Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 06-26-2005, 07:50 AM   #1
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Default DRAFT DAY deal, with Raptors

This has to be during the draft, so Dallas can trade next years first. Just like we did last year. Also TAW will be used as a buyout as posted earlier. So Toronto would bag an extra 2 mil just for doing this. (TAW & 3 mil = 2 mil earned)

Dallas trades : Stackhouse, TAW, DJ ,Next years one
Toronto trades: Rose, #7, #53

why for Toronto: They save roughly 7.5 in exchanging Rose for Stack (double that over 2 years) and also pick up the free 2 mil. PLUs they still have #16 to pick up a young future SG-SF. And still get a first for next year (although less valuable)

why for Dallas: I'm not a huge Rose fan, but he's a better shooter than Stack, and the rest of the deal is worth it. With the # 7, Dallas picks Channing Frye, with #53 they pick good young PF to replace Hendu (David Lee or Lawerence Roberts)

Terry/Harris/Q
Fin/Rose/Q
JHo/KVH/Q
Dirk/KVH/#53
Damp/Frye/PPod

perfect 12 man roster

and someone correct me if wrong, but we can trade the first on draft day right? I'm not 100 % on that.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:44 AM   #2
Lebanese_Fan

Lebanese_Fan is on a distinguished road
Default RE: DRAFT DAY deal, with Raptors

The raptors are not interested in salary cap relief, they are more interested in the pick they have. Remember when they traded carter, they had a lot of other way they can get rid of him and gain some cap relief. But they said WE WANT PICKS. I doubt they will do this trade.

Another problem is that Frye wants to go to New York (#8). He refused workouts with Toronto so they can pass on him. I don't know if he would be interested in playing in Dallas since he will not have the same amount of playing time in New York.

But if we can overcome the above to obstacles, I think this is a great deal for us and I am all for it.
Lebanese_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote