Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-23-2021, 10:42 AM   #801
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Selling low on KP makes zero sense. Wait until the off-season and then decide based on his progress or lack thereof.
Old 02-23-2021, 10:45 AM   #802
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Oh look, clickbait from Trash Report

Wake me up when Marc Stein confirms it. Until then its BS
I read this information

The Dallas Mavericks have reached out to the Golden State Warriors to gauge interest in a Kristaps Porzingis, sources tell SNY's Ian Begley ... which lines up with a similar Bleacher Report story ...
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 10:47 AM   #803
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I read this information

The Dallas Mavericks have reached out to the Golden State Warriors to gauge interest in a Kristaps Porzingis, sources tell SNY's Ian Begley ... which lines up with a similar Bleacher Report story ...
Curry, Klay and Wiggins to Dallas confirmed.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 10:58 AM   #804
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Cuban just said that the "shopping KP" reports are not true at all. They haven't spoken to anyone at all about KP.

Old 02-23-2021, 11:11 AM   #805
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Cuban just said that the "shopping KP" reports are not true at all. They haven't spoken to anyone at all about KP.
I'm a KP fan so that's good to hear...

But I'm worried that they might actually trade him.

In a perfect world I'd like to see the Mavs keep KP and just get someone to pair with him and Luka.

Fans have become impatient with him and rightfully so.....
Old 02-23-2021, 11:29 AM   #806
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
So we ARE shopping KP.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 11:47 AM   #807
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
I'm a KP fan so that's good to hear...

But I'm worried that they might actually trade him.

In a perfect world I'd like to see the Mavs keep KP and just get someone to pair with him and Luka.

Fans have become impatient with him and rightfully so.....
I am a fan of KP too.

My concern is that Luka is ready to roll now. We need a more reliable Robin, in terms of consistency AND health. I think everyone hoped KP was going to recover from the major knee issue and the extended amount of time we kept him out would get him free clear going forward but that hasn't quite been the case. I don't feel confident at all that KP will get the nagging injuries behind him.

I think it's fine for people to have shifted into wanting to move him. It's not hard to see that we could be swimming in circles here. We can be both, hopeful that he remains healthy at some point AND understanding that we may very well be wasting Luka by putting our eggs in the KP basket. We took a big risk on him and logical folk are fine with that if it doesn't work out because the effort and intention was there. We may already be or soon will be at a crossroad where we need to take another risk in moving him.

I just don't see the Mavs being willing to take a loss on their investment.

Old 02-23-2021, 11:47 AM   #808
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
So we ARE shopping KP.
Lols, pretty much.

Old 02-23-2021, 11:58 AM   #809
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Yeah when there's smoke there's fire. How determined they are to trade him is one thing but they are at least trying to see what they can get for him. Which I'm shocked to find out. What on earth would you even want from the Warriors? I'm assuming Curry and Klay are off limits.....I wouldn't want anyone else on that team. No to Oubre. Wiggins without that contract is enticing. But seems like for KP you can do better.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 02:48 PM   #810
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
What on earth would you even want from the Warriors? But seems like for KP you can do better.
Steve Kerr, perhaps?

#anonymoussources#unconfirmedreports

Last edited by Jack.Kerr; 02-23-2021 at 02:50 PM.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 02:57 PM   #811
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
Steve Kerr, perhaps?

#anonymoussources#unconfirmedreports
no thank you.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 03:02 PM   #812
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

I guess the idea of Vucevic doesn't look so bad now. Just imagine the state of the Mavs and the fan's view of the MBT had both Vlade and the Hawks had the slightest clue.

KP is a sunk cost. The Mavs need a big like Vuc to take pressure off needed KP production. KP would be a great 3rd option in this scenario. Without another legit starting big, the Mavs will be at a standstill and remain a 5-8 playoff seed in no man's land, and Luka will be out of here at the end of his contract.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by turin; 02-23-2021 at 03:06 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 03:06 PM   #813
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

So the Mavs are supposedly calling other FOs about KP but no one leaks this big news to Woj or Shams. Its leaked to some irrelevant B/R smock.

So yeah sure, totally true rumours

Last edited by sefant77; 02-23-2021 at 03:06 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 03:14 PM   #814
taibumu

taibumu will become famous soon enoughtaibumu will become famous soon enough

Facts

Enviado desde mi Mi 10 mediante Tapatalk
taibumu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 03:21 PM   #815
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Takes 2min to see that he also doesnt follow the Mavs on Twitter. But Cuban.

So yeah "FaCtS"
Old 02-23-2021, 03:51 PM   #816
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
I guess the idea of Vucevic doesn't look so bad now. Just imagine the state of the Mavs and the fan's view of the MBT had both Vlade and the Hawks had the slightest clue.

KP is a sunk cost. The Mavs need a big like Vuc to take pressure off needed KP production. KP would be a great 3rd option in this scenario. Without another legit starting big, the Mavs will be at a standstill and remain a 5-8 playoff seed in no man's land, and Luka will be out of here at the end of his contract.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Marvin Bagley would've been more of a issue though I think the Kings are what's screwing him over. Ending up with Trae Young and Cam Reddish instead of Luka....not that much of a downgrade if one at all.
Old 02-23-2021, 03:53 PM   #817
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
So the Mavs are supposedly calling other FOs about KP but no one leaks this big news to Woj or Shams. Its leaked to some irrelevant B/R smock.

I mean the Mavs themselves came out and said they want to be players in trading....assuming Luka is untouchable...KP is the only guy that can even get you something in return that can help you.
Old 02-23-2021, 04:16 PM   #818
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
I mean the Mavs themselves came out and said they want to be players in trading....assuming Luka is untouchable...KP is the only guy that can even get you something in return that can help you.
Its impossible that the Mavs FO are calling other teams about potential KP trades with no one leaking it to Woj or Shams. Literally impossible. Thats the good thing about the incredible Information/sources monopol this two guys have over the entire NBA.

The day we are shopping KP we would read it with Shams and Woj
Old 02-23-2021, 04:31 PM   #819
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The guy is a respected journalist. We're not talking about Fish here
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:35 PM   #820
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Dont care... Significant rumours ALWAYS go over Shams or Woj. Or getting confirmed by them. They wrote nothing about it the whole day. Its BS
Old 02-23-2021, 05:29 PM   #821
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Dont care... Significant rumours ALWAYS go over Shams or Woj. Or getting confirmed by them. They wrote nothing about it the whole day. Its BS
Maybe I'm just not with the times but I wasn't aware that Woj or Shams are the only NBA writers with exclusives. It use to be far more than that but maybe things have changed.
Old 02-23-2021, 08:19 PM   #822
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
My guess is that they’re not really shopping him as much as they are just seeing if anyone is interested...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 09:20 PM   #823
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
My guess is that they’re not really shopping him as much as they are just seeing if anyone is interested...
They should be trying to add another player to pair with him and Luka.

I don't think KP is mentally ready right now....

I sometimes tend to forget that KP just had another knee surgery like 6 months ago.

That would explain why he's not catching lobs like he did last year or flying in dunking the ball.
Old 02-24-2021, 04:35 AM   #824
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yeah when there's smoke there's fire. How determined they are to trade him is one thing but they are at least trying to see what they can get for him. Which I'm shocked to find out. What on earth would you even want from the Warriors? I'm assuming Curry and Klay are off limits.....I wouldn't want anyone else on that team. No to Oubre. Wiggins without that contract is enticing. But seems like for KP you can do better.
This is from Feb. 11th on a Porzingis trade to Golden St. https://nbaanalysis.net/2021/02/11/n...s-porzingis/2/

Golden State Warriors Receive: Kristaps Porzingis, Josh Green, James Johnson
Dallas Mavericks Receive: Andrew Wiggins, James Wiseman, Alen Smailagic, 2021 1st Round Pick (via MIN) Top 3 protected.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:52 AM   #825
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is from Feb. 11th on a Porzingis trade to Golden St. https://nbaanalysis.net/2021/02/11/n...s-porzingis/2/

Dallas Mavericks Receive: Andrew Wiggins, James Wiseman, Alen Smailagic, 2021 1st Round Pick (via MIN) Top 3 protected.
I think Golden State would not only reject that trade- they would laugh their asses off at the idea.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 08:56 AM   #826
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Lol
Old 02-24-2021, 01:13 PM   #827
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I think Golden State would not only reject that trade- they would laugh their asses off at the idea.
They very well may...

But a year ago most mavs fans would have laughed their ass off to that trade to right?

I don't know how Golden St feels about KP but we do know they love shooters right?

Maybe they fill KP with Steph & Klay next year is awesome 3 man tandem....

Digging around there are Warriors fans who don't value Wiggins or Oubre just like some Mavs fans don't value KP.

This guy here thinks for Dallas it's more about trying to upgrade the defense

Sports
SNY’s Ian Begley reported on Tuesday that Dallas reached out to Golden State to gauge the team’s interest in a Porzingis trade. It certainly makes sense from the Mavericks’ perspective in that these Warriors have two elite-level wing defenders in Andrew Wiggins and Kelly Oubre. That’s exactly what Dallas needs over the short term after yielding an average of 113.8 points in its first 29 games.

Last edited by Dallas41; 02-24-2021 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:22 PM   #828
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They very well may...

But a year ago most mavs fans would have laughed their ass off to that trade to right?

I don't know how Golden St feels about KP but we do know they love shooters right?

Maybe they fill KP with Steph & Klay next year is awesome 3 man tandem....

Digging around there are Warriors fans who don't value Wiggins or Oubre just like some Mavs fans don't value KP.
The problem isn't Wiggins or Oubre. I'm sure they would willingly part with those guys. The problem is Wiseman and the Minnesota pick. Does anyone actually think they would actually trade the 19 year old that they just drafted #2 overall, and is having a promising rookie season?? PLUS another high draft pick? For... perpetually injured, max contract Porzingis, whose value is at an all-time low right now?

Yeah... not happening. If we trade KP to the Warriors, it'll be for Wiggins and some filler. We're not getting extremely valuable assets for KP.
Old 02-25-2021, 12:07 AM   #829
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

KP questionable again with back tightness
Old 02-25-2021, 12:13 AM   #830
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

KP misses 108 games
Plays 31 games
Misses 10 games
Plays 28 games
Misses 12 games (3 playoff)
Plays 17 games
Misses ???
Old 02-25-2021, 01:00 AM   #831
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Does anyone actually think they would actually trade the 19 year old that they just drafted #2 overall, and is having a promising rookie season?? PLUS another high draft pick?
No
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 06:16 PM   #832
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Should comment after a long hiatus since it is an interesting topic + I have still kept following Mavs all this time, no change.

If the Mavs were probing even as a side comment during other trade negotiations then this is a sign that Dallas' medical staff is unsure about Porzingis' health. Remember why Dallas let Parsons walk?

The bigger issue with KP - who are the possible suitors? Sacramento with Bagley or Atlanta with Collins. Could not figure out someone else. Unsure Sacramento wants to get slower but nothing has worked for them anyways. Many realistic options would completely change the system which could be beneficial.

Could go after Oladipo but this is like switching one injury with another one.

There's nobody really to point at and say KP for him. Mavs aren't getting anyone special from free agency either and need to be smart about money to keep options open for future or make solid signings. With Bagley you could bring Barnes back but probably would need to add some extra value.

Wiggins from GSW? Wiggins plays to his abilities on a strong team.

I think Mavs are sitting pat right now. Nothing to gain or lose.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 06:46 PM   #833
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
Should comment after a long hiatus since it is an interesting topic + I have still kept following Mavs all this time, no change.

If the Mavs were probing even as a side comment during other trade negotiations then this is a sign that Dallas' medical staff is unsure about Porzingis' health. Remember why Dallas let Parsons walk?

The bigger issue with KP - who are the possible suitors? Sacramento with Bagley or Atlanta with Collins. Could not figure out someone else. Unsure Sacramento wants to get slower but nothing has worked for them anyways. Many realistic options would completely change the system which could be beneficial.

Could go after Oladipo but this is like switching one injury with another one.

There's nobody really to point at and say KP for him. Mavs aren't getting anyone special from free agency either and need to be smart about money to keep options open for future or make solid signings. With Bagley you could bring Barnes back but probably would need to add some extra value.

Wiggins from GSW? Wiggins plays to his abilities on a strong team.

I think Mavs are sitting pat right now. Nothing to gain or lose.
Welcome back! I tend to agree. The variables are: is he disgruntled? Are they more worried about long term health/fit them they’ve let on? We just don’t know.

No way I want anything to do with the Bagley and Barnes’ of the world. Unless they are simply gaga for Halliburton and would swallow some ugly for him. I could see Myles Turner+ or John Collins(maybe rerouting KP to a third team) or Washington youngsters & contracts and a top 3 protected pick. They’d have to love Deni. I see him more as a Kukoc than Pippen. KAT is probably not available but would look amazing next to Luka offensively.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 11:19 PM   #834
Dallas41
Diamond Member

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...249509980.html

When I asked Mavs coach Rick Carlisle if he thinks the team brought KP back too early, for the 10th game of the regular season, he said no; that there was no way to avoid stretches when KP was going to sit.

Looking at the NBA’s second half of the schedule it released this week, there is no foreseeable way KP doesn’t have more stretches of missed games.

The team has 10 back-to-back games on a remaining schedule that is the equivalent of a trash compactor. Go ahead and plan on KP missing at least 10 more games of the season.

“(The schedule) is something all teams are looking at,” Carlisle said Thursday afternoon on a media Zoom call. “We’re going to have to manage it. Are there concerns? Of course. It’s going to have to be managed with strategic rest, managing minutes. Quality practices are going to be few and far between.”
Old 02-26-2021, 09:01 AM   #835
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

KP had a back brace on yesterday.

Anticipate him missing some time
Old 02-26-2021, 11:14 PM   #836
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Still think it's a fake rumor?

NBA Central
@TheNBACentral
·
4h
"No matter what you’re hearing, they say keep an eye on Kristaps Porzingis. He is somebody that Dallas is shopping. Because of salary, injuries, and as one scout said 'high maintenance issues.'"

- Marc J. Spears
(Via ESPN’s The Jump)
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 12:52 AM   #837
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Tim MacMahon
@espn_macmahon
Kristaps Porzingis on reports that he’s available in trade market: “It came out and it is what it is. I don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes, and I shouldn’t be too worried about it. It can only distract me at the end of the day. I try to focus on being in the moment.”
Old 02-27-2021, 02:21 AM   #838
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
KP had a back brace on yesterday.

Anticipate him missing some time
*sigh* At this point, I'm ready to dump him for just about ANYTHING and be done with it. Keeping him just feels like sunk cost.
Old 02-27-2021, 10:43 AM   #839
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
*sigh* At this point, I'm ready to dump him for just about ANYTHING and be done with it. Keeping him just feels like sunk cost.
He is a sunk cost, but I guarantee if the Mavs trade him now they won't get jack and will have wasted a year of Luka being here and Luka is GONE as soon as he can leave imo. The Mavs need to fire Carlisle, go after a big, and retool their defense as well as offense. That's the only way they keep Luka imo. Cuban has a decision to make this offseason - keep RC or keep Luka, and he may not even have that long depending upon how the remainder of this season plays out.

Last edited by turin; 02-27-2021 at 10:55 AM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 11:36 AM   #840
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
He is a sunk cost, but I guarantee if the Mavs trade him now they won't get jack and will have wasted a year of Luka being here and Luka is GONE as soon as he can leave imo. The Mavs need to fire Carlisle, go after a big, and retool their defense as well as offense. That's the only way they keep Luka imo. Cuban has a decision to make this offseason - keep RC or keep Luka, and he may not even have that long depending upon how the remainder of this season plays out.
This is some major conjecture with no basis in reality. We have no idea what Luka’s thoughts regarding his coaches and teammates are. He definitely deserves a major say as a once in a lifetime franchise guy, however to state that either we keep him or Carlisle is pure speculation.