Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2006, 11:27 AM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I need accountability to reach this goal...

I've recently began to run again after a long layoff...one that wasn't quite as enjoyable of a layoff as one would hope, but that's another story. Anyways, during my time away from running or doing much of anything that required running, I put on ..ohh...20 pounds or so. Anyways, here's the point. Being 220 pounds isn't that bad for me, but hey, I'm getting old and it's time to get in great shape and stay that way so that I won't randomly die some day from a massive coronary. Well, my drinking binges in college may help to cause that anyway, but once again, that's a different story.

Anyways, whenever I had to stop running a few months back, I was up to running 6 miles 4-5 times a week. That was nice, but I still wasn't where I wanted to be because my diet included eating out 10-15 times a week (my main choices were Wendy's, McDonald's, Chik-Fil-A, etc, etc). So, here's my goal. To run a marathon by the end of this year. No, I don't like running, but it's the easiest way to get into shape and stay in shape.

Where am I at now? Well, I've only been able to resume running for a couple of weeks, so I'm pretty much at ground zero. I ran a mile for the first time a few days ago. Yesterday and the day before, I ran 3 miles both days. I know that once I can get back to where I'm running 6 miles 2-3 times a week, I'll pretty much be able to knock out 10 miles at least once a week. When will I b at 6 miles 2-3 times a week? Well, weather permitting, sometime around mid to late February.

Anyways, this thread is just for me to keep up with what I'm doing. If I put it in 'writing' where others will see, it'll motivate me to keep up with the running..but more importantly, it'll motivate me to see the goal and cut out alot of the eating out... Hey, I just need others to see it so that it'll add a little more incentive to getting to where I want to be.

That's all... laugh at me for being agay and running,..that's fine.

Last edited by Murphy3; 01-14-2006 at 11:31 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
how about these nuts, murphy3