Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-12-2011, 11:57 AM   #321
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
The best thing the Cowboys can do as a franchise is lose-out the rest of the season.

Jason Garrett is a hack and Jerry Jones needs to be exposed for putting so much faith in a guy who has acheived NOTHING on any level in his entire career, both as a player and as a coach. That guy who ate the Big Lebowski should be sent packing too...

I really wish Jerry would step down and let Stephen take over the team - then we could get a real coach like Cowher in here (would it be wrong if I started praying for a heart attack?)
Jerry Jones will never step down. If you have a problem with him then start watching another team. I know I have thought about it! Hey the Denver train seems to be rolling right now, who's with me.

Stephen will not be much different when he takes over. He's learned all he knows from his DAD, Jerry. If anything he will be worse than Jerry - at least until he realizes that and lets a real GM take over. Problem is, real GMs would never want to work for Jerry because they would always be watched by 'big brother.'

The only thing that will make Dallas better is if Jerry sells them and a new guy comes in.

Last edited by Ninkobei; 12-12-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2011, 12:07 PM   #322
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
Jerry Jones will never step down. If you have a problem with him then start watching another team. I know I have thought about it! Hey the Denver train seems to be rolling right now, who's with me.

Stephen will not be much different when he takes over. He's learned all he knows from his DAD, Jerry. If anything he will be worse than Jerry - at least until he realizes that and lets a real GM take over. Problem is, real GMs would never want to work for Jerry because they would always be watched by 'big brother.'

The only thing that will make Dallas better is if Jerry sells them and a new guy comes in.
Stephen Jones fought Jerry tooth and nail to get rid of Terrell Owens, urged him to dump Wade Phillips during the bye last year (4 weeks sooner than it happened) and is the primary reason that we even bothered to look at DeMarco Murray in the draft when Jerry was content to roll with Felix and Choice for the next couple years - the two have VERY different philosophies about how to run this team.

But you're right that Jerry will never step down - that's why I'm praying for a heart attack...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:22 PM   #323
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

I never feel comfortable when the Cowboys have a lead, esp late in the game bc the play calling becomes conservative and predictable.... Three times this year with the lead late in the 4thQ and still lose, there's no playoffs happening simple as that
Old 12-13-2011, 04:39 AM   #324
Jerry Stackhouse

Jerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to all

I don't get all the frustration. They have already improved on last year's win total with three games left and still have a shot at making the playoffs. This team has a lot of potential and it should be fun to watch them develop over the next several years.
Jerry Stackhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #325
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Stackhouse View Post
I don't get all the frustration.
do you watch games?
Old 12-13-2011, 02:24 PM   #326
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
do you watch games?
Man, no shit. Talk about a crazy statement to make.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #327
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Stackhouse View Post
I don't get all the frustration. They have already improved on last year's win total with three games left and still have a shot at making the playoffs. This team has a lot of potential and it should be fun to watch them develop over the next several years.
Who's going to Develop over the next several years? Murray, Smith, Dez? Certainly not Romo, Newman, Ratliff, Spencer, Austin, Witten, Ware. They're already developed and frankly will either level off or start to decline. Dallas isnt a young team. Their developing players will be in the upcoming drafts.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:37 PM   #328
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I just jumped on and can't believe NO ONE posted once about Dallas' victory over TB. Really? Not one post huh? I guess basketball season is back in swing.

Romo - fantastic again. Hold on to that ball tighter but aside from that, just a helluva performance AGAIN. Keep it up man - with the Giants losing, if we can beat Philly and the Giants lose next week to the Jets (a team that was just embarrassed by Philly and will be playing for their life) we win the division. If NY wins (no matter what we do) it all comes down to the finale with NY.

Too bad Oakland sucks ass. If they could have held on against Detroit our chances of getting in even as a wild card would have been much better. Fing Suh blocked Janikowski's bid to break the all time FG record by TWO yards. Would have loved to see that thing in the air - even if it would have been short. Dude is STRONG.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:15 PM   #329
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I also would have loved to have seen Janny try that FG, since it would have added 5 points to my fantasy team...and those would come in awfully handy right now.

Great game by the Cowboys. They dominated that thing. It ended up looking far closer than it was.

I feel pretty good about our chances. It's tough to beat a team twice in the NFL...particularly when you were beaten for most of the game the first time.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:32 PM   #330
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I also would have loved to have seen Janny try that FG, since it would have added 5 points to my fantasy team...and those would come in awfully handy right now.

Great game by the Cowboys. They dominated that thing. It ended up looking far closer than it was.

I feel pretty good about our chances. It's tough to beat a team twice in the NFL...particularly when you were beaten for most of the game the first time.
...wouldn't it have added 6? I have him too btw! Friggin lost a point with Suh's block.

We shall see. Philly played us GREAT and looked TERRIFIC today. Rare that you whip someone twice, that is for sure, but I am worried about that game. Luckily it won't matter given Washington's performance.

Worst case, we play NY for winner take all. Best case, we take care of business against Philly and NY loses at, well, NY.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:29 AM   #331
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
...wouldn't it have added 6? I have him too btw! Friggin lost a point with Suh's block.

We shall see. Philly played us GREAT and looked TERRIFIC today. Rare that you whip someone twice, that is for sure, but I am worried about that game. Luckily it won't matter given Washington's performance.

Worst case, we play NY for winner take all. Best case, we take care of business against Philly and NY loses at, well, NY.
In my league it would have been 5 only, but I didn't lose a point for the block. It's a damn crying shame that Suh blocked it, because I bet it would have set the record. As you said, Janny is STRONG. Even after the block, that ball still went a long way. Hall of Fame kicker?

Yeah, it is great that the Philly game is basically a free swing for us, thanks to our dear friends the Redskins. I don't have a lot of confidence that the Jets will beat the Giants, but it's nice to have the possibility.

I'd like to beat Philly, and I think we have a decent chance to, but I don't mind playing Week 17 as a play-in game. If we're going to go anywhere in the playoffs, we're going to have to get used to winning games like that. I'm still pissed about 2007, when we got the bye and then lost to the Giants. (Yes, Patrick Crayton, I'm looking at you.)
Old 12-19-2011, 01:10 AM   #332
chumdawg
Guru

Wow...just saw that the Eagles aren't out of the division race. That's all we needed...added motivation for them against us.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:43 PM   #333
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Wow...just saw that the Eagles aren't out of the division race. That's all we needed...added motivation for them against us.
Yeah it sucks, but the Cowboys don't deserve to make the playoffs if they don't beat them.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:43 PM   #334
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Some serious suckiness tonight. Serious suckiness.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #335
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Terrance Newman. If that guy is a Cowboy next season...

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #336
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Terrance Newman. If that guy is a Cowboy next season...
Definitely. The dude has been 180 degrees opposite of a champion tonight.

Last edited by alexamenos; 01-01-2012 at 09:54 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #337
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how many long touchdowns the Cowboys would have given up if they had moved Terence Newman to free safety as some (very few) had suggested in the preseason. Every time a Giant caught the ball in the flat, they were looking to hurdle him because, on the rare occasion that he actually commits to tackling an opponent below the shoulder pads, he doesn't keep his head up to see the player he is attempting to tackle. He has been pathetic for over three years, overpaid, and horribly overvalued by some (very few) fans.

The Cowboys were having to chip the slot receivers with their outside linebackers because T-Old isn't comfortable with jamming receivers anymore. Throughout the season, Newman refused to adjust to the new scheme by being more physical. Rob Ryan actually commented on this a few times this year. If the Cowboys would have simply cut Terence before the season started, there would not have been a conflict of interest with his agent, and Nnamdi would have gone to the team he wanted to play for. So, I suppose this is a collective clusterf#ck between the player and the GM/owner (what's new?).
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote