Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff

Old 12-30-2009, 08:04 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Mods really need to step up and get control of the tag situation

Hasn't it gotten far enough out of control? If the tags aren't useful to the thread, shouldn't they be deleted? At the very least, if the tags are attacking a member of this forum, they should definitely be deleted.

And no, I'm not trying to have everyone "look at me" or anything else. For all we know, I could have posted something inappropriate in a tag at one point or another.. I really don't know. But the personal attacks in tags need to stop.

Last edited by Murphy3; 12-30-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2009, 08:51 PM   #2
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

It would genuinely be hilarious if the mods closed this thread, edited Murphy's text to be a period, and said it was closed due to "tree falling in the woods"...

Come on - someone step up and make this happen!!!
Old 12-30-2009, 08:53 PM   #3
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

If anybody sees any offensive tags, feel free to report the thread and we can take a look at it.

I try to delete the personal attacks whenever I see them.

As far as tags being off-topic...that's usually pretty harmless.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 12-30-2009 at 08:59 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:57 PM   #4
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
If anybody sees any offensive tags, feel free to report the thread and we can take a look at it.

I try to delete the personal attacks whenever I see them.

As far as tags being off-topic...that's usually pretty harmless.
Killjoy.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:29 AM   #5
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be happy to facilitate some sort of discussion so long as it came with specific examples of what you mean.

Most of the time, how are we supposed to divine the meaning of the tags when they're not really in response to any one person or thing? Only the ones that include or parody of or a very specific username are targets for the sort of scrutiny that's being requested.

The rest of them are just fun. I encourage people to leave tags and have fun.

(Plus, if the mods act on something like that, people start posting "freaking mod nazi's are censoring me, man!!" (It's ok. Those people won't be 23 forever...))
Old 12-31-2009, 09:19 AM   #6
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I'd be happy to facilitate some sort of discussion so long as it came with specific examples of what you mean.

Most of the time, how are we supposed to divine the meaning of the tags when they're not really in response to any one person or thing? Only the ones that include or parody of or a very specific username are targets for the sort of scrutiny that's being requested.

(Plus, if the mods act on something like that, people start posting "freaking mod nazi's are censoring me, man!!" (It's ok. Those people won't be 23 forever...))
Aren't you 19?
Old 12-31-2009, 12:15 PM   #7
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:34 AM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

as for the tag "who cares".. probably the person that's being attacked.

And sorry flaco, the tags have already been edited. And I know that some of you do the very best that can be expected.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:04 PM   #9
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I am, and have always been, of the mind that the moderators should control as little as possible.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #10
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

the tags have turned into a sad joke, and probably serve no purpose...but hey, I suppose they can just be ignored :-)

What do you mean the coach wants me to sit in this shed?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:05 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan View Post
I am, and have always been, of the mind that the moderators should control as little as possible.
I agree. However, they were getting a little overboard with attacking the same person over and over in the tags.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:09 PM   #12
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

aw.... ya big softie!!!

<snif >
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:27 PM   #13
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I just want a list of the Mods (except DJ of course) so I can flame them in the Tags.................

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:08 PM   #14
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
I just want a list of the Mods (except DJ of course) so I can flame them in the Tags.................
Just focus all of your energies on me.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:57 PM   #15
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Just focus all of your energies on me.
as a casual observer, I would have been MUCH more comfortable if you were wearing pants when you said that....
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:22 PM   #16
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yeah, but you've gotta pick your battles...
Old 01-14-2010, 06:36 PM   #17
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, but you've gotta pick your battles...
Why oh why did we have to lose that battle?

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:11 AM   #18
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

the tags always make me laugh
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:07 PM   #19
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I almost never even look at the tags.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #20
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

This is serious business. Super serious.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:07 PM   #21
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

I would like to compliment the Mods and the Tags, you folks have a real good thing going here!!!

I'ld give each of you a positive rep...but I barely know who you are...any way from me to you...AWESOME JOB!!!
Old 02-01-2010, 02:22 AM   #22
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I'll admit, I laughed aloud at "fluffbomb." Whoever did that--nice work.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:13 PM   #23
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I almost never even look at the tags.
I just have a problem with people attacking others in the tags. That's a very pansy way to do things.. even if they're attacking someone that I don't really like (which is usually the case).
Old 02-19-2010, 11:14 PM   #24
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

lol "this is an attack on murph"
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:59 PM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
lol "this is an attack on murph"
Don't give them too much credit.. it is "this is a attack on murph"... I'm not all that into the grammar police, but "this is a attack.." just sounds idiotic.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:00 AM   #26
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:

Honestly, at the time, the insulting tags were all over the place. Your head would have had to be in the sand to miss them.

Last edited by Murphy3; 02-20-2010 at 12:02 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:52 AM   #27
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Only the ones that include or parody of or a very specific username are targets for the sort of scrutiny that's being requested.
QFT
Old 02-20-2010, 10:06 AM   #28
Murphy3
Guru

Which was the case at the time Flaco.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:56 AM   #29
92bDad
Platinum Member

This is all rather amusing and nobody cares...it's a way for some people to blow off steam. Hey, better they write some crazy tags than actually vent in the real world.

It's like the recent controversy regarding Sean White and a very minor Air Guitar during the National Anthem. Some people are offended by this, while others couldn't care less. Yet the same people who attack White, defend President Obama for his lack of class on some moments of the National Anthem being played.

Everyone has a view of things in the real world while they also have opposing view of tags...these are simply things that people can choose to be offended by, choose to ignore, find them useful or find them entertaining...at the end of the day, it doesn't matter.

To each their own :-)

Your's Truly,

The Fluffmeister :-) Now let me crawl back into my forest :-)
Old 03-04-2010, 01:09 AM   #30
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

A far more legitimate problem: can we please make Hollinger a bannable curse word?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
.. who cares?, boo who, flacolacorules!, fluffbomb, fluffy envy, got a bit fluffy in here, less mod control, look at me im important, lots of wussy in the air, murph-whine, not more, tag attack, tagasm, taggot's like tick..., tagurit, taking it in the tag, this is a attack on murph, this is an offensive tag, threadfail, tucking taggot, what's a tag?, who's your daddy, woook - it's tagzilla