Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-19-2004, 01:17 AM   #1
akaarod03

akaarod03 is on a distinguished road
Default New York @ Dallas Gameday Thread

Terrible officiating...having no Dampier and Terry for the majority of the game...and on top of that...still missing Finley...it all equals up to a loss against the Suns this past Tuesday. For tonight's ball game against the Knicks...I don't believe Dampier or Terry will be available...which really sucks...hopefully Harris, Booth, and Bradley can step up in this game. The Knicks...fresh off shocking the Rockets in Houston...thanks to a prayer by Jamal Crawford at the buzzer...come into Dallas with the second of the dreaded back-to-back games. The Mavs can't take the Knicks lightly. With that said...if the Mavs can get off to a good start in tonight's ballgame...I think we can come out of Dallas with a win. Go Mavs!

91-83 Mavs
akaarod03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2004, 01:43 AM   #2
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future
Default RE:New York @ Dallas Gameday Thread

Wonder what got censored...?

I agree that the Mavs come out with a win, but I don't see the game scoring so low. There's going to be very little defense on either side of the ball, and I think the Mavs are going to suffer from similar problems (post points). Granted New York's post presence is sketchy at best, but I anticipate an evening of lay-up drills.

Nonetheless I think we pull through, we kinda got out of sync losing two key players the other night. Against New York I think we go into it knowing we don't have them there, our three-headed center steps up and our guard-play rips the Knicks a new one. And of course Dirk goes for 37 and 12 (and 5?).

Holla buallas
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 02:05 AM   #3
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: New York @ Dallas Gameday Thread

Orange, I think it shows as edited because it was made into a sticky thread by a mod.

Time to rebound in order to rebound from a horrible loss to the suns, we should hand the Knicks a 0-2 record on the Texas three step, even sans-Dampier and Terry and Finley.

Mavs roll 120-99.
Old 11-19-2004, 02:14 AM   #4
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I had to edit akaarod03's message in order to make it stick.
Old 11-19-2004, 02:46 AM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

We'd better rebound in more than once sense. KT and Nazie combined for 31 rebounds tonight.

Rebounding could be our achilles heal, especially if Damp is out and we play the zone.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 02:48 AM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
we should hand the Knicks a 0-2 record on the Texas three step
They beat Houston tonight, so we could be one of two teams that causes them to have a 1-2 record coming out of Texas.
Old 11-19-2004, 03:55 AM   #7
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Bounce-back game. Mark it down. 106-95 Dallas. Let's Go Mavs.
Old 11-19-2004, 05:49 AM   #8
Folterkammer

Folterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really nice

i think tonight is one of the nights we can see how deep this team really is!
dirk will be going berserk and stack too.

98-84
Old 11-19-2004, 09:20 AM   #9
gogojojo73

gogojojo73 is on a distinguished road

I think we get out to a fast start with solid defense, which should allow better flow on Offense.
I hope to see more points in the paint.

Mavs 104
Knicks 91
gogojojo73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 09:30 AM   #10
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

this game kinda scares me. You can bet the Knicks will attack the basket with Damp out. I know the knicks don't have the athletes that Phoenix has but don't be suprised to see the Knicks get a TON of offensive boards and second chance opp. I think Bradley will have an impact on defense, BUT his lack of defensive rebounding will hinder us. If Starbury comes out hot and if Thomas and others hit the boards we are in big trouble tonight. Saying all that, I am a homer so I will pick the Mavs in a nail biter.

Mavs - 92
NY - 88
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 09:40 AM   #11
MikeB
Golden Member

MikeB has a spectacular aura aboutMikeB has a spectacular aura about

Close out on shooters...keep Starbury in front of you...get KT in foul trouble....Run,Run,Run...Mavs win!

NYK 84
Dallas 106
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 10:08 AM   #12
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Mavs win. No ifs, ands or buts.
Margin of V: 10.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 10:10 AM   #13
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

The knicks have no inside scoring. Sweetney will meet Bradley for the first time and get treated like a BIATCH!! There will be a lot of sore anuses in the Knicks locker room tonight. You can't bring that weak Jamal Crawford shiznit into a Mavericks game. Bring it inside and get REPELLED!

"I'm going to dunk it on this mutant." .. Michael Sweetney
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 10:11 AM   #14
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Mavs 105
Knicks 82
Old 11-19-2004, 10:22 AM   #15
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

The Knickerboppers have no inside game, very little perimeter defense, and are not that skilled.

With that said, Dallas will absolutely abuse this team, despite not having Dampier down low.

Dallas wins:

Dallas:107
Knicks: 86

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 11:09 AM   #16
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

The Knicks come from a back to back game (a hard game for them in Houston) so I suppose they will be tired. Besides this, Dallas is a much better team. We havenā€™t got Dampier, but I think we wil win the game easily.
Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 11:11 AM   #17
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

nail bitter till the last minute

dallas 98
knicks 95
Old 11-19-2004, 11:18 AM   #18
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I think a prediction on the starting lineup is as interesting as a prediction on the winner of the game. My predicted starting lineup:

Nowitzki
Henderson
Howard
Daniels
Harris

Oh yeah, as for the game, Mavs win by 15 and we get to see time from Booth, Benga, and Dickau in the 4th.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:31 AM   #19
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: bernardos70
Orange, I think it shows as edited because it was made into a sticky thread by a mod.

Time to rebound in order to rebound from a horrible loss to the suns, we should hand the Knicks a 0-2 record on the Texas three step, even sans-Dampier and Terry and Finley.

Mavs roll 120-99.
Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
I had to edit akaarod03's message in order to make it stick.
Thanks guys,

Oh and another note: the Knicks were essentially beaten by Houston last night, it came down to a last second prayer, and they got lucky. We don't take that kinda trash at the American Airlines Center. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 12:27 PM   #20
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Do we get to see Diddy's jerseys tonight?

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 12:31 PM   #21
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs

New uniforms look retro: The Mavericks will unveil their secondary road uniform tonight against the Knicks. The look is retro as it harkens back to the old Mavericks' colors of blue and green. The body of the uniform is green with white '70s-style lettering and blue trim.

The NBA is allowing five teams to unveil their new uniforms at home.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:44 PM   #22
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: vinnieponte
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs

New uniforms look retro: The Mavericks will unveil their secondary road uniform tonight against the Knicks. The look is retro as it harkens back to the old Mavericks' colors of blue and green. The body of the uniform is green with white '70s-style lettering and blue trim.

The NBA is allowing five teams to unveil their new uniforms at home.
Good ish.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 12:56 PM   #23
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

The mavs will come out well rested and play strong, but without Damp, Fin and Terry this game will be much more challenging. No win should be taken for granted I don't see how this one will be different. If the Mavs can jello together and if we play a center more than half the game (I'd like to see Benga for more than 5 mins) I think they will win.

Mavs 101
Knicks 96
Old 11-19-2004, 12:59 PM   #24
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure I would be interested in seeing them "jello" together... would that be decent? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Mavs win, but it's closer than most think"

Mavs - 104
Knickerbockers - 101
Old 11-19-2004, 01:17 PM   #25
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Ah yes, U2. Have you not heard of jelloing together? Sit down and let me tell you a tale, one which begins on a windy mountain road...
Old 11-19-2004, 01:42 PM   #26
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

losing against New York would defeinitely illicit a negative response in me against the new Unis
Old 11-19-2004, 02:23 PM   #27
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

Mavs rebound and are angry at loss to Phoenix. Their improved defense will shine tonight. Mavs 110 - Knicks 85.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 02:35 PM   #28
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

40 minutes of Devin Harris tonight might not be such a bad thing. I think he will be fine and put up some career numbers. Dirk should be able to kill the knicks front court with his aray of jumpers and drives to the hoop. Stackhouse will score 20 and howard will contain the nice trio of guards that the Knicks posses.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 02:37 PM   #29
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

I am worried about how we plan to guard Michael Sweetney without Dampier around but am confident that Devin Harris will harass Marbury to the point that he is less effective.

Mavs win, but without Dampier I am worried.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that itā€™s something special. Heā€™s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the lineā€¦thatā€™s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 02:38 PM   #30
bgantz

bgantz is on a distinguished road

we will have more trouble in this game with all the injuries, but the knicks are terrible, and every player is overpaid.....we win
bgantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 02:49 PM   #31
madape
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: The Miles
I am worried about how we plan to guard Michael Sweetney without Dampier around but am confident that Devin Harris will harass Marbury to the point that he is less effective.

Mavs win, but without Dampier I am worried.
From 82games.com
http://www.82games.com/0405DAL.HTM
Quote:

player: on court, off court, net
Bradley +30.1 +4.3 +25.8
Nowitzki +14.6 -10.7 +25.3
Terry +15.3 +2.5 +12.8
Daniels +10.6 +7.5 +3.1
Booth +10.9 +9.1 +1.9
Finley +7.6 +10.0 -2.4
Stackhouse +8.2 +10.7 -2.5
Henderson +6.1 +10.8 -4.7
Harris +5.9 +11.4 -5.5
Howard +5.7 +15.0 -9.3
Dampier +0.0 +19.1 -19.1
Mbenga -18.0 +10.4 -28.4
Dickau -72.0 +9.8 -81.8
That may be hard to read, but check the link for a better display.

Basically, it says this: The Mavericks actually outscore their opponents by almost 20 points per 48 minutes while Damp is on the bench. When Damp is in the game, they don't outscore their opponents at all. I think this injury is a blessing in disguise. Especially if Dump's minutes are given to Shawn Bradley. The Mavs outscore their opponents by a team high 30 points per 48 minutes when Shawn is on the court.

Damp bench time = more Mavericks crushing.
Bradley court time = massive Mavericks crushing.

Old 11-19-2004, 03:02 PM   #32
gogojojo73

gogojojo73 is on a distinguished road

I just hope they play a true center at all times.
No Dirk or Henderson.

Bradly hold onto the ball and don't get punked out.
gogojojo73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 03:28 PM   #33
Cybertx

Cybertx is on a distinguished road

i think the key will be at the point Harris is good but he's a rookie and put him against marbury it's not an easy task.
Cybertx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 03:40 PM   #34
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

102-78 Mavs roll
Old 11-19-2004, 04:13 PM   #35
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Agreed, Cyber. I hope they are practicing on Harris' assists. A double double from him tonight would be fantastic.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:10 PM   #36
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough

i have a bad feeling but i predict 100-99 mavs
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 06:22 PM   #37
Rockstar

Rockstar is on a distinguished road

112 Mavs
96 NY
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 07:42 PM   #38
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

105-97 mavs

knicks stink, too many overpaid role players
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:46 PM   #39
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs not looking to dirk....that seems to be a running theme early in games.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:53 PM   #40
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm f'ing disgusted with that group of ........whatever you'd like to call them...
They're running around like a bunch of f'ing .......
luckily they're playing the knicks
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote