Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 12-22-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute
Default No Suspension for Bynum?

Something I just realized...as far as I can tell, there's no suspension being handed out to Bynum for his hit on Barea in Game 4. I remember telling people confidently that the NBA would deal out some sort of punishment, beginning at the start of the next season, whenever it was. At least a game or two. Can't say I'm very happy that he didn't get anything.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2011, 11:25 PM   #2
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

He's out for the first five games of the season.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:22 AM   #3
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I have an interesting theoretical question. What if Bynam were traded to the Mavs ( as LO was ) If he was suspended for the first five games it would then be detrimental to the very team that the act was commited against. Or let say it was Lamar who was suspended. Some how that just wouldn't seem fair would it?
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:57 AM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmtalk View Post
I have an interesting theoretical question. What if Bynam were traded to the Mavs ( as LO was ) If he was suspended for the first five games it would then be detrimental to the very team that the act was commited against. Or let say it was Lamar who was suspended. Some how that just wouldn't seem fair would it?
I don't see the interest in the question. The suspension is against the player. It's not at all designed to be something like "repair for the injured party."
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #5
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Really? I looked around and couldn't find this anywhere. Thanks.

edit: Probably should have googled "suspension for Bynum". That did the trick. I just went to his ESPN page and it had nothing of the suspension. Bynum appealed and it's now 4 games. Eh, whatever. I'm happy.

Last edited by tcat075; 12-23-2011 at 07:58 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:02 PM   #6
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Should have been a 20 game suspension
Old 12-24-2011, 12:07 PM   #7
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly. What he did to Barea is a crime, intent to injure. He's a f*cking d*ck.