Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Just curious.....
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2003, 08:07 AM   #2
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

we've been talking about it in the mod forum.

basically until we can find someone to convert the database over, we are stuck with this one unless the members are willing to start over again with regard to post counts and things of that nature.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 12:59 AM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i don't think that would be an issue
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 08:12 AM   #4
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

so do you think people would be ok with starting over again?
Old 05-07-2003, 08:29 AM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Is that really an issue that hangs up the move?

If it is, I can't imagine once the new board is up and running that you wouldn't have the power to edit at least the numbers in. Do people want their pm's and post history? I would think that most wouldn't care too much if the thread history was wiped clean and we started all over. I don't think most would care about the pm history either so the pm's could be dumped. I dump my pm history every once in a while anyways. The only issue that would leave that I can think of is that some would be concerned with their # of posts. A lot of folks have put a lot of their own time in to make the board a great place. The reward is that little title under the name. I would be surprised if you didn't have the option of creditting the # of posts somehow.

I'll go on record as saying that it would be nice to keep the # of posts, but it would be nicer to just continue to post at this site. If a new board is coming with new features, etc I'd much rather see it than whine about post #'s. Still, I know some will want their post numbers carried over. But in the grand scheme of things, progress is usually good. I'm more interested in hearing about the new site features than the old post numbers.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:35 AM   #6
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

I think the new site features will kick ass. We were going to migrate the board over to another type of bulletin board, but were having problems finding a tool to convert all the previous threads, post counts, that type of thing.

The new board is just much better in my opinion. You have the ability to use customized icons, the functionality is cleaner, and you can also give yourself custom user titles if you choose. Just really, really neat on the whole.

I suppose we could give senior members here the option of using their own custom icon and user title, and go from there.

What do you all think?
Old 05-07-2003, 08:42 AM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Never stand in the way of progress.

I really think for the most part the post number issue will be the passionate one. As the reigning post number guy....I say move on.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:43 AM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Here is an idea.....for those who would be upset by the loss of their post numbers, make a thread or some other area that tells the post history of this site. Then they will have their numbers and we can move on.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:43 AM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

it would be disappointing to lose some of the old threads...but, in the end, it's not that big of a deal
Old 05-07-2003, 08:55 AM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Here are the top 10 posters in terms of raw numbers.

Drbio 15092
Murphy3 13273
MFFL 6587
MavsFanFinley 6219
ROB W R 5131
Chiwas 4847
djbacklash 4678
LRB 4442
DTL 4351
MavKikiNYC 3731

I endorse the move to the new board. I don't want to speak for anyone else, but it seems to me that none of the top 10 would mind ultimately just having gotten to know them over the last year. Bottom line is...it's nice that dj is considering the feelings of the board, but when the time is right to move....let's move.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:57 AM   #11
Drbio
Banned

<< it would be disappointing to lose some of the old threads...but, in the end, it's not that big of a deal >>

True, but we recycle many of them anyways. We would lose some of the history of the site in the posters that no longer come here....people like Kat for instance. We would lose the classics....like the old &quot;punch in the face&quot; threads. But, if old members aren't going to come back then why dwell on the past?
Old 05-07-2003, 10:15 AM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

right..if it's time to move..let's move..but only if it's a signifcant upgrade.

it's like the prospects of trading finley..gotta give up something in return, better make sure you're getting alot of value
Old 05-07-2003, 11:37 PM   #13
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I could care less as to what you do, but

What is so great about a new board. This format is allready better than almost any other board I have been too.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 02:23 AM   #14
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

I think the board is great in its current format, but I have seen some pretty good examples of other boards, so I am all for the upgrade. Oh, but not until I get 1000 posts. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Well, i better get padding for that one...

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 11:53 AM   #15
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

this is one of the better formats i have seen... easy to navigate, and the search feature works great. i say no need to upgrade unless we are going to get crazy new options, like nude pics of the korean girl. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2003, 01:35 PM   #16
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

I also like the board as is. No need to upgrade IMO especially if we lose all the threads and pm´s in the process.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 12:37 AM   #17
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

If we do migrate to a new board, will there be an &quot;IGNORE&quot; function?
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 03:58 PM   #18
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

The upgrade will take place sometime following the Mavs' playoff run. I don't want to risk experiencing any downtime or technical probs until then.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 02:45 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

Will we be losing our threads, pm's and counts?
Old 05-14-2003, 03:20 PM   #20
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

nope [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 08:05 PM   #21
Drbio
Banned

dj- on behalf of everyone, thanks for the great board. Seriously....thank you.
Old 05-16-2003, 06:17 PM   #22
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Yo
Whatever,
but ban Doc for a couple years
and Murph forever.
why doc?
because he posts a lot
why Murph?
because he posts...a dot
we want to be gurus
put the line in one thousand
seniorfrog is coming through
everybody can be applauded!

Old 05-16-2003, 07:16 PM   #23
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

A serious comment: It should be more &quot;status&quot; levels between 5,000 and 10,000 posts, and others for more than 10,000.

Also, it would be funnier if the top 10 was top 20 or something. The place is growing and there are more and more constant posters.

Edit#1 What about a Top 20 donators list? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Edit #2 And a &quot;Trolls' Hall of Fame&quot;? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2003, 09:41 PM   #24
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

I like the trolls hall of fame (or should we call it shame) idea.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 11:14 PM   #25

Member will become famous soon enoughMember will become famous soon enough
Default Any word on the new board?

is this it?
Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 11:15 PM   #26
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, this is it!!

Way to go, nice upgrade.

Take a little getting use to, but I like it.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:03 AM   #27
Drbio
Banned

This new board kicks ass.

Thanks dj!!!!!