Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-19-2004, 09:42 PM   #81
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:New York @ Dallas Gameday Thread

19 min and no steals. Very unlike Harris.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2004, 09:44 PM   #82
gogojojo73

gogojojo73 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
its called a zone, go

I undertand zone defense. I am just tired of seeing players out of position on man defense or way out on Zone

Example: Dirk or Henderson will come out to help on the parimeter and get beat in the paint on a cutter or Crawford being wide
open for a 3 with no one on him.

Touchy subject, Flashbacks of last year.

Go mavs
gogojojo73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 09:46 PM   #83
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

The Knicks shot 60% in the first quarter and 35% in the second.

I wonder why that is...hmmmm...
Old 11-19-2004, 09:47 PM   #84
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: New York @ Dallas Gameday Thread

In 3 mins of clock time Bostons lead of 13 over SA disapears.
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 09:50 PM   #85
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

how do the new uniforms look for those watching on tv?
Old 11-19-2004, 09:51 PM   #86
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
The Knicks shot 60% in the first quarter and 35% in the second.

I wonder why that is...hmmmm...
The Mavs going to the zone anchored by Bradley...
Or, perhaps it was because of limited playing time for Tim Thomas in the second...He would have attacked the zone proving that the effectiveness had little to nothing to do with Bradley... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 09:51 PM   #87
PepperTheMavsFan41

And Nellie starts 4 guards
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:52 PM   #88
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mandyahl
how do the new uniforms look for those watching on tv?
The closer the view of the players the better....the further the view the worse they look
Old 11-19-2004, 09:55 PM   #89
Murphy3
Guru

stack's doing a good job of finding the open man
Old 11-19-2004, 09:57 PM   #90
Murphy3
Guru

What in the hell kind of pass was that Dirk? come on, use your head.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:59 PM   #91
Murphy3
Guru

Take Dirk out...his head is not in the game... You need to take the damn ball to the hole.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:59 PM   #92
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Bad shot by Dirk. Then Marquis isn't paying attention and steps out of bounds. Our offense isn't running on all cylinders right now.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 10:00 PM   #93
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

we are awful defensively. Who would have guessed that Dirk at center would make us so bad?
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 10:02 PM   #94
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
we are awful defensively. Who would have guessed that Dirk at center would make us so bad?
Dirk's contesting virtually every shot, but he's coming up just short on getting the block. He needs an extra couple of inches on his vertical. Even when he has forced a bad shot, there's no one there to help out on the glass when Dirk goes for the block.

The bigger issue is the constant penetration allowed on the perimeter.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:04 PM   #95
Murphy3
Guru

Why throw the entry pass the only place that the defender can make a play on it? The Mavs did it twice in a row.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:06 PM   #96
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk does look stronger at rebounding, but he's not doing much else right.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:06 PM   #97
Murphy3
Guru

I don't understand. Dirk can't get a call when he has the ball on the inside. You'd think this was his first game ever in the NBA.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:07 PM   #98
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Howard has been a beast tonight.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 11-19-2004, 10:07 PM   #99
acebball

acebball has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Please tell me DJ the Judo champ can't play D like the Junkyard Dog...isn't that supposed to his role...why can't Nellie see it!
acebball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 10:07 PM   #100
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Dirk does look stronger at rebounding, but he's not doing much else right.
playing solid defense when he's not called upon to be the last defender...when he's allowed to play the PF spot. Amazing, isn't it? You allow a PF to play PF and suddenly their defense gets much better. You ask a PF to be the center and suddenly he's not nearly as good on that end of the court. I wish Nellie could understand this.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:08 PM   #101
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

a miscular garbage man is killing us...and Henderson is riding the pine.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:10 PM   #102
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

I hate zone. It is really killing the Mavs right now. The knicks have wide open shots every time down the court. You'd think that NBA coaches would realize that you don't play zone when you play a jump shooting team.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 10:10 PM   #103
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
a miscular garbage man is killing us...and Henderson is riding the pine.
perhaps you're going just a bit overboard.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:12 PM   #104
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

I dunno if it was a public opinion or not, Murph
Old 11-19-2004, 10:12 PM   #105
PepperTheMavsFan41

Thats because Hendu hasnt been good in 10 days
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:12 PM   #106
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

Mavs should be winning by 20 right now. Their second five should have an easy time with the Knicks. This Knick team sucks. Why does Nellie's offense only have isolation and pick and roll plays? It is a team game.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:12 PM   #107
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

miami-utah is going into overtime...the jazz hit two free throws with 4 seconds left to go up by 2, but dwyane wade hit two free throws with 1 second left to force overtime.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:16 PM   #108
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs lead 75-69 after 3 quarters:

Howard (31) 9-12, 0-2, 2-4, 20pts, 10rbs, 1as, 2tos, 2stls, 1blk

Henderson (11) 2-3, 4pts, 1rb, 1to, 1stl

Dirk (33) 10-19, 1-2, 21pts, 10rbs, 3tos, 3stls

Daniels (31) 4-9, 0-1, 8pts, 4rbs, 4as, 1to

Harris (26) 3-10, 2-5, 2-2, 10pts, 1rb, 1as

Stackhouse (30) 4-14, 0-4, 1-1, 9pts, 4rbs, 5as, 1to, 1stl

Bradley (18) 1-3, 1-2, 3pts, 7rbs, 1as, 1to, 1blk
Old 11-19-2004, 10:16 PM   #109
Murphy3
Guru

Howard's having one of those amazingly efficient games that he throws out there every 8-10 games.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:16 PM   #110
PepperTheMavsFan41

Oh MY Is Penny Hardaway terrible
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:18 PM   #111
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

this team is better without Dirk right now.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:18 PM   #112
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: PepperTheMavsFan41
Oh MY Is Penny Hardaway terrible
He should've retired in '97.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:18 PM   #113
GP

Sweetney looks like a talentless version of tractor-trailer. He's got a big bag of nothing.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:19 PM   #114
FINtastic
Diamond Member

What a block by Stack!!!

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 11-19-2004, 10:19 PM   #115
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

only 9 fouls so far... and still NY didnt score too much. I like that
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 10:20 PM   #116
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

a picture of the unis for those who can't watch the game...
Old 11-19-2004, 10:20 PM   #117
GP

Josh had brain-freeze on that fast break. Part of the growing up process.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:20 PM   #118
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
this team is better without Dirk right now.
Do you throw stuff out blindfolded?

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 10:21 PM   #119
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

the +/- is there, Bayliss.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:22 PM   #120
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: GP
Sweetney looks like a talentless version of tractor-trailer. He's got a big bag of nothing.
I didn't realize there was a talented version.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson