Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #81
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

4 corners, no pass rush.

Ryan better invent some new kind of effective corner blitz.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2012, 09:56 PM   #82
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
4 corners, no pass rush.

Ryan better invent some new kind of effective corner blitz.
There's still 6 more rounds, free agency and trades... Too early to judge.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #83
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
There's still 6 more rounds, free agency and trades... Too early to judge.
I know but we just signed Carr to a big deal. I know you need two good corners, but I think signing Carr should of made corner not the top priority.

But on the other hand if we have the best pass defense in the League it would be worth it.

But Ware needs help I hope he gets it.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #84
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
I know but we just signed Carr to a big deal. I know you need two good corners, but I think signing Carr should of made corner not the top priority.

But on the other hand if we have the best pass defense in the League it would be worth it.

But Ware needs help I hope he gets it.
Agreed - in addition, I'd like to see some depth on the offensive line and another WR and TE, but there's still plenty of time for that.

Getting Claiborne is a game-changer that will influence the way Rob Ryan can build this defense from here on out, especially with Carr/Jenkins/Scandrick adding depth... CB is maxed, like QB or RB - now round out your positions of need.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-26-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #85
Underdog

Cowboys looking to trade Jenkins?

Old 04-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #86
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Morris Claiborne: I blew off Wonderlic
Updated: April 27, 2012, 11:30 AM ET
By Tim MacMahon | ESPNDallas.com

Cowboys Fill One Need On Draft Day 1

ESPNDallas' Calvin Watkins and Todd Archer look at the Cowboys 1st pick of Morris Claiborne but know they still have a lot of work to do.
NEXT VIDEO
Grading The Cowboys First Round
IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys first-round draft pick Morris Claiborne said he pretty much blew off the Wonderlic test at the NFL scouting combine, resulting in what has been reported as a single-digit score.

The former LSU defensive back, selected sixth overall Thursday night, told reporters that he didn't take the test seriously.

More from ESPN.com

Morris Claiborne wasn't expecting a phone call on draft night from Cowboys owner Jerry Jones. It was a nice surprise after all he went through before the NFL draft, writes ESPN.com's Ashley Fox. Story

The Cowboys made an aggressive decision in going after the top-rated defender on their board in Morris Claiborne, writes ESPNDallas.com's Jean-Jacques Taylor. Story

"I mean, I looked on the test and wasn't nothing on the test that came with football, so I pretty much blew the test off," Claiborne said.

The Wonderlic consists of 50 questions that must be answered in 12 minutes. Scores on the Wonderlic are kept confidential by the league. But the prospects' scores -- especially low scores -- occasionally have been leaked to the media, despite commissioner Roger Goodell warning teams of "significant discipline" if they're caught disclosing results.

Claiborne reportedly had a score of 4, the lowest reported score in a dozen years. The average score for NFL prospects is 21.

Claiborne said he knew the test score would not affect his draft stock, but he admitted that he was bothered by some of the public mocking he endured after the score was reported.

"When it came out, some of the things that were said ... I'm human, so I had a problem with some of it, but I didn't let that get me down," Claiborne said. "I know what type of person I am. I know that test doesn't reflect on how I learn or what type of a person I am."

LSU defensive coordinator John Chavis made a point to publicly defend Claiborne's football intelligence after the Wonderlic score was reported.

"I've heard what's out there about that test, but I also know the kid, who he is and what he did for us," Chavis told ESPN.com's Chris Low. "We run a very multiple scheme. You don't just line up and play in our scheme. You have to know what's going on and be able to make adjustments.

"You have to be able to think and move and do those things, and let me tell you: I've coached a lot of great players, and Mo Claiborne had no problem picking up anything in our system and doing all the things we wanted him to do."

Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said Claiborne's low Wonderlic score was "not an issue at all." He praised the cornerback's football instincts and ability to take coaching.

"We talk about the test scores, but we also talk about, 'What is his football IQ?' " coach Jason Garrett said. "He has instincts, he has vision, he has the ability to make plays at his position at an elite level."

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 04-27-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #87
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

That's about what Randy Galloway scored.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:53 PM   #88
Underdog

Quote:
Cowboys pick Tyrone Crawford

IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys had to sit through 48 picks Friday after trading away their second-round pick Thursday, but they were still able to fill a need by taking Boise State defensive end Tyrone Crawford in the third round.

Crawford, 6-4, 275 pounds, had 6.5 sacks as a senior and was a first-team All-Mountain West to go along with 44 tackles. He also had 13.5 tackles for loss. In 25 games at Boise State, he had 76 tackles, three fumble recoveries, two forced fumbles and 13.5 sacks.

The Cowboys are looking for more production out of their defensive line, especially in the pass rush. The defensive line produced 10.5 sacks in 2011, led by Jason Hatcher’s 4.5

It’s the first time since 2005 that the Cowboys’ first two picks have come on the defensive side of the ball. The last time came in 2005 when they selected DeMarcus Ware and Marcus Spears in the first round.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...yrone-crawford