Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 10-22-2004, 03:08 PM   #1
Rockets34Life

Rockets34Life is on a distinguished road
Default Alternate Mavs Jersey

If this has been posted, please lock this thread.

My opinion: Umm....yea.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:13 PM   #2
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Alternate Mavs Jersey

where did you find this? And when is it coming out, and does dj have one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2004, 03:14 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

not bad....doesn't have the cluttered logo which is a good thing
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 03:15 PM   #4
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Alternate Mavs Jersey

I saw this posted over at db.com, too. Do you have a link?

FWIW, I kinda like 'em.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:16 PM   #5
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

these are the ones that were done by P-Diddy?

I LOVE the fact that green is back in. I like it darker also. Not fond of the font for "Mavs". And like the number posted on the left chest.
Overall a nice look but would have put a different font on it, JMO.
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 03:16 PM   #6
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough

Could be worse... it looks like an Armani suit compared to those tinfoil monstrosities they came out with last year.
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 03:19 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

That font looks like shit.

I love the green color. I wish the side panels were the darker blue though.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 03:24 PM   #8
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

[quote]
Originally posted by: Drbio

so does your choice in presidents dr
Old 10-22-2004, 03:24 PM   #9
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it kind of an unstable alternate jersey when the main color isn't anywhere in the team's color scheme?

Also, if this is our alternate jersey, we should go wth the blue retro's.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:28 PM   #10
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Would it have killed them to bring back the old ball and hat?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 03:30 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

[quote]
Originally posted by: vinnieponte
Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio

so does your choice in presidents dr

Must you always clutter threads outside of the political forum with this kind of crap?
Old 10-22-2004, 03:30 PM   #12
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Would it have killed them to bring back the old ball and hat?
Word! I love that logo......obviously. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2004, 03:48 PM   #13
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I like everything except for the word "Mavs". These aren't redone throw-backs, they are new jerseys and need a contemporary font. Why don't we just go back to the big, outlines, bubble font on the original green and blue ones?

What's with all the NBA teams sporting jerseys that look like college jerseys, BTW?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 03:49 PM   #14
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I actually really like the jersey, but I do wish that they would have trimmed the "Mavs" with the dark blue as well as put dark blue on the sides as Doc mentioned!
Old 10-22-2004, 03:51 PM   #15
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

The font looks like a newer type font which contrasts with the idea that this is a throwback jersey. I guess the color scheme is ok.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:54 PM   #16
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2
The font looks like a newer type font which contrasts with the idea that this is a throwback jersey. I guess the color scheme is ok.
this isnt a throwback jersey, this is the new one that P-Diddy designed.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:56 PM   #17
sandeepgm

sandeepgm will become famous soon enough

I dont think the colors go well together...Especially the side panel lighter blue and the green. If the green was very dark probably they might go well...

The "Mavs" font is not too great either. Did we have the star symbol in the front side of the jerseys before??
sandeepgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 03:57 PM   #18
sandeepgm

sandeepgm will become famous soon enough

I made it sound like i didnt like anything about the new jersey design. Well i like that they bought back the old green color..I think it would be better if it is darker green though
sandeepgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 04:02 PM   #19
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

That lighter green goes better with the dark blue IMO... If only they had the light blue replaced with the dark blue... Im sure Mr. Diddy looked into that but decided on this for some reason...

Overall, very nice!
Old 10-22-2004, 04:03 PM   #20
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: sandeepgm
I made it sound like i didnt like anything about the new jersey design. Well i like that they bought back the old green color..I think it would be better if it is darker green though
actually that green is darker than the retro greens. It's the light blue that's completely new- it's a few shades off of the old blue ones, and too Denver or Utah for me.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:06 PM   #21
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

those things are sweet! Hail the return of green! I love the retro font combined with the stylish shapes. I just might have to plunk down some hard earned dollars for a Bradley jersey.. or Devin Harris... maybe Pavel.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 04:07 PM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
those things are sweet! Hail the return of green! I love the retro font combined with the stylish shapes. I just might have to plunk down some hard earned dollars for a Bradley jersey.. or Devin Harris... maybe Pavel.
I'll see if I can get you a specially made Eddie Najera jersey.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:09 PM   #23
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
I have your Walker jersey on order!
Old 10-22-2004, 04:11 PM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Male23Dan
Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
I have your Walker jersey on order!
I'm sure they'll refuse to specially make the jersey of the basketball AntiChrist.

Old 10-22-2004, 04:26 PM   #25
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

So now both the alternates and the throwbacks are gonna be green?? Why?
Old 10-22-2004, 04:43 PM   #26
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

Im still not convinced this is it.

Just because its on Eastbay. I can also find 15 different AI jerseys on there.
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 04:45 PM   #27
toucandave

toucandave is on a distinguished road

Wow. I really like these. I think the font also rocks. Go Mavs!
toucandave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 04:52 PM   #28
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

The link is from eastbay so I imagine those jerseys are real. They are definately copped.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 05:01 PM   #29
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

not great...not total suckage...I like the font would have really liked the old green (as others have mentioned) ....and did think it would have been amazing to get the hat back in the picture somehow....

I'll give her a B+

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 05:12 PM   #30
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure Walker would have loved the color scheme on these...... it would make him feel right at home.

I actually like those a lot. I'll be picking one up (dirk's, of course) when I see them.
Old 10-22-2004, 05:14 PM   #31
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough

its looks okay, the blue could be darker

but id buy it
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 05:18 PM   #32
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

if this really is the P.Diddy uni, I am surprised. I would have expected something a bit more "electric" from him....if it is his, he showed a bit of class by keeping it pretty calm.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-22-2004, 05:22 PM   #33
Phil Helmuth

Phil Helmuth is on a distinguished road

So can we buy these yet? I am looking forward to sporting a J-Howard PDiddy jersey.
Old 10-22-2004, 05:26 PM   #34
sike
The Preacha

If I were to grab one....I'd go for either the JET or young Harris...who I think they call "Rook".

Old 10-22-2004, 06:21 PM   #35
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I love it. I think it's our best jersey...I'm definitely gonna have to get one.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:08 PM   #36
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
If I were to grab one....I'd go for either the JET or young Harris...who I think they call "Rook".
I dont know if I'd like to see Dirk or Finley in those, but the young guys would look sharp.

I guess it's just my old age setting in. I'm so used to seeing the guys in

and

which are some of the handsomest jerseys in the league IMO.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:18 PM   #37
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

The strange lettering used for 'Mavs' is the only thing I would change on this jersey, and I definitely want to pick one up with Mr. Bradley's or the Great Siberian Bear's number. The return of the green (presaged by the return of the green highlights on our white home jersey's last year), is a great, great thing....
Old 10-22-2004, 07:23 PM   #38
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

mediocre
Old 10-22-2004, 07:45 PM   #39
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet. I like these a lot. MFF will be owning the Fin one for sure.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:50 PM   #40
sike
The Preacha

Quote:

and

which are some of the handsomest jerseys in the league IMO.
I totally agree.