Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #321
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Rick: "I'll you what. What I am is encouraged."

"It means we have a lot of positive upside to us."

"We can do it. I believe in these guys. I really do."

Rick said that he knows that they can and will cut down on all the errors. He was more enthusiastic after this LOSS than after any win so far this season.

I like it.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 11:53 PM   #322
The_Ghost

The_Ghost is on a distinguished road

Did anybody see how Rondo was flopping twice offensively and defensively against Fisher in the first overtime? He should of at least been ejected and fined for that but the refs were helping them out as usual.
The_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #323
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Rick: "I'll you what. What I am is encouraged."

"It means we have a lot of positive upside to us."

"We can do it. I believe in these guys. I really do."

Rick said that he knows that they can and will cut down on all the errors. He was more enthusiastic after this LOSS than after any win so far this season.

I like it.
Unless it ultimately costs you a playoff spot (which this could, I suppose), I pretty much never consider road OT losses against decent+ teams to be "losses," at least in the mental/emotional sense.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #324
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously, I'm loving what we've gotten from DJones these last few games.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 12-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #325
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Next 3 games are must wins.

After that....holy * !

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule...llas-mavericks

DECEMBER OPPONENT TIME (ET) TV TICKETS
Fri, Dec 14

@
Toronto

7:00 PM 326 available as low as $6
Sat, Dec 15

@
Minnesota

8:00 PM 1,555 available as low as $6
Tue, Dec 18

vs
Philadelphia

8:30 PM 1,907 available as low as $2
Thu, Dec 20

vs
Miami

9:30 PM TNT 2,349 available as low as $11
Fri, Dec 21

@
Memphis

8:00 PM 525 available as low as $12
Sun, Dec 23

@
San Antonio

7:00 PM 1,957 available as low as $12
Thu, Dec 27

@
Oklahoma City

8:00 PM TNT 335 available as low as $65
Fri, Dec 28

vs
Denver

8:30 PM NBATV 2,489 available as low as $6
Sun, Dec 30

vs
San Antonio

7:30 PM 2,266 available as low as $29

Last edited by markus1234; 12-12-2012 at 11:56 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #326
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Also: I completely agree that there are mostly positives to take from this game. The Celtics aren't necessarily elite anymore, but they are a strong team, healthy, playing at home, and very well-rested. Taking them to 2OT without Dirk under those circumstances is pretty damn admirable.
This ^^

I mean seriously, you people need to start looking for the positives, given the status of our german hero. You just aren't going to see games where we execute in a seemingly flawless manner this early in the season, not to mention without Clutch 41 on the court. I had a Constitutional Law final at 7 tonight so I missed the game, but I entirely expected to get out of the test with the game over and us having lost by 13-18. The fact that we pushed this to double OT against a fully healthy celtics team, on the road, without Dirk and without a healthy Kaman honestly makes me ecstatic. That is all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #327
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

^ There is a legitimate chance the Mavs are going to go on a 6-7 game losing streak to close this month, even if they are improving and playing better. That is just an absurdly tough stretch of games.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #328
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Unless it ultimately costs you a playoff spot (which this could, I suppose), I pretty much never consider road OT losses against decent+ teams to be "losses," at least in the mental/emotional sense.
I don't see it like that. But I do see THIS game that way exactly. I'm not a huge fan of moral victories, etc.

Often when you pour your heart out and lose, it doesn't matter where it was...it hurts.

But tonight feels like it was full of good signs.

Ex: Welcome back Aggressive DC! Please hang around for a while!

Old 12-13-2012, 12:00 AM   #329
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
^ There is a legitimate chance the Mavs are going to go on a 6-7 game losing streak to close this month, even if they are improving and playing better. That is just an absurdly tough stretch of games.
Its really brutal. Considering that Dirk may be working himself back into this team during some of that stretch, they could be blowout type results.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:00 AM   #330
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Also: I completely agree that there are mostly positives to take from this game. The Celtics aren't necessarily elite anymore, but they are a strong team, healthy, playing at home, and very well-rested. Taking them to 2OT without Dirk under those circumstances is pretty damn admirable.
I don't see the positive's because a lot of the positive's were the result of the 38 year old PG who was out of work 2 weeks ago. He was the catalyst of the 3GL that lead the team back. Him being on the court relieves Collison/Mayo of having to dribble and pass so they can focus on doing the only good thing they can do which is score. Who shutdown Paul Pierce in the 2nd half--Fisher. Carlisle is going to wear down Fisher in the next couple of weeks with the competition getting stiffer.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:01 AM   #331
LonghornDub

Quote:
I don't see it like that. But I do see THIS game that way exactly. I'm not a huge fan of moral victories, etc.
I'm not either, to be honest. I just don't even really see it as as loss in the first place. I know it is--obviously--but I've never seen it that way emotionally.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:02 AM   #332
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
Carlisle is going to wear down Fisher in the next couple of weeks with the competition getting stiffer.
Dost thou have no faith in the Rickster?

Old 12-13-2012, 12:07 AM   #333
DarrenCollisonSucks

DarrenCollisonSucks has a spectacular aura aboutDarrenCollisonSucks has a spectacular aura aboutDarrenCollisonSucks has a spectacular aura about

I'm suprised Carlisle didn't take off his suit jacket after the game and reveal a boston celtics t-shirt. Like seriously?... He puts Roddy in the last 5 seconds in a double OT game, when he hadn't got in the game prior to that (I think), and not to mention Roddy has freakin broken fingers so that might of had something to do with him not catching the ball... idk... but not only was roddy cold from sitting on the bench for so long... but hes a clumsy, turnover-prone, low basketball iq player who really isn't very skilled in any particular aspect of the game of basketball... and Rick puts the 6'2 135 pound french dude in the game for a defensive rebound and then has him (attempting) to catch the ball on an inbound for a potential game-tying shot... that's got to be some of the worst caoching I've seen in my life...
DarrenCollisonSucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:12 AM   #334
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenCollisonSucks View Post
I'm suprised Carlisle didn't take off his suit jacket after the game and reveal a boston celtics t-shirt. Like seriously?... He puts Roddy in the last 5 seconds in a double OT game, when he hadn't got in the game prior to that (I think), and not to mention Roddy has freakin broken fingers so that might of had something to do with him not catching the ball... idk... but not only was roddy cold from sitting on the bench for so long... but hes a clumsy, turnover-prone, low basketball iq player who really isn't very skilled in any particular aspect of the game of basketball... and Rick puts the 6'2 135 pound french dude in the game for a defensive rebound and then has him (attempting) to catch the ball on an inbound for a potential game-tying shot... that's got to be some of the worst caoching I've seen in my life...
I think your BBIQ might be as low as Roddys...
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #335
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
I don't see the positive's because a lot of the positive's were the result of the 38 year old PG who was out of work 2 weeks ago. He was the catalyst of the 3GL that lead the team back. Him being on the court relieves Collison/Mayo of having to dribble and pass so they can focus on doing the only good thing they can do which is score. Who shutdown Paul Pierce in the 2nd half--Fisher. Carlisle is going to wear down Fisher in the next couple of weeks with the competition getting stiffer.
This doesn't make a ton of sense to me. How is Fisher relieving the dribble/passing load if Mayo/Collison are the ones handling the ball?

To me, the reason for Fisher being on the court (and the reason for going small) was simple: they needed as many offensive players on the court as possible to counter the incredibly aggressive trapping and doubling the Celtics were throwing at the PnR ball handler (and throwing at Mayo any-damn-where he touched the ball).

I give Fisher a lot of credit for battling defensively, but I'm just not sure how anyone could call him the offensive catalyst in the second half. Collison turned the ball over too many times, but aside from that he played an absolutely fantastic game, and I don't see how anyone could possibly discount the positives from that alone.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:26 AM   #336
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
4 Time All Defensive Team player....Might should back down from the "not a good defender" bit.

Maybe he is overrated, but he is certainly at least a good defender.
Just about every adavanced stat says he isn't very good. And he can't stay in front of anyone
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:39 AM   #337
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

28 TO? Owh man...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:59 AM   #338
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

finished my adult beverage...

still pissed
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:32 AM   #339
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Next 3 games are must wins.

After that....holy * !

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule...llas-mavericks

DECEMBER OPPONENT TIME (ET) TV TICKETS
Fri, Dec 14

@
Toronto

7:00 PM 326 available as low as $6
Sat, Dec 15

@
Minnesota

8:00 PM 1,555 available as low as $6
Tue, Dec 18

vs
Philadelphia

8:30 PM 1,907 available as low as $2
Thu, Dec 20

vs
Miami

9:30 PM TNT 2,349 available as low as $11
Fri, Dec 21

@
Memphis

8:00 PM 525 available as low as $12
Sun, Dec 23

@
San Antonio

7:00 PM 1,957 available as low as $12
Thu, Dec 27

@
Oklahoma City

8:00 PM TNT 335 available as low as $65
Fri, Dec 28

vs
Denver

8:30 PM NBATV 2,489 available as low as $6
Sun, Dec 30

vs
San Antonio

7:30 PM 2,266 available as low as $29
Oh my...

DIIIIIRRRRRKKKKKKKK!!!!!!

WE NEED YOU MAN!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #340
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.therxforum.com/showthread.php?t=931273
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #341
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

OJ better learn to how to dribble the ball quickly and quit picking up the ball when double teamed.

I could have almost handled some of the turnovers last night if at least some of the passes were within the 5 feet of the intendended receiver, or they were due to some pokes, etc...

But to see passes go to no one in particular, or out of position players...how many times did a pass go out of bounds, to no one in particular, into the stands, etc.??? It was maddening, especially during the overtime period when execution is usually better/focused.

And there was no excuse to not put in Kaman in one of the overtimes. He was fresh, and had been hitting all of his shots. It would have at least raised the IQ level by 30 points....

Last edited by Maringa; 12-13-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Maringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #342
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck soon Mayo wont see many double teams anymore
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:15 PM   #343
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragism View Post
Yeah that was poorly worded. All of the team's turnovers were basically inexcusable except for Rondo flopping like a bitch on Mayo's and-1.
Heh yea I thought it was more funny than anything.

Rondo is one of those players I feel the "flopping rule" was made in part for.

However, I think Stern doesn't have the guts to enforce the rules on the better players of the NBA. In fact, I can only recall one instance it has even be enforced this season. It's a smoke and mirrors rule until they have someone dedicated to issuing the warning and subsequential fines of repeat offenders. Until then, players like Rondo can flop away like he did on at least 3 possessions that I can vividly remember that directly led to a change in the game.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #344
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Oh and the upcoming schedule is ridiculous. I hope they are being mum on Dirk and that he is actually progressing slowly to help out, at least in part, for that stretch. That, or make a return after to ease into his start to the season. Meh.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #345
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Mayo is such a good Robin and almost an adequate Batman.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #346
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Vince Carter spent time talking to Mayo in the locker room about going against defenses when you're "the guy."
Quote:
As Carter reminded us all, Mayo is still learning how to be a closer on the fly.
I really really like the way Carter is leading the team this year.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #347
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
if there is any way VC can maintain the kind of production, for an entire season, that he has shown up until this point (which unfortunately I find hard to believe given the degree of difficulty on so many of his shots) or even potentially improve given the German influence on the quality of his shots, then I still believe this team can be an extremely tough in the playoffs. I'm hoping as Carter's shots become more open with Dirk on the court, his shooting percentage will hopefully increase a bit.

In addition, I think by the end of the season you'll start to see guys like Elton Brand and Jae Crowder (for the second time) find their rhythm and become the same type of scorers we know they can be. Elton Brand has been the biggest disappointment so far imo. However, he isn't a disappointment due to lack of effort, which is always my main concern. He just seems to lack confidence right now and as a result has been unable to find his rhythm. Obviously everything is speculation right now, but its games like tonight that make me believe if we have everyone healthy and playing their best ball when the playoffs roll around, I think we can hang with any of the top 4 teams in the Western Conference in a 7 game series.

edit: I realize you were inferring other forms of leadership, I was just too lazy to include that in my post haha. But in regards to that, I will say I've been extremely impressed/excited/enamored with the way Carter has taken on the responsibility of mentoring Mayo, in particular. If VC can impart some of his invaluable experience to Mayo, along with ways to avoid some of the mistakes Carter has made, then VC will be earning his paycheck, almost aside from his production on the court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.

Last edited by ReDirkulous Tyme; 12-13-2012 at 03:27 PM.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #348
Kante
Diamond Member

I was not only talking about Carter playing, just the things he does on the court/bench and says during/after a game.

Agree to your post, still.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:32 PM   #349
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maringa View Post
OJ better learn to how to dribble the ball quickly and quit picking up the ball when double teamed.

I could have almost handled some of the turnovers last night if at least some of the passes were within the 5 feet of the intendended receiver, or they were due to some pokes, etc...

But to see passes go to no one in particular, or out of position players...how many times did a pass go out of bounds, to no one in particular, into the stands, etc.??? It was maddening, especially during the overtime period when execution is usually better/focused.

And there was no excuse to not put in Kaman in one of the overtimes. He was fresh, and had been hitting all of his shots. It would have at least raised the IQ level by 30 points....
I feel like in overtime execution goes down because you're tired. OJ logged like 51 mins last night.

Last edited by OneLove22; 12-13-2012 at 10:32 PM.
OneLove22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:35 PM   #350
OneLove22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Don't Worry OJ, the Dirkster will be closing the games soon.