Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 08-12-2007, 01:24 PM   #1
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all
Default Administration Fights Dem Plan to Boost School Aid for Vets

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/...stration-.html

The Bush administration opposes a Democratic effort to restore full educational benefits for returning veterans, according to an official's comments last week.

Senate Democrats, led by Virginia's Jim Webb, want the government to pay every penny of veterans' educational costs, from tuition at a public university to books, housing and a monthly stipend.

Such a benefit was a major feature of the historic 1944 G.I. Bill, which put more than eight million U.S. soldiers through college and is now credited by historians as fueling the expansion of America's middle class in the post-war era.

But in recent years the benefit has dwindled; under the current law, passed in 1985, veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan can expect Uncle Sam to cover only 75 percent of their tuition costs. That's not enough, say Democrats and veterans' advocates.

More than 450,000 used the benefit last year, at a cost to taxpayers of $2 billion, according to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), which administers the program. The Democratic proposal would cost an additional $5.4 billion a year, the VA estimates -- and that's too much, it says.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2007, 04:54 PM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Mean old republicans.. They should get us more in debt...right?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:12 PM   #3
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

As long as billions and billions pour into the middle east, our infrastructure get's bad in the USA. I must say our money situation, is alot differ than what Bubba left us in office. The neocons know how to spend.

I wa slistening to a program yesterday and it said familes and children by the thousands are pouring out of Iraq and letting whoever come in. It was three countries the most was pouring into. They said a whole generation of kids might not get any schooling from that area in along time. Many have poured into Jordan but the Iraq familes are scarred because if they enrole the kids in school, then Jordan finds out they are illegal and can send them back to Iraq. Most said they are frightned to death to go back to Iraq. So many are taking hard labour jobs and trying to blend in, where they won't be sent back.

The ones that have enrolled in school, Jordan and other groups have asked the USA for 25 million to help the kids get an education. So i believe we said no problem we will give you 25 mil.

Many have fled to Syria, remember this country? The neocons hate this country and they have run many from Iraq, that liked us to a country the neocons can't stand. Thousand's of families. They like Syria because they will not deport them back, so Syria and groups have requested a cool 25 million. To send these kids to school. Naturally we said no, we don't deal or talk to Syria. So some have said, hey just give they cool 25 mil to the UN, and they can pass it out to all the kids and Iraq familes. We haven't done anything with that bunch.

I think other's have gone into Iran, Lebanon, and it was another country i have forgot but all want their 25 mil also.

So see what has happened? War is not let's just go blast em and let them fix and suffer and let them worry about their own food and money. Money is being poured out of this country to help build back what has been done and i want go into who is getting the contracts but not only that, as long as the war, civil war and all the bad stuff keeps happening, it is us that has to fix it and pour money back in at every angle.

Did you see today where Iraq made a deal with 40 mil worth of weapons, without us knowing? They sold them a cool 40 mil worth of weapons, this was the kingpins inside the Iraqi government. These bascially went out on the black market. When you throw money and weapons around like this, people want their cut and share of the money.

You are right, the neocons has got this country bent over and bad. Can we help our schools and our children? Can we give our people own basic health care and fix the bridges and roads? This is not all a game. It is for real. They are pouring billions out, where they want and to ask for something to help our military is not welcomed. Oh yes, it get's us more in debt but the neocons are not going to stop pumping money out of this country and giving to others and keep their own in check. Pretty sad if you ask me.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:21 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
You are right, the neocons has got this country bent over and bad. Can we help our schools and our children? Can we give our people own basic health care and fix the bridges and roads? This is not all a game. It is for real. They are pouring billions out, where they want and to ask for something to help our military is not welcomed. Oh yes, it get's us more in debt but the neocons are not going to stop pumping money out of this country and giving to others and keep their own in check. Pretty sad if you ask me.
Man you guys sure want it both ways. Dubya spends way too much money and the first thing you do is say he'd squandering it. Except you don't think he's spending enough.

Please, please,please tell me where the budget has been cut for any of your wish lists. I think I saw that the Minneappolis transit budget was up 46%!! Ain't enough huh?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 08-13-2007, 02:37 PM   #5
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

What is wrong dude, is a fighting a war in the wrong country. Did we just pick out Iraq to just say come on and now let's get it on? All you bad guy's come to us and let's rumble? The neocons have wanted to lift bans off Iraq and let the oil flow freely thru the allies countries. They could not do this with bans on Sadam. So why don't we say he was the one that ran the planes into 9/11? Where we can attack him.

The neocons ran thru money faster than Vitter can make his phone sex calls. Then on top of that, then they went into Iraq where no Al Queda was and where no Bin laden was. The neocons was scarred to deal with the real issues. Saudiua Arabia, where most all the bombers came from but do you think Georgie and Chains is going to upset where money flows big both way's? Do you think they was going into Pakistan, where alot of Al Queda is and Bin Laen himself? No, the neocons won't do that. Georgie and Chains doesn't like Syria because they pump up the skirmishes and keep things going, like Iran but they are not going into Syria.

We got what Chains and W wanted, alot of Al Queda comming to us and filling up all the countries that borders Iraq and you better bet they are going to keep flowing like ants into Iraq. It is two faiths of the Muslim religion that is mainly running the gov now and the other, didn't vote and was pissed and didn't turn out in that first election. Now that group, which is a big group has full support of Iran. Ever hear of that country dude? That is the country Chains and W fear the most and they should be feared but you go camp out on their doorstep, they feel threatned. What do they do? They keep it going and they keep it hot in Iraq by backing the religion of them and even sending people over, to create destrustion, killing people and inocent people just because of their religion, just because they are not the same type muslim they are.

You go read about the death's and how they are killing people. It is not a pretty site. Iran was scarred to death of Sadam. Iran was in check with that guy there. We supported him and gave him weapons and money for years. How many more war's can we go start now when we are out of money? That war was fought on the wrong battlefield but the neocons can say, woops, my bad they did not have weapons of mass destrustion, they did not have nukes, and a bunch of lies but hey, why we are over here why don't we open the oil fields? Why don't we make Iraq a nice resort country where we can all vacation to?

dude, we are going to be long gone and as long as we live or die, those people are not going to convert to be a republican and they are not going to convert to being a Christian. Iran, Syria, Pakistan, Saudia Arabia, Lebanon, and many many more is not going to open those oil fields, like W and Chains want's. Why? Beacuse they live and die by religion. Anything to do with a christian or jew, is considered an infidel. It is a bigger picture than us being sweeet and nice to them because other countries are sending waves and waves of people to create destruction.

None of this will ease gas prices but when those above countries run Iraq when we leave, gas will ever be higher. So if you stay, nothing changes and you can't keep those ants from flowing in and if we leave, the country is going to those other countries. The neocons thought it could be like South Korea, where we could have soldiers guarding a line. The middle east is going to be a hot bed and i promise you, the usa can not police it. We can't get past first base because number one, religion and the way they believe. The Jews won't change either and they believe what they do and they will fight to the last man and woman, just like the muslims all in the middle east.

Money is gone, and more money must be printed to keep funding this war that will get worse. Tell me a stradegy dude, tell Iran and all those countries we will give you lolly pops and money and case of cokes if you act nice? It don't work that way, remember that word i said earlier, religion. They do not want infidels, or what they think are, on any of that middle east land, period. Guess who the gov of Iraq just done a big deal with on oil, Iran. They are going to do a big huse deal with Iran and Iran get the oil refined. See what is happening?

See who the big player is now? The one that W and Chains didn't want nas a player in the world. Iran benefits from all that has happened. It is others also but i won't go into that. The money will have to be poured into Iraq, even if Iran runs it. USA dollars will be poured in for the next 20 years or more rebuilding it even if Syria and Iran run it. So bascially you will be pouring money into where you didn't want. The un doesn't care about us nor other countries, any that was helping us is pulling and has pulled out.

You better bet the un, all countries in the world will make us pour money into Iraq for the next 30 years because they will say, well you tore it up. No matter who is running Iraq. The only way we can run Iraq, is if a big portion of the usa move there and take up arms and claim the country for ourself. Then it will still be bloodshed forever. If you can't see what to shoot at, how do you win the war and get it stopped?

We have the best military in the world and just the way it is run is fine. This war is not a convential war where you see the target and take it out. Some are eatting and sleeping next to you. Some are in the gov, that we helped get elected. It is all being infiltrated with what we do not want.

Anyone wanted to be the next pres has to have their mind checked because they are going into a time where he or she has nothing to gain but everything to lose. They get to take over a messed up, no money, our infrastructure falling down, war's all around country to try to fix. I respect them all for trying and to see what they can do but it will be hard for years to come with what the neocons has done to us and left us in.

If they wanted Sadam out and our only reason was to kill Sadam and open the oil fields, then why didn't we put a Haliburton official as pres and tell everyone he was muslim, kill Sadam, then get out? I am talking about doing what we had to and get out? Why do we stay like sitting ducks?

We have had people killed from our home town and maybe many in here have but he was walking behind a truck or some vehicle as a gunner or to guard as the vehicle eased down the road. Someone just remotely sat off an explosion and killed him and the guy in the vehicle. They did not give him a chance, they did not give him anything to shoot at. So dude, it is not like seeing and shooting a deer or bird. You do not understand what kind of war this is and how it has to be fought. In sheer firepower, no one stands up to us, so they fight very dirty. It is no rules.

The neocons wars can't be won in the way they want to win it. It is a bigger picture than you can imagine in why this war is being fought on the Muslims stand point and on the neocons stand point.

So now money and funding alot of what the people want and desire will be hard because we have threw money out than you can smoke a cigarette.

Lastly dude, tell me how a neocon thinks? Answer this, do you feel this is a religious war and do you feel it was going to be one and so to fight the religious war, it was best to start it in the middle east and give us a starting place to get it on? To have them come meet us? Instead of them comming here? Remember when you stir a bunch of hornets up, they try to keep comming now and years down the road.

I want to know in a neocons mind and the way you think, why is this war in Iraq good for our country? You also think we attacked the right country for 9/11, in Iraq?
Old 08-13-2007, 05:17 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

Stay on topic janet. Not use every response to talk up your neocon meme.

the question is:

Quote:
Please, please,please tell me where the budget has been cut for any of your wish lists. I think I saw that the Minneappolis transit budget was up 46%!! Ain't enough huh?
Old 08-13-2007, 07:41 PM   #7
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

I support our troops and i support full educational benefits for returning veterans. I support it, you don't because the neocons told you not to use your mind but do as we do. This is fine.

Senate Democrats, led by Virginia's Jim Webb, want the government to pay every penny of veterans' educational costs, from tuition at a public university to books, housing and a monthly stipend.

I support this and you don't. The troops will see who stands behind them.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:43 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
I support our troops and i support full educational benefits for returning veterans. I support it, you don't because the neocons told you not to use your mind but do as we do. This is fine.

I support this and you don't. The troops will see who stands behind them.
Quit putting words in my mouth Janet, you don't read very well because you are too busy talking. I never said I did/did not support it. I just pointed out the hypocrisy of the democrats decrying the budget while castigating someone for holding it.

It's never-ending. The democrats are experts at demagoguing.