Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-21-2021, 10:05 PM   #81
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
THJ sucks too but I already knew they shouldn't have re-signed him so it is what it is with him. He's doing what he always does. I will say that while his shot wasn't falling he had a bunch of assists....a bunch for him.
I'm definitely not ok with it. The epitome of this bs is being forced to play Trey Burke. That's when you know you've actually done nothing to get Luka the help he needs.

I mean, Dragic would actually have a HUGE impact here based on who he is taking minutes from.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2021, 07:24 AM   #82
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I'm definitely not ok with it. The epitome of this bs is being forced to play Trey Burke. That's when you know you've actually done nothing to get Luka the help he needs.

I mean, Dragic would actually have a HUGE impact here based on who he is taking minutes from.
Help Luka how? Somehow the FO didn't realize we had a generational talent to build around in the 2019 FA period or the 2020 draft. We are zero for 19 and 20 which were the key opportunities to add talent.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 12:50 PM   #83
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I was ok with the Bullock signing— if slightly underwhelmed, but he has been pretty bad (though units with him have had some nice defensive moments).

Watching Zubac ragdoll our bigs leads me back to wonder: why not Richaun Holmes or Theis instead of Bullock? I know a lot of us here wanted to pursue him. Couldn’t we have carved out room for Holmes and Tim? We need a big man who plays with physicality and edge, that provides some rim protection and pnr. Dwight Powell and WCS and Boban simply aren’t good enough. KP probably shouldn’t play exclusively 5 to save on wear and tear.

Maybe try starting Bullock in place of THJ? Or would the “leadership council” take issue?

We all agree we need another playmaker (Dragic, hopefully) but as the season goes on not solving the Center spot has continued to haunt us. Just such a poor roster construct. Thank god for the Frankie signing, saving grace.

Also, cross Ibaka off the TPE trade target list. Dude looks done. Wonder how much OKC wants for Favors? I don’t think any team will give up a first for him.

Last edited by mac222b; 11-22-2021 at 01:17 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 01:25 PM   #84
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch. Favors has a 10m player option for next season and Theis has two more years after this one at 9+m per. Not sure if either is the answer, though definitely better than DP and WCS.

Last edited by mac222b; 11-22-2021 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-22-2021, 04:01 PM   #85
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I was ok with the Bullock signing— if slightly underwhelmed, but he has been pretty bad (though units with him have had some nice defensive moments).

Watching Zubac ragdoll our bigs leads me back to wonder: why not Richaun Holmes or Theis instead of Bullock? I know a lot of us here wanted to pursue him. Couldn’t we have carved out room for Holmes and Tim? We need a big man who plays with physicality and edge, that provides some rim protection and pnr. Dwight Powell and WCS and Boban simply aren’t good enough. KP probably shouldn’t play exclusively 5 to save on wear and tear.

Maybe try starting Bullock in place of THJ? Or would the “leadership council” take issue?

We all agree we need another playmaker (Dragic, hopefully) but as the season goes on not solving the Center spot has continued to haunt us. Just such a poor roster construct. Thank god for the Frankie signing, saving grace.

Also, cross Ibaka off the TPE trade target list. Dude looks done. Wonder how much OKC wants for Favors? I don’t think any team will give up a first for him.
Holmes just may not have been available. Maybe he wanted to stay in Sacramento? Seems like he took a friendly deal to stay there. Favors could be an improvement. We need a big that doesn’t get pushed around on D by true bigs
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 04:09 PM   #86
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Holmes just may not have been available. Maybe he wanted to stay in Sacramento? Seems like he took a friendly deal to stay there. Favors could be an improvement. We need a big that doesn’t get pushed around on D by true bigs
Yes that’s certainly possible. Seemed like no deal ever materialized elsewhere, since we were hearing rumours of him getting more $, probably from his own camp.

I like Favors but his rim protection has fallen off some and he’s injury prone. We have to keep in mind that any player we take into out TPE that has money beyond this season means a lot of Luxury Tax for Cuban. Especially if we re-sign Brunson and Dodo. Maybe we can find a deal where we move a little salary (WCS, Burke, S. Brown) to soften the blow? That was why Ibaka or an expiring big would be appealing. Theis or Favors means a huge jump in tax. Maybe they ride the year out and find someone for cheap over the summer.

Last edited by mac222b; 11-22-2021 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-22-2021, 06:24 PM   #87
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
THJ and Reggie Bullock each pulled the vanishing act once again

Prop's to Kidd for finally figuring out how to use KP but the rest of this roster is just trash so it won't matter what Luka and KP does
So far, KP is averaging the same amount of points, and the same amount of 3 and 2 point attempts as last season. His efg is down a little.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 10:34 AM   #88
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
So far, KP is averaging the same amount of points, and the same amount of 3 and 2 point attempts as last season. His efg is down a little.
I think he's been extremely more active, especially on defense and off the ball on offense. Perhaps the numbers continue to improve, but the activity is noticeable.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 05:50 PM   #89
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I think he's been extremely more active, especially on defense and off the ball on offense. Perhaps the numbers continue to improve, but the activity is noticeable.
I agree here

The #'s might look identical to last year but you can clearly see KP is moving better and he's being utilized much better with Kidd as opposed to RC
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote