Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-09-2021, 12:12 AM   #41
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
btw DeRozan is avg 26 PPG in Chitown

I feel like he wasn't quite a big fish but still a good enough star to pair with Luka to make a deep playoff run
Absolutely but Cuban and brain trust fall in love with the concept of a huge fish in addition to standing pat with our own players so we generally don't go for the high quality next tier guys.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2021, 12:20 AM   #42
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

The best thing is that Kidd didn't give up on his system early on when the offense wasn't going. Team needs to play defense and is. Lapses still, but it's the best defense I can remember since 2011.

Still have very little issue with his coaching. I know a lot of fans are hard on him, but so far it isn't warranted.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 04:42 AM   #43
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
btw DeRozan is avg 26 PPG in Chitown

I feel like he wasn't quite a big fish but still a good enough star to pair with Luka to make a deep playoff run
But according to posters here, he doesn’t shoot threes.
I wanted Demar the most out of all the free agents and it’s the least surprising thing that he’s came into Chicago and the leader on the team within a month.

Been watching Bulls the most and they look like a 4 seed. Lot of good talent on the team.
Old 11-09-2021, 09:18 AM   #44
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think we ever had a legit shot at Demar. He clearly didn't like Texas and was initially focused on getting back to Cali. In order to pursue him we would've had to renounce the rights to THJ. I can't imagine the uproar if we miss resigning THJ and lost Derozan to the Bulls anyways.
Old 11-09-2021, 09:28 AM   #45
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
But according to posters here, he doesn’t shoot threes.
I wanted Demar the most out of all the free agents and it’s the least surprising thing that he’s came into Chicago and the leader on the team within a month.

Been watching Bulls the most and they look like a 4 seed. Lot of good talent on the team.
I think the Bulls look like a top 3 seed in the East with the mix of talent they have. Not sure we can book Atlanta automatically in top 3.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 10:20 AM   #46
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yeah I wasn't that enamored with him in Houston not sure what made them go after him.

But hey 7-3 is the best 10 game start for the Mavs since the 14-15 season according to the broadcast crew can't beat that
Perhaps they got him confused with Eric Gordon...
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 10:27 AM   #47
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Luka and Brunson are our consistent players at this moment. KP, Bullock, Maxi, and even Frank have a shot to be a part of that group, albeit maybe not as impactful outside of KP. But this team does need some more consistency from its role players, namely shooters.

I thought Powell was excellent in spurts last night, very active. HOWEVER, he gets exposed over prolonged minutes. He is at his absolute highest value when used as an energy big, glue type of guy. I wouldn't have a problem with him starting if he would be first to the the bench for subs. The problem is he is being utilized as something he is not, and we currently don't have a surefire solution to the starting lineup.

If it were me and everyone were healthy, my SL would be Luka/Brunson/Bullock/Maxi/KP with a rotation of Frank/THJ/DFS/Powell/Boban. Outside of those 10, no one else has really earned minutes.

Sterling Brown looks lost, and I feel like that is not the first time I've posted that. Moses is raw, though I'd like to see him get some more run, especially with Maxi out. Green is too raw and perhaps just not good enough. And WCS is depth at best.

Really interested to see how the FO looks to improve this roster at the trade deadline. Even if it's trading parts, there's got to be a swap or two that makes this team better.
Old 11-09-2021, 11:04 AM   #48
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Kleber, Mo Brown, Josh Green, and a 2nd round pick for Nurkic... Portland gets under the luxury tax threshold and gets something for Nurkic instead of letting him walk this offseason.
Old 11-09-2021, 11:18 AM   #49
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Bullock is trending upwards for sure
looking more comfortable in general
handling the ball just enough to make some plays, running out in transition and making cuts to the basket. He's looking better.

I wish Frank would practice layups and shots around the rim. Use that wingspan. Man what if he could finish at the hoop like Tony Parker? yeah he'd be an all star. But as a secondary ball handler on this team he could live off open jumpshots and attacking close outs. Loving his defense. getting his hands in the passing lanes all day.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 01:24 PM   #50
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I complain about Bullock and he has a good game. You're welcome MFFLs. I am having crow as an appetizer for lunch today. Good game and fair play to him.

Who should I do next? Maybe the reverse jinx will work on someone else

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 01:53 PM   #51
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Kleber, Mo Brown, Josh Green, and a 2nd round pick for Nurkic... Portland gets under the luxury tax threshold and gets something for Nurkic instead of letting him walk this offseason.
Is that really enough though? I love Nurk, but hes extremely close to Lillard off the court. Find it hard Portland lets him go. Theyre also in the midst of an investigation
Old 11-09-2021, 02:14 PM   #52
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Is that really enough though? I love Nurk, but he's extremely close to Lillard off the court. Find it hard Portland lets him go. They're also in the midst of an investigation
100% this.

Even when you look at the history teams that are desperate because of lockerroom stuff/impending UFA, a talent as good as Nurk would be worth at least 1FRP and 1 first-round pick swap.

I think we'd need Brunson and at least one FRP to get Nurk. Luckily it's looking like we'll be giving up 2023 to the Knicks next year so we're free to trade 2022 ( but not until next summer), and could offer 2025/2027/2029 any time this season.

I'd like us to also investigate Jonas V when Zion demands a trade after coming back overweight and instantly re-injuring himself.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-09-2021 at 02:18 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 02:24 PM   #53
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I complain about Bullock and he has a good game. You're welcome MFFLs. I am having crow as an appetizer for lunch today. Good game and fair play to him.

DFS? Josh?
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 02:59 PM   #54
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
DFS? Josh?
DFS is the prime candidate. Commence the shit talk SMC
Old 11-09-2021, 03:35 PM   #55
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

He was good the game before this one.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 05:08 PM   #56
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
100% this.

Even when you look at the history teams that are desperate because of lockerroom stuff/impending UFA, a talent as good as Nurk would be worth at least 1FRP and 1 first-round pick swap.

I think we'd need Brunson and at least one FRP to get Nurk. Luckily it's looking like we'll be giving up 2023 to the Knicks next year so we're free to trade 2022 ( but not until next summer), and could offer 2025/2027/2029 any time this season.

I'd like us to also investigate Jonas V when Zion demands a trade after coming back overweight and instantly re-injuring himself.
Zion looked HUGE postgame. Like Oliver Miller territory large.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 06:06 PM   #57
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Dfs doesn't deserve a starting role here. Bench him and get Brunson in, or anyone who can dribble. His defense is overrated and he just doesn't hit 3s anymore. Like what is even his purpose here?!

I'd crap talk Josh but I feel bad picking on him because he has splinters from all the pine riding he does all year. Dude isn't even worthy of a reverse jinx.

Old 11-10-2021, 02:49 PM   #58
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dfs doesn't deserve a starting role here. Bench him and get Brunson in, or anyone who can dribble. His defense is overrated and he just doesn't hit 3s anymore. Like what is even his purpose here?!
Dude, he's been solid defensively and since November started, he's averaging 41.2%. I don't get the claim that he "just doesn't hit threes anymore"
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 04:33 PM   #59
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Dude, he's been solid defensively and since November started, he's averaging 41.2%. I don't get the claim that he "just doesn't hit threes anymore"
Dude.. if you read any of the thread, maybe 3 posts up it's clearly a bit and involves a few other posters. Lol.

Old 11-10-2021, 06:35 PM   #60
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I mean, I'd say DFS is one of the top players that I'd trade in the right deal. Just can't see the logic of extending him for more money after signing Bullock.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 06:49 PM   #61
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:

I'd crap talk Josh but I feel bad picking on him because he has splinters from all the pine riding he does all year. Dude isn't even worthy of a reverse jinx.
In fairness to DFS

Here's a little nugget I read about him this year

2.5: Deflections per game for Finney-Smith
Not everything is bad for Finney-Smith. He has been better defensively this season than in the past. More importantly, he has been a much more active defender. One of the primary issues with the Mavericks defense over the last couple of years has been how comfortable they allow opposing offenses to be. Finney Smith leads the team in deflections but as a whole everyone has been more aggressive.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote