really wish nellie would get him some opportunities around the basket, it would let him be aggressive and get it going a little bit, make his outside opportunities. I dispise holding a guys contract against him, it's unamerican, if we want to trade him then so be it, but I don't hold YOUR salary against you. The mavs are a business and they offered him the contract, if he were dogging it, then ok, but he's not, he's hustling trying to take charges and rebounding. He's ok in my book, but I would like to see nellie use him more as a center rather than another wang zhi zhi.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 12-15-2002, 10:56 AM   #97
dude1394
Guru

<< With apologies to Steve Nash, Shawn Bradley was the game MVP tonight. >>

Agreed. He just patrolled the paint. He also has a very nice outlet pass touch, he finds the guards quickly.

Shawn is also pretty effective in the post as a passer, he's so tall and palms it so well that he can really find cutters.
Old 12-15-2002, 11:02 AM   #98
dude1394
Guru

<< Thoughts from the game:

Crowd was good tonight. Maybe preparing for Indiana on Tuesday ?

With all due respect to Steve and Walt's contributions, it really made me happy to see Shawn and Raef really step it up tonight and watch the crowd respond to them. When I got home and read the thread, I was surprised to see that they weren't being talked about much at all. Was it the Grizzlies ? Or what ?
>>

Really agree their outlet... Bradley and Raef made the grizzly bigs looks pretty mediocre, bradley was really incredible. Makes me even madder at nellie for not playing him more against san antonio. Also all the raef hatas' could trot out tonight were fouls. Last refuge of idiots.

Even the drunk moron fan behind me shut up about bradley. I guess it takes all-star play to shut that moron up. Even heard some nice bradley support from around me, also nice.

<< And, despite some of the posts I've seen, it never really felt like the Grizz were getting back into the game in any big way. Are we all getting that hair-trigger response when a large lead dwindles. Let's remember, in every game, there's an ebb and flow. ESPN noted that this was the 5th game of the season where the MAVS WERE NEVER BEHIND for the entire 48. >>

I'm actually liking this feeling a little bit, we'll see how that translates to the next game. As I've thought about the laker game and watching the way NO played them, i'm starting to lay more and more of the blame for that one on nellie. NO keep their pg in there the whole time and nellie was starting to worry about golden state the next night, when he should have been much more interested in embarrassing completly the lakers. But I DO think he has learned that lesson.
[/i] >>

Old 12-15-2002, 02:09 PM   #99
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

Dude, you will be banned for your comments.
Old 12-15-2002, 02:10 PM   #100
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

and Dude, mabye your mom will get hit by a car then I'll joke about her and let's see how you feel you.
Old 12-15-2002, 02:15 PM   #101
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

&quot;Raef can only get as many shots as nellie lets him. There was only one time that they went to him early in the game and he delivered. I really wish nellie would get him some opportunities around the basket, it would let him be aggressive and get it going a little bit, make his outside opportunities. I dispise holding a guys contract against him, it's unamerican, if we want to trade him then so be it, but I don't hold YOUR salary against you. The mavs are a business and they offered him the contract, if he were dogging it, then ok, but he's not, he's hustling trying to take charges and rebounding. He's ok in my book, but I would like to see nellie use him more as a center rather than another wang zhi zhi.&quot;

BS, absolute trash. Raef can get shots without Nellie calling them for him, bs! And don't act like poor raef never gets more fga or he deserves them. His fg% isn't very good, his J has been junk lately and he still usually gets more then 5 shots, try 10-14. Mabye if raef were more active instead of standing around waiting for a wide open J, and that's not Nellie's fault. People alway's defer blame from Nellie when people complain about dirk's touches, well if its not nellies fault for dirk, it sure as hell isn't for Raef!
Old 12-15-2002, 02:20 PM   #102
dude1394
Guru

But it IS nellie's fault for dirk. Nellie is the coach, he calls the plays, he sets the tone. I don't remember dirk looking like he won't take the shot..
Old 12-15-2002, 02:45 PM   #103
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

Ok, I agree 100%, it is Nellie's fault for Dirk. Couldn't remember which opinion you had. But for raef, I don't think it is as much nellie's fault, unless raef is really hot and gone away from. But how many shots does raef need when we have Nick, Dirk, Nash and Mike?
Old 12-15-2002, 02:48 PM   #104
Chiwas
Guru

Nellie doesn't like Dirk. He only likes Finley and Griffin from the starting line up. And NVE, course.

Old 12-15-2002, 02:53 PM   #105
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

chiwas, your odd.