Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-22-2004, 09:45 PM   #41
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future
Default RE:Alternate Mavs Jersey

I actually really like this jersey. They're simple yet there is something catchy about them.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2004, 10:39 PM   #42
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

Anybody find the game shorts that go with them?
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 10:53 PM   #43
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

I think I have found proof that this is a fake you guys. And to be honest, I'm glad.
Look at the bottoms of the two jerseys.

mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 11:46 PM   #44
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Alternate Mavs Jersey

very cleaver 413...that is the same logo for sure.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 11:53 PM   #45
GoMavsGo

GoMavsGo is on a distinguished road

i think these new jerseys look horrible! the alba font is horrible and it doesnt even match the number font. its cool to bring back the green but i think we should only stick to the green when the mavs wear the "retro throwback" jerseys this year. i hope these are a joke. i came up with a a jersey design myself check em out and lets email em to cuban.

just say no to the p.diddy designs!
GoMavsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 12:15 AM   #46
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

nice...but I'm feelin' that green

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 12:17 AM   #47
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

they are just colored?

The stripes on the sides and the logo look sharp. Dunno who did it if its a fake.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 12:17 AM   #48
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

All NBA teams are going from Nike to Reebok next season. That could be the reason that Home jersey looks different. I think this is the real jersey, unfortunantly.

here is one I made a few weeks back:

Old 10-23-2004, 12:20 AM   #49
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

Also, someone here mentioned that they saw a glimpse of the jersey and it was green/yellow...

Old 10-23-2004, 12:24 AM   #50
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirk2003
All NBA teams are going from Nike to Reebok next season. That could be the reason that Home jersey looks different. I think this is the real jersey, unfortunantly.
Ok, nobody is seeing it. Im not talking about the reebok logo.
Look at the way the two jerseys curve the same at the very bottom.

Old 10-23-2004, 12:27 AM   #51
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavs413
Quote:
Originally posted by: dirk2003
Ok, nobody is seeing it. Im not talking about the reebok logo.
Look at the way the two jerseys curve the same at the very bottom.
does look fishy, but the top halfs look sharp. The shapes are a little different and the stripes up top look good.
Old 10-23-2004, 12:27 AM   #52
dirk2003

I dont see how that proves anything...

Eastbay is a respectable store.
Old 10-23-2004, 12:29 AM   #53
mavs413
Golden Member

Its not just the bottom, follow the whole outlines of the two jerseys.
It was good work but, they are a fake. No question.

Quote:
I dont see how that proves anything...

Eastbay is a respectable store.
Have you actually seen them for sale on eastbay? look for them. They dont exist.
Old 10-23-2004, 12:34 AM   #54
dirk2003

Ive been looking on eastbay and haven't found them. Someone here said they saw the on eastbay...

Most of the jerseys have similar folding lines on eastbay though....

Why would someone fake this jersey?
Old 10-23-2004, 12:38 AM   #55
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

on closer look, the texturing of the green jersey looks fake. It is messed up a bit by photoshopping, Im assuming.

P.S. we may get a peek early...but they are certainly not at Eastbay before they are released. If the jerseys are in fact real, it means nothing that they are not on Eastbay. It is absolutely false that someone saw them on Eastbay, though.
Old 10-23-2004, 12:43 AM   #56
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

check this one out.

contrast is changed, but on 500% magnification, the pattern is identical
Old 10-23-2004, 12:47 AM   #57
dirk2003

yeah the pattern is the same... but the tag at the bottom is slightly different
Old 10-23-2004, 12:48 AM   #58
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

its certainly a combination of two (probably three...because of the collar) different jerseys
Old 10-23-2004, 01:21 AM   #59
Razor

Razor is on a distinguished road

Who likes this one better for the "Who'syourdaddy Alternate Jersey"?
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 01:36 AM   #60
Mavs414

Mavs414 is on a distinguished road

those black ones are hot i like them i which it was the black not the green gomavsgo i like that
Old 10-23-2004, 02:26 AM   #61
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

The more I look at those Jersey's, the less I like them...hopefully they're just good photoshops.
Old 10-23-2004, 03:36 AM   #62
GoMavsGo

im betting those green jerseys are 100% fake! someone totally chopped together a celtic jersey and a mav one. alba font would never work on any jersey, and the jersey looks so inconsistent as a whole. also, this first appeared on the dallasbasketball.com board...that board is known to have tons of bs.

lets give these jeresys a go!
Old 10-23-2004, 03:47 AM   #63
Mavs414

Mavs414 is on a distinguished road

love those black ones lol lets give those jeresys a go
Old 10-23-2004, 10:20 AM   #64
sandeepgm

sandeepgm will become famous soon enough

Not bad GomavsGo...I like it better than the green jersey. EL, it certainly looks like the celtics shirt, wrinkles and all...The collars are different. After seeing that, i do think its a fake jersey.

I am still hoping they come up with a good original design for the Mavs shirt...
sandeepgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 11:35 AM   #65
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

The reason someone spoke about Eastbay is because if you right click the picture and look at the link, you will see it point to Eastbay!!!
Old 10-23-2004, 11:59 AM   #66
dirk2003

I'm still postive that at the end of the day, the green jersey is the real alternate jersey.

The black one looks too "spurish" for my liking...
Old 10-23-2004, 04:03 PM   #67
GoMavsGo

thanks to mavs414 and sandeepgmim for the blk jersey compliments. im so upset with those uglyass green jerseys i just had to do something about it. heres the original black jersey i did last night and heres 2 more alternates that i just did. anyone have any request for me to make another ill do it, and well email it to cuban so that he can put a jersey out on the floor that the fans truly want to see. i preferably like the blue one.

gomavsgo
Old 10-24-2004, 01:58 AM   #68
Stitch Jones

Stitch Jones is a jewel in the roughStitch Jones is a jewel in the roughStitch Jones is a jewel in the rough

Undoubtedly fake.

"Did you know that Shaq makes $20 million this season ... and another $60 million over the next three? Every Miami fan just threw up on their creepy all-white T-shirt. "
~ Simmons
Stitch Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 03:40 AM   #69
Day1MavsFan

Day1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really nice

All 3 of those look good Go. I personally don't like the Navy blue in our current unis. Why? The horse logo has black, royal blue, white and silver. That's enough colors. So, I was surprised, after seeing the new logo for a year before the new jerseys came out, that they added the navy. It's too close to black. I'd like to see black or royal blue as the dark jersey.
Day1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 11:03 AM   #70
V
Golden Member

V has a spectacular aura aboutV has a spectacular aura about

I think the Mavs should stick with a solid .... and add color by incorporating individual patches tailored to each player's needs.

Dampier

Terry

Finley

Dirk

Daniels

Bradley

Harris

Stackhouse

M'Benga

"If there's no more questions, I've got a beer that needs consuming."
-- Don Nelson
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 01:47 PM   #71
Rockets34Life

Rockets34Life is on a distinguished road

I grabbed the pic from another BBS.

But check this crap out...

Check this crap out:

www.mtv.com/news/articles...lines=true

Dallas Mavericks Say Diddy's Designing Their Duds

Jay-Z may rap about not wanting to wear jerseys anymore because he's over 30, but 30-plus P. Diddy doesn't think there's anything wrong with throwing on sporting garb, especially if he's the one designing it.

Diddy will design the Dallas Mavericks' alternate uniforms for the 2004-2005 season, representatives of the NBA team said Friday (December 5).

"The future is now," Mavericks merchandising director Tim Henning said from Dallas. "We think he's the perfect designer for this kind of project. He knows design, he knows what's happening in terms of what we think is street-credible. Nobody out there is as equipped as Puff — and Sean John, specifically — to take on a project like this. [People] are wearing uniforms as fashion, and who's the guy on top in urban fashion? P. Diddy."

The b-ballers will wear their alternate unis at least 12 times during the season but could sport them on the court more times than that.

Henning said the relationship between Diddy and the team began two years ago, when the hip-hop mogul befriended headline-making Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, but it was two weeks ago that the uniform idea really gathered steam.

"The relationship could develop into something more significant," Henning said. The two sides are talking about Diddy designing ancillary pieces to accompany the jerseys, such as shooting shirts and shorts. But first the jerseys are expected to be unveiled at the annual Magic fashion convention in February. The jerseys should be available in stores with other NBA attire next fall. Mavericks players will begin wearing their new gear in the 2004 preseason.

Henning clarified that the uniforms will not bear the Sean John clothing line logo because of Reebok's licensing deal with the NBA, but he said there'll be some element on the garments that identifies them as Sean John.

Neither Diddy nor his spokesperson at Bad Boy could be reached at press time, and Diddy's rep at Sean John said he hadn't heard about the Mavericks deal.

On the music side, Diddy's next Bad Boy release will be Carl Thomas' Let's Talk About It, due February 10.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:53 PM   #72
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Rockets34Life
I grabbed the pic from another BBS.

But check this crap out...

Check this crap out:

www.mtv.com/news/articles...lines=true

Dallas Mavericks Say Diddy's Designing Their Duds

Jay-Z may rap about not wanting to wear jerseys anymore because he's over 30, but 30-plus P. Diddy doesn't think there's anything wrong with throwing on sporting garb, especially if he's the one designing it.

Diddy will design the Dallas Mavericks' alternate uniforms for the 2004-2005 season, representatives of the NBA team said Friday (December 5).

"The future is now," Mavericks merchandising director Tim Henning said from Dallas. "We think he's the perfect designer for this kind of project. He knows design, he knows what's happening in terms of what we think is street-credible. Nobody out there is as equipped as Puff — and Sean John, specifically — to take on a project like this. [People] are wearing uniforms as fashion, and who's the guy on top in urban fashion? P. Diddy."

The b-ballers will wear their alternate unis at least 12 times during the season but could sport them on the court more times than that.

Henning said the relationship between Diddy and the team began two years ago, when the hip-hop mogul befriended headline-making Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, but it was two weeks ago that the uniform idea really gathered steam.

"The relationship could develop into something more significant," Henning said. The two sides are talking about Diddy designing ancillary pieces to accompany the jerseys, such as shooting shirts and shorts. But first the jerseys are expected to be unveiled at the annual Magic fashion convention in February. The jerseys should be available in stores with other NBA attire next fall. Mavericks players will begin wearing their new gear in the 2004 preseason.

Henning clarified that the uniforms will not bear the Sean John clothing line logo because of Reebok's licensing deal with the NBA, but he said there'll be some element on the garments that identifies them as Sean John.

Neither Diddy nor his spokesperson at Bad Boy could be reached at press time, and Diddy's rep at Sean John said he hadn't heard about the Mavericks deal.

On the music side, Diddy's next Bad Boy release will be Carl Thomas' Let's Talk About It, due February 10.
You do realize that this has been common knowledge for quite some time right??? Many months now!
Old 10-25-2004, 04:20 PM   #73
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Only since the article came out on December 8th, 2003
Old 10-25-2004, 05:49 PM   #74
Rockets34Life

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Oh, well. I think it's ugly as hell. P-Diddy needs to stay with his other fashion crap and leave the NBA.
Old 10-25-2004, 05:59 PM   #75
mavs413
Golden Member

Quote:
Quote:
Oh, well. I think it's ugly as hell. P-Diddy needs to stay with his other fashion crap and leave the NBA.
How can you say that? We havent even seen them yet.
Old 10-25-2004, 05:59 PM   #76
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Well if it truly is fake like several of our board members are claiming, (and I must admit, it certainly resembles the Celtics jersey), then it doesn't really matter now does it!

Hopefully Mr. Diddy, (how sad), will throw together something nice for the eyes that isn't quite as potato-sackish as our last try!!!
Old 10-26-2004, 02:43 PM   #77
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road

according to my pretty reliable insider source, those uni's are real . . .
3. Heidi Klum - the source of my perspiration
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 04:44 PM   #78
Rockets34Life

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavs413
Quote:
Quote:
How can you say that? We havent even seen them yet.
Everyone has their opinion. And I think it sucks. The font is ugly and so is the color. They should just stick w/ what they have.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:43 PM   #79
dirk2003

its a ugly ass jersey.... but its real. The eastbay link alone is enough.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:54 PM   #80
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: Charlie Brown
according to my pretty reliable insider source, those uni's are real . . .
[img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote