Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-10-2012, 11:14 PM   #1
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute
Default PGT: Mavs decimate Kings for their 3rd W in a row

The lack of PGTs lately is no bueno. Post-game discussion starts here.

Things that impressed me tonight:

1) Mayo with 7 rebounds, after he had 8 in Houston
2) Kaman. He's scoring so efficiently. Dirk-like
3) Team D. They really scrambled out there, especially in the 2Q. Doubt it would have looked nearly so good against a halfway decent team, though.

Sidenote: That stretch the Kings had during the 2Q was legitimately some of the most terrible NBA basketball you'll ever see. They could not do anything--couldn't score, couldn't pass, couldn't rebound, couldn't defend, couldn't even really dribble.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #2
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Elton Brand's jumpshot hurts my eyes.

Other than that, solid job all around, beating a team we were supposed to beat.

And DeMarcus Cousins is a dumbass. Onto the next!

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #3
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Mayo as 2nd option - yummy
Kaman as 3rd option - tasty

D looks better too. But ok, the Kings sucked ass.

Dirk is coming back soon, my guess after the Minny game with the lonk break.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:27 PM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Mayo as 2nd option - yummy
Kaman as 3rd option - tasty
are you standing outside of a bakery?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:27 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Mayo with 19pts on 9 shots. His rebounding is what is exciting me most, though.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:28 PM   #6
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
are you standing outside of a bakery?
Nope, but yeah im hungry...

Last edited by sefant77; 12-10-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #7
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Nice game. But BOS should tell us more...
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:32 AM   #8
QSA

QSA will become famous soon enough

I know it was the Kings, but you cant take any win for granted...so good win. That's how you beat a team like the Kings at home.

Kaman and mayo beasted in the first half, but they went away from Mayo too much in the 3rd and saw the lead shrink.
Luckily the Kings weren't good enough to cut into it more than what they did. Don't really want to see Dahntay trying to create with time winding down like he had to tonight. Can't depend on that. Mayo was too passive in the third and the ball never made it back to him.
QSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:42 AM   #9
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Did Cunningham get his first minutes tonight?
Old 12-11-2012, 01:43 AM   #10
Fragism

Fragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLove22 View Post
Did Cunningham get his first minutes tonight?
No.
Fragism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:52 AM   #11
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragism View Post
No.
I feel like I haven't seen him at all. I didn't realize he was healthy. I'm excited to see what he can do.

I'm happy with James and Crowder and we took them after Jared.

Last edited by OneLove22; 12-11-2012 at 01:54 AM.
OneLove22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:59 AM   #12
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Vince Carter almost had the alley of the year. Anybody catch it? I was there live and jumped like a mad man. My streak of games won in person now reaches 9.
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:08 AM   #13
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareMilk
My streak of games won in person now reaches 9.
You's a playa!

Last edited by chumdawg; 12-11-2012 at 02:09 AM.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:25 AM   #14
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Every time we play the Kings, we should remember and be thankful that Cuban and Donnie have spared Mavs fans so far from what Kings fans are going through. Rebuilding can be a looong process.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:55 AM   #15
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see a PGT.

This was a fun and encouraging game. The Kings are a bad team, yet they had won 3 in a row and certainly couldn't be penciled in as an automatic win. That we won in a blowout, and didn't give up the lead when the Kings made a run was a good sign. There was some shakiness in the third, but the Mavs didn't panic, and handled their business.

I like what I am seeing from this team now with Fisher. I wasn't sold on the signing, but with the way the players are responding, I have no problem with it. Fisher is like a poor man's Jason Kidd. Granted he won't be making the jaw dropping passes, but he also won't be making the head scratching turnovers either. He seem, if nothing else, a very consistent presence on the floor. I think this team (with the addition of Fisher) is better than their record reflects, and it is still just three and a half games from the fourth seed.

We are twenty game into the season and in the playoff picture, without our star player. Had Fisher (or an equivalent player) been here from the beginning of the season, I think we would be in the top of the West. That is very, very promising. I am still excited to see what this group looks like with Dirk. I think if he can play at a level similar to last season, we will have no problem making the playoffs. If the Dirk from the Championship season returns, we are going to make some noise with this lineup.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:27 AM   #16
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Hoooray!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:22 AM   #17
OneLove22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic View Post
Nice to see a PGT.

This was a fun and encouraging game. The Kings are a bad team, yet they had won 3 in a row and certainly couldn't be penciled in as an automatic win. That we won in a blowout, and didn't give up the lead when the Kings made a run was a good sign. There was some shakiness in the third, but the Mavs didn't panic, and handled their business.

I like what I am seeing from this team now with Fisher. I wasn't sold on the signing, but with the way the players are responding, I have no problem with it. Fisher is like a poor man's Jason Kidd. Granted he won't be making the jaw dropping passes, but he also won't be making the head scratching turnovers either. He seem, if nothing else, a very consistent presence on the floor. I think this team (with the addition of Fisher) is better than their record reflects, and it is still just three and a half games from the fourth seed.

We are twenty game into the season and in the playoff picture, without our star player. Had Fisher (or an equivalent player) been here from the beginning of the season, I think we would be in the top of the West. That is very, very promising. I am still excited to see what this group looks like with Dirk. I think if he can play at a level similar to last season, we will have no problem making the playoffs. If the Dirk from the Championship season returns, we are going to make some noise with this lineup.
Championship Dirk = Most unstoppable player in the league.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:34 AM   #18
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
I feel like I haven't seen him at all. I didn't realize he was healthy. I'm excited to see what he can do.

Wouldn't mind seeing him in meaningful minutes, guy is an athlete.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:55 AM   #19
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Nice to see a PGT.

The good thing about bringing in Fisher was that it broke up the Darren/Mayo back court which was failing miserable.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #20
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Wouldn't mind seeing him in meaningful minutes, guy is an athlete.
It is quite a luxury to have three of the quickest players in the league in Roddy, Jared, and Darren. All of them played well in this game.

We should easily be one of the deepest teams in the league once Dirk and Marion get back.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #21
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Had Fisher (or an equivalent player) been here from the beginning of the season, I think we would be in the top of the West.
http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule...llas-mavericks

L vs Charlotte
L vs MIN
L vs IND
L vs GSW
L vs PHI

With Dirk and Fisher .... 16-5 ...3rd best record in the league. Book it.

This team is definitely coming together. Less TO, better D and better perimeter rebounidg. And once Dirk comes back, he should have ton of energy in his tank. 6 months without playing basketball is exactly what his body needed...also mentally.

Last edited by markus1234; 12-11-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:09 AM   #22
markus1234
Platinum Member

ps: Roddy ha ha

http://www.nba.com/mavericks/video/2...nesmp4-2321700

Last edited by markus1234; 12-11-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #23
sefant77
Guru

Lonnie sucks...his interviews are too often filled with some horseshit questions and statements...
Old 12-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #24
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
trolololol
Old 12-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #25
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Above .500. Hope Dirk comes back in shape.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #26
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Funny stuff right there lols
Old 12-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #27
OneLove22

Quote:
Wow that is terrible hahaha. Who is this guy? All of his interviews are out there.

Last edited by OneLove22; 12-11-2012 at 09:51 PM.
OneLove22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #28
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Well, Jareds in the D-League now.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #29
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Hm... so apparently DeMarcus Cousins hit OJ Mayo in the groin last night?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...2892--nba.html

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #30
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Nutcase Cousins suspended one game for the groin hit. Well deserved...

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
over .500 bitches!