Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-25-2016, 01:24 PM   #1
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dirk confirms that he'll be a Maverick next season

@espn_macmahon: Dirk says he plans to pick up the player option in his contract for next season. "I always said I wanted to play those 3 years to the end."

@espn_macmahon: Dirk: "In my mind, after we won the championship, it was always clear I will retire a Mav." But he wants no part of a rebuilding project.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2016, 01:28 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing that he hasn't said before... Now all the knee-jerking idiots can finally STFU about it.

Old 03-25-2016, 03:35 PM   #3
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Love you, buddy.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:47 PM   #4
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Nothing that he hasn't said before... Now all the knee-jerking idiots can finally STFU about it.

This: ^^^^^^^

There was a Blow it up and trade Dirk segment on sports radio today. Why? IT. AIN'T. HAPPENING. Might as well have a Bring Wilt Back from the Dead discussion. Nor should it happen, fwiw. Dirk's salary isn't that high, so not like he's hamstringing the Mavs. Actually a bargain, for that matter. Second...what would they get in return? Probably not nearly what he's worth. Not good draft picks..only good teams would have interest, and only good teams would entice Dirk to waive his no trade. So, players is what you would get. Would they be better than Dirk? No, that's why the other team would trade them. So, WTF would be the point?

Last edited by BigDog63; 03-27-2016 at 07:51 PM.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:21 AM   #5
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

I agree with you 100%. There is really no point in trading Dirk for the crap we would get back. I'll probably get baked for saying this, but imo our best option right now is to keep Parsons (requires a max) and sign DH (near max if not max) and ride the Dirk+CP+DH train for the next couple of years. It will take that amount of time to:
1. get our draft picks under control meaning draft smart and keep players
2. get young player coaching in place (RC needs to step up or step out)
3. play the guys we have (screw small ball if you don't have players to do it)
4. get back to focusing on defense instead of just talking about it and then playing 5 guys that all about spacing and offense
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:29 AM   #6
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
I agree with you 100%. There is really no point in trading Dirk for the crap we would get back. I'll probably get baked for saying this, but imo our best option right now is to keep Parsons (requires a max) and sign DH (near max if not max) and ride the Dirk+CP+DH train for the next couple of years. It will take that amount of time to:
1. get our draft picks under control meaning draft smart and keep players
2. get young player coaching in place (RC needs to step up or step out)
3. play the guys we have (screw small ball if you don't have players to do it)
4. get back to focusing on defense instead of just talking about it and then playing 5 guys that all about spacing and offense
That's looking like the best option right now... Gotta get some talent in here, ANY talent really, if you want to lure free agents... Dirk/Dwight/Parsons is at least a start (and a guy like Howard is probably an easier get than a lot of other names that will be available this summer...)

Old 03-30-2016, 09:51 AM   #7
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

I want to see Dirk play into his 40s but we do need to semi-rebuild imo.
TMac was talking about the idea of bringing in someone like Batum or Barnes to play SF and move Parsons to PF and bring Dirk off the bench to take the heavy load off him and preserve his career.
I'm ok with that idea but I think JA could fill that SF role next season giving us a Marion/Aminu type defender at the wing (along with a hopefully healthy Matthews) and then bring in Howard or Whiteside as the center. Then use Dirk more as a closer in place of Anderson at the end of games.

He talked about Dirk getting the 6th man award next season to add to all of his accolades and could pile up individual numbers against 2nd units but still be the catalyst at the close of games.

Not a big TMac fan but he did make some sense on this one.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote