Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-26-2004, 05:54 PM   #81
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE:Alternate Mavs Jersey

Quote:
Originally posted by: Charlie Brown
according to my pretty reliable insider source, those uni's are real . . .
This just basically confirmed it's fake. [img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2004, 09:21 PM   #82
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This just basically confirmed it's fake. [img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]
well, i don't how else to describe my source without giving out names/job title, but i am being serious . . . whatever, i understand the only proof will come once the mavs make it public . . . i was hoping my posting history, albeit limited, gave me some rep of being trustworthy, but i guess not . . .
3. Heidi Klum - the source of my perspiration
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 11:22 PM   #83
GoMavsGo

GoMavsGo is on a distinguished road

new retro jersey for all you green lovers

p.diddy and biggie (best friends for life)
GoMavsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 12:16 AM   #84
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to see them work this new logo for the 25th aniversary somewhere on their new duds...

I like the way the cowboy hat hangs off the "M" like it use to.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:33 AM   #85
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Alternate Mavs Jersey

something a little less cartoon like for the good guys if you dont mind gogo [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 02:21 AM   #86
GoMavsGo

sorry sike, gonna stick to the cartoon look cause its easier for me to recreate...heres another jersey for the 2010 mavs...

zzzzt...zzzzt pass robo the rock....zzzzt
Old 10-27-2004, 02:29 AM   #87
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

they look like a FUBU wifebeaters.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 02:32 AM   #88
GoMavsGo

Quote:
in the future...all shall wear fubu wife beaters. also, i guess fubu is close enough to sean john.

go mavs
Old 10-27-2004, 02:33 AM   #89
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: GoMavsGo
Quote:
in the future...all shall wear fubu wife beaters. also, i guess fubu is close enough to sean john.

go mavs
Oh no!
Old 10-27-2004, 09:56 PM   #90
GoMavsGo

heres a jersey for the 2020 mavs when they decide to retro their 2015 jerseys to celebrate the 35th anniversay...

Old 10-27-2004, 10:03 PM   #91
steponhens

steponhens is on a distinguished road

I actually really like these GMG. I would probably buy one of the 35th anniversary ones.

Napolean: Whatever I feel like! God!
steponhens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 12:04 AM   #92
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: GoMavsGo
heres a jersey for the 2020 mavs when they decide to retro their 2015 jerseys to celebrate the 35th anniversay...

no problem with that...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-28-2004, 08:18 PM   #93
JoeGalvan

JoeGalvan is on a distinguished road

eastbay usuallly photoshops different footwear / apparel product images to save time and money, as opposed to having a product photo shoot for every single one of their millions of pieces of inventory ...

the image may be digitally altered, but it was altered to give an accurate depection of the real thing.

i like em, but that means we will wear 2 green uniforms this year.

home - white/royal
away - navy/royal
alternate - green / royal
retro nights - green / royal
JoeGalvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 08:30 PM   #94
Drbio
Banned

I like that 35th....it reminds me of the retro Nuggets unis.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:30 PM   #95
Drbio
Banned

I like that 35th....it reminds me of the retro Nuggets unis.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:18 AM   #96
DirkFromDowntown

DirkFromDowntown is on a distinguished road

I wish they would just make the third jersey the royal blue color that is found on the trim of the jersey and shorts. It could say 'Dallas' or 'Mavericks' doesn't matter to me.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:23 AM   #97
sike
The Preacha

why have they not revealed them yet? Dont they want to sell as many as possible before the season begins?

Old 10-30-2004, 11:49 AM   #98
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Not until late November according to one of their merchandising spokespersons.
Old 10-30-2004, 11:52 AM   #99
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

We learned our lesson when we premiered new jerseys on opening day. Every team wants to see two things from the opener:
1) they want to win to start off well
2) they want to look good.

Those trash bags really made our opener that much worse.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:47 AM   #100
sike
The Preacha

any news on when we are going to see things???

Old 11-12-2004, 01:13 PM   #101
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

I think Cuban is genuinely superstitious, and he doesn't want to unveil the alt uni's until the season is off to a good start. No one wants a trashbag redux!
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 02:54 PM   #102
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

saw the bump and thought we had real news on when they are to be revealed...DRATS!!
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:41 AM   #103
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

this is on mavgear.com, in the jersey section:

i agree about the whole eastbay thing. They do photoshopping or get pictures provided to them so they don't have to take a picture of every item individually.

word is these are to be unveiled against the knicks?
Old 11-18-2004, 11:53 AM   #104
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

yep.......it's official their now for sale. You can get them @ mavgear.com or at the mavs shop @ aa center for $159.99, got mine this morning [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2004, 11:59 AM   #105
sike
The Preacha

Overall, I like them...but is it just me or does that top left shoulder seem a bit too busy?

Old 11-18-2004, 12:28 PM   #106
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

definitely busy. but i like them.

but i could have designed that. why did we pay puff daddy?
Old 11-18-2004, 12:41 PM   #107
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Overall, I like them...but is it just me or does that top left shoulder seem a bit too busy?
that NBA logo needed to be on the bottom, under the tag. The stacking effect on the top is silly looking.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:49 PM   #108
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
definitely busy. but i like them.

but i could have designed that. why did we pay puff daddy?
so we could be cool...you know, like parachute pants baby! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-18-2004, 03:25 PM   #109
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
this is on mavgear.com, in the jersey section:

i agree about the whole eastbay thing. They do photoshopping or get pictures provided to them so they don't have to take a picture of every item individually.

word is these are to be unveiled against the knicks?
BBL..

where did you hear this?

Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 03:51 PM   #110
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Don't care for them.

I acutally like their current uniforms better than any the club has had.

League has discovered a merchandising mother lode in having teams crank out new uni designs at the drop of a hat. I guess they must figure that they get more $$$ by selling more jerseys than they lose $$$ by brand denigration.

So much for tradition.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 04:29 PM   #111
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I dont like the retro blue ones too much, but the old green ones were awesome.

And agreed with Kiki- our current regulars are some of the best in the league.
Old 11-18-2004, 05:45 PM   #112
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

[quote]
Originally posted by: Blonde Bomber

If you're going retro, then go all out. I don't really like this jersey too blah.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 01:02 AM   #113
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Anyone know if these really are the ones designed by PDiddy? Wouldn't they have publicized that more w/the unveiling?

I like them, they don't try to do too much. Glad to see the greens back. If you want to like them a little more check out Atlanta's new thirds. I think I saw someone call it very McDonalds-colors. Unfortunate.

edit: Here's the mention in DMN. Again, very curious why the P-Diddy connection wouldn't be pushed here. But MavsGear says he did design them.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:40 AM   #114
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I like these jerseys. Nothing too extravagant, just simple and classy.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 11:08 AM   #115
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

I don’t like the new retro model. For me it’s much better the classic retro one (the white and the green t-shirt of the 80s).

At least that’s my oppinion with the image of the MavsGear. Perhaps I change it my when I see Nowitzki and the rest wearing this new (retro?) model.
Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 07:39 PM   #116
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

they only have Dirk and Fin...I want Harris.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:03 PM   #117
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Ugly!
Old 11-19-2004, 10:15 PM   #118
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

For the video feed challenged, you can check some game photos right here on Yahoo
Old 11-19-2004, 11:32 PM   #119
GoMavsGo

i hated how they looked at first , but unfortunately ive have already grown to kinda like em.

go mavs go
Old 11-20-2004, 12:07 AM   #120
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

Wow, I'm surprised so many don't like these uniforms. I already like them better than their regular jerseys. I love that they're are bringing the green back to the mavs.

side note: Whoa ames, those atlanta jerseys are hilarious looking. Of the three players, only kevin willis seemed to be happy wearing that jersey. Childress and that other dude had that "am I really wearing this" expression on their faces.
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote