Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 02-14-2005, 09:39 AM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Watch out interns....here comes Howard Dean

WIFE WILL NOT JOIN DNC CHAIRMAN HOWARD DEAN IN WASHINGTON
Sun Feb 13 2005 18:49:45 ET

Howard Dean won the chairmanship of the national Democratic Party over the weekend and quickly began looking for a home in Washington.

"This is really goodbye to Vermont, for now. There's lots of work to do," Dean told supporters.

Eyebrows were raised after it was revealed that Dean's wife, Judy, will not be joining her husband in his move.

"She has a career as a doctor, her patients require her attention," said one Dean friend.

The Deans will join the growing ranks of "commuter marriages," with both partners living in different locations.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2005, 09:40 AM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Default RE: Watch out interns....here comes Howard Dean

Seriously....doesn't this provide a potential chink in the dims armor? What if Dean succumbs to the temptations of D.C.-land?
Old 02-14-2005, 10:36 AM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I just don't understand how someone would be willing to give up their life's partner for a job. I'd like to understand the "growing ranks" number however.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 11:40 AM   #4
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:Watch out interns....here comes Howard Dean

Judith Dean has a career that is seperate from her husband's. She does a lot of good in her profession.

Don't you know couples who do similar? I know a husband who lives in Austin all week working as a lobbyist, another who works as a CFO for a company HQ'd elsewhere, Both are gone Mon thru Thurs.

How nice to see that some people believe fidelity only exists if one's partner is around to reinforce it. Funny thing tho, those who don't want to follow through on their vows won't do so no matter where their spouse is. Those who will remain true will do so regardless of who is watching.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 11:47 AM   #5
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

Marriage comes before work, and politics in my opinion. Either he cant stand his wife or he really wants to rebuild.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:22 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavdog
Judith Dean has a career that is seperate from her husband's. She does a lot of good in her profession.

Don't you know couples who do similar? I know a husband who lives in Austin all week working as a lobbyist, another who works as a CFO for a company HQ'd elsewhere, Both are gone Mon thru Thurs.

How nice to see that some people believe fidelity only exists if one's partner is around to reinforce it. Funny thing tho, those who don't want to follow through on their vows won't do so no matter where their spouse is. Those who will remain true will do so regardless of who is watching.
Your retarded stab notwithstanding, I basically agree with you. My point was though that the opportunity exists now for some intern, etc to make a wild claim or an accurate one. It opens the door up to scrutiny. The dims should be trying harder than ever to avoid situations such as that.

That said, I know for certain some couples make it. I also know that some that would have made it had they been together, have not made it because of the absence and the human emotional failure. If you choose to ignore that, you are being obtuse and myoptic.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:23 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: vinnieponte
Marriage comes before work, and politics in my opinion. Either he cant stand his wife or he really wants to rebuild.

I agree that marraige comes before work. Certainly before politics. That last statement though was just idiotic.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:30 PM   #8
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:

Your retarded stab notwithstanding, I basically agree with you. My point was though that the opportunity exists now for some intern, etc to make a wild claim or an accurate one. It opens the door up to scrutiny. The dims should be trying harder than ever to avoid situations such as that.

That said, I know for certain some couples make it. I also know that some that would have made it had they been together, have not made it because of the absence and the human emotional failure. If you choose to ignore that, you are being obtuse and myoptic.
"retarded"?? man, you are not only archaic but also clearly word challenged.

I'm not aware of any intern making "a wild claim" since the Lewinski affair. Most likely the interns don't want anymore of this unseemly publicity, and the victims are too smart to fall for it.

After the qurter of a century that the Dean's have been married I'd bet the distance isn't a big deal to their relationship. As for those couples who "have not made it", the seperation more than likely just accelerated the unfortunate demise of their relationship.

Regadless, the Washington interns shouldn't be any more concerned about Howard Dean than they would somebody such as Frist.

Old 02-14-2005, 03:33 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Openmindedness escapes yet another libidiot.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:39 PM   #10
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Given the amount the DNC chair travels, I see no reason he has to move to DC at all.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 03:41 PM   #11
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

dr calls everyone a name 9 out of 10 times in his post's. Word's are easily spoken behind your monitor. But he dare to say these words in our face? Just curious
Old 02-14-2005, 04:03 PM   #12
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Openmindedness escapes yet another libidiot.
the obvious irony of this retort has me laughing so hard I fell out of my chair....[img]i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2005, 05:15 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: vinnieponte
dr calls everyone a name 9 out of 10 times in his post's. Word's are easily spoken behind your monitor. But he dare to say these words in our face? Just curious
anytime.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:50 PM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I do know one couple who has done it where the person commutes, but no I've never met a couple who took up permanent residence from each other, nor does that reflect your example although it's close.

I'm not putting him down perse, I just don't understand it. I have known people who have gone ahead of their spouse for reasons of necessity but the spouse always planned to meet up with them.

As far as your snide comment about how I feel about "fidelity" I'll assume you are talking to another poster since that is not my point.

The other question was about the casually thrown out statement of the "growing ranks" of this type of marriage. Some backup on that one would be interesting and I was curious if anyone knew it or was this just another case of a news article editorializing to show acceptance?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 07:54 PM   #15
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

"dr calls everyone a name 9 out of 10 times in his post's. Word's are easily spoken behind your monitor. But he dare to say these words in our face? Just curious "

Very doubtful

Old 02-14-2005, 08:28 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Anytime reeds.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:33 PM   #17
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

you're a bit light in the cakes to be talking crap drbio...from what i hear anyway

but then again..i surrender..you are the best...smartest..and obviously the toughest..im sure your crap dont even stink...
Old 02-15-2005, 12:20 PM   #18
Drbio
Banned

Light in the cakes? Anyone care to educate this obvious dipshit?
Old 02-15-2005, 06:21 PM   #19
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394

The other question was about the casually thrown out statement of the "growing ranks" of this type of marriage. Some backup on that one would be interesting and I was curious if anyone knew it or was this just another case of a news article editorializing to show acceptance?
In these, the 00's, marriage just isn't what it used to be.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote