Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-27-2016, 07:26 PM   #81
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I know our defense is bad but I can't believe we just gave up 133 in a near must win game.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2016, 07:30 PM   #82
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Not trying to scoreboard watch. But houston lost.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:31 PM   #83
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Our only win vs Kings this season came on a miracle Dwill shot.... God that hurts.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:31 PM   #84
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

The comeback Friday made me optimistic about today but the team was flat. RC should have been able to see that playing Mejri and Zaza against Boogie just won't work.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:33 PM   #85
ActionJackson

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

Still breathing. Monta 23/6/7 and Ian 19/11/4. Very nice from our old friends.

Okay, we knew Sac is a nightmare match-up for us. Let's look at the positives. Faried hasn't played for a week, includng tonight and Galinari is also missing. Our top guys didn't show up tonight, so I expect something different tomorrow.

I'm still wondering have we already lost the tiebreaker against Houston, because we are 1-2 down?
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:45 PM   #86
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Still breathing. Monta 23/6/7 and Ian 19/11/4. Very nice from our old friends.

Okay, we knew Sac is a nightmare match-up for us. Let's look at the positives. Faried hasn't played for a week, includng tonight and Galinari is also missing. Our top guys didn't show up tonight, so I expect something different tomorrow.

I'm still wondering have we already lost the tiebreaker against Houston, because we are 1-2 down?
I know we play houston again soon.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:46 PM   #87
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Why did Mejri only get minutes? Did he get injured or something? I wasn't able to catch this game.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:59 PM   #88
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSportyChannel View Post
Why is Dirk playing center? This is exactly why I HATE RICK CARLISLE. He is making Dirk look bad on purpose. Why not play MEJRI?
I'm not even going to start. I think Rick is doing it on purpose, so Cuban cans him. /sarc At least, I hope so. Stick a fork in the Mavs for the season. They are DONE. It didn't have to be this way. There were chances galore a couple of weeks ago to go with a more traditional lineup of bigs with McGee and Mejri backing up ZaZa. Add to that Lee signing for a great backup to Dirk. WTF was Carlisle thinking? DUMB! DUMB! DUMB!

Last edited by turin; 03-28-2016 at 01:55 AM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:15 PM   #89
ActionJackson

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
I know we play houston again soon.
Yes, if we win it would make it 2-2, so no one gets the tiebreaker. Sorry, my mistake, I was confused by the Portland series. For some reason I thought we had played them four times and because we were up 2-1 we had the tiebreaker.

Against Utah it's 1-1, so there's also a lot at stake, IF everything goes to plan.

Listen, whatever the scenario, finishing 7th/8th and getting blown out in the first round, I would still be very happy if we are able to keep Houston out of the playoffs.

We know that building a roster is demanding etc. But you still have to wonder why did they keep McGee, because he isn't needed and why the hell is CV here. It was already obvious in December that he won't bring anything to the table.

Last edited by ActionJackson; 03-27-2016 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:37 PM   #90
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

And yet, Wes Matthews with a -18 still gets 35 minutes. He and Felton must have some dirt on Carlisle because they'll get minutes no matter what.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:46 PM   #91
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
And yet, Wes Matthews with a -18 still gets 35 minutes. He and Felton must have some dirt on Carlisle because they'll get minutes no matter what.
Wes because he's the highest paid Mav and Felton because he is only 6ft and over 30.

Last edited by rimrocker; 03-27-2016 at 08:46 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:48 PM   #92
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why did Mejri only get minutes? Did he get injured or something? I wasn't able to catch this game.
Two very early fouls and Rick forgot about him after that until garbage time.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:52 PM   #93
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Wish Rick would have tried McGee and Mejri at the same time when Kings played Cully-Stein and Cousins at the same time.
At the time it wouldn't have hurt because they were scoring at will in the paint and we offered no resistance whatsoever....might as well had Barea playing center.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:50 PM   #94
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And honestly Im getting tired of his rhetorical questions after a loss. Maybe me reading them instead of hearing him...but they ring hollow
Old 03-27-2016, 10:03 PM   #95
ActionJackson

Also that this happens against Rondo doesn't help.

-"Yeah, I want them to get their plane ticket as soon as we get ours".
-"If we're not going to make the playoffs then let's help some of these guys go home with us".

Rajon "going home" Rondo. We already found that out last year.

Last edited by ActionJackson; 03-27-2016 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:08 PM   #96
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

/season

We're just going through the motions at this point, regardless of the playoff picture.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:35 AM   #97
Cerberus

Cerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to behold

What is defence? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me. No more.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:21 AM   #98
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Two quick fouls, and looked pretty helpless against Cousins. Crossed him up really bad on the perimeter and bullied him down low.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:57 AM   #99
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Two quick fouls, and looked pretty helpless against Cousins. Crossed him up really bad on the perimeter and bullied him down low.
McGee slowed down Boogie. He could have helped as the starter. I knew before the game started that Mejri was too weak and Zaza was too slow for him. McGee was inserted at the end of the half after Boogie had already gone off.

McGee should have been used against Drummond, Adams and Gobert when he was dressed in a suit. RC played David Lee against those big guys. Anyone wonder what the players were thinking?

Do Zaza's teammates see that his legs are shot? Obviously RC can't see it. Dog housing players while playing others out of position doesn't inspire the team.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:30 AM   #100
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
McGee slowed down Boogie. He could have helped as the starter. I knew before the game started that Mejri was too weak and Zaza was too slow for him. McGee was inserted at the end of the half after Boogie had already gone off.

McGee should have been used against Drummond, Adams and Gobert when he was dressed in a suit. RC played David Lee against those big guys. Anyone wonder what the players were thinking?

Do Zaza's teammates see that his legs are shot? Obviously RC can't see it. Dog housing players while playing others out of position doesn't inspire the team.
I don't blame Mejri. It wasn't the best matchup due to difference in speed/athleticism. Cousins is the best big man in the game right now imo. I'd much rather have him than Dwight Howard. It would've been fun to see McGee go head to head with him.

I'll go one step further and say that not only is the team uninspired, but I think the dispiriting coaching combined with the loss of Parsons has resulted in much of the team quitting on Carlisle, and those who haven't yet are pressing too much and making things worse.

Last edited by turin; 03-28-2016 at 08:31 AM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:55 AM   #101
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Mejri was overmatched against Cousins in size, strength, and skill but I still think that 2nd foul in the first few minutes was crap.

Zaza did good against Cousins after the refs gave him that first crap foul thinking Mejri was still in the game. By "did good" I just mean slowed him down somewhat.

McGee makes the occasional stupid play but he makes a big difference on defense still. Have no idea why he has not got minutes.

I think Sac was really in a mood to kick ass it looked like ... maybe Rondo was getting the team fired up. Even when we did good on slowing their inside game, they hit contested threes so it was a very solid team game by the Kings last night. Yeah there were crap calls early (and throughout actually) but ultimately the Kings looked like a team fighting for a playoff spot and we looked confused and unsure on both ends of the court.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:31 AM   #102
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I hate watching this team struggle.

Fart Burgers!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 11:41 AM   #103
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

Fuck Rondo

ESPN.com news services

Rajon Rondo, who played for the Mavericks last season and clashed with coach Rick Carlisle, had no pity Sunday for his former team possibly missing the playoffs after the Sacramento Kings continued to do their part to keep Dallas on the outside looking in.

For Rondo, his misery would love the company of the Mavs.

"Yeah, I want them to get their plane ticket as soon as we get ours," said Rondo, who had 11 points and 11 assists in the Kings' 133-111 win. "So anytime we can help, that's what I try to get these guys [his teammates] to focus on."

The Mavericks (35-38), who have dropped three straight and 10 of 12, are ninth in the Western Conference and trail Houston by half a game for the final playoff spot.

The Kings are 29-44 and 6.5 games behind in the race for the eighth and last playoff spot in the West. They beat the Mavs three of four times this season.

Dallas was five games over .500 after beating Orlando on March 1. But more than three weeks later, the injury-plagued Mavericks are wondering if they will miss the playoffs for the second time in 16 seasons.

That would be the ideal scenario, according to Rondo.

"If we're not going to make the playoffs, then let's help some of these guys go home with us," Rondo said.

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote