Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 06-10-2012, 12:47 AM   #1
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future
Default Timothy Bradley Defeats Manny Pacquiao

Winning by split decision 115-113. Highway robbery or what? Not sure if any of you guys saw the fight.. but Manny dominated Bradley throughout the match with his left hand. I was rooting for Bradley, cause underdog right? The way he won was pretty disgusting... and this is why boxing is going under.

Punches:

Power Punches:

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG

Last edited by GhostFace; 06-10-2012 at 12:48 AM.
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2012, 01:06 AM   #2
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

This was insane...It's bad when ESPN mentions the possibility of "corrupt judges".
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #3
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Absolute nonsense. Pacman landed way more significant hits. Even me, not a boxing expert, could see it.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:48 PM   #4
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's pretty clear that Mayweather isn't going to fight Pac-Man, so this gives them an opportunity to draw more from two fighters who just happen to be promoted by the same guy. Bob Arum is absolute scum. He always has been, and always will be. He's a former US Attorney who wormed his way out of indictments for drug trafficking and fixing fights. He sacrificed his underlings in order to avoid prosecution. The rigged judging will be covered up by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, with a possible removal of the offending judges from future fights (after they received their early retirement bonuses), and the hype for a rematch will begin. This will make money for Arum, the fighters, and Vegas. Everybody wins financially, and it's clear that's all that matters. Boxing is as predictable as pro wresting now. Anyone who buys into it is fooling themselves.

I also want to add that fixed fights may not be as routine as they used to be in boxing, but fixed BIG fights are way more common now. As much as the boxing world loves to knock MMA, at least it has been cleaned up a bit since the days of alleged fixes by the Yakuza-owned PRIDE Fighting Championship in Japan. Then there was the Kimbo Slice fiasco in Strikeforce. Since then, the suspicious fights in MMA are few and far between.

Last edited by ribosoma; 06-13-2012 at 12:14 AM.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #5
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Just when I wanted to get into boxing...

The stats tell all. I remember how shocked everyone was at the bar when the decision came. It's like the judges only saw the 3 rounds Bradley "won". Pretty funky business.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #6
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Read an interview where one of the judges who gave Bradley the fight said that he had Manny winning 5 out of the first 6 rounds.

That essentially meant that he had Bradley sweeping the last 6 rounds to win the fight. I struggled to find 3 rounds that Bradley actually won, let alone 6.

What an absolute disgusting joke. Arum needs to be investigated for fixing the fight. Absolutely rigged.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #7
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
I think it's pretty clear that Mayweather isn't going to fight Pac-Man, so this gives them an opportunity to draw more from two fighters who just happen to be promoted by the same guy. Bob Arum is absolute scum. He always has been, and always will be. He's a former US Attorney who wormed his way out of indictments for drug trafficking and fixing fights. He sacrificed his underlings in order to avoid prosecution. The rigged judging will be covered up by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, with a possible removal of the offending judges from future fights (after they received their early retirement bonuses), and the hype for a rematch will begin. This will make money for Arum, the fighters, and Vegas. Everybody wins financially, and it's clear that's all that matters. Boxing is as predictable as pro wresting now. Anyone who buys into it is fooling themselves.

I also want to add that fixed fights may not be as routine as they used to be in boxing, but fixed BIG fights are way more common now. As much as the boxing world loves to knock MMA, at least it has been cleaned up a bit since the days of alleged fixes by the Yakuza-owned PRIDE Fighting Championship in Japan. Then there was the Kimbo Slice fiasco in Strikeforce. Since then, the suspicious fights in MMA are few and far between.
One opinion I saw on other forums was that they will have a match between Mayweather and Bradley and when Mayweather beats the ever living shit out of Bradley it will spin as Mayweather is better than Pac-Man because he beat the guy who supposedly beat Pac-Man. This will also continue to generate hype for the Pac-Man v Mayweather fight which I don't think will ever happen. In regards to MMA, I think Dana White did a pretty good job cleaning up MMA. He is a boxing fanatic and his tweets that day in regards to the Nevada Athletic Commission were far from pleasant. All about the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Just when I wanted to get into boxing...

The stats tell all. I remember how shocked everyone was at the bar when the decision came. It's like the judges only saw the 3 rounds Bradley "won". Pretty funky business.
This was the first boxing fight I watched in a while and this happens, absolute disgrace. I thought Pac-Man defeated him with ease, when the decision arrived I couldn't believe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange View Post
Read an interview where one of the judges who gave Bradley the fight said that he had Manny winning 5 out of the first 6 rounds.

That essentially meant that he had Bradley sweeping the last 6 rounds to win the fight. I struggled to find 3 rounds that Bradley actually won, let alone 6.

What an absolute disgusting joke. Arum needs to be investigated for fixing the fight. Absolutely rigged.
I thought he won at least two rounds. I feel like the 2nd round was his and maybe a round towards the end of the fight when Pac-Man essentially relaxed because he believed he had the fight won. Other than that, that fight was Pac-Man's. I don't understand how boxing still has viewers and supporters after garbage like this. Such a disgrace to a once noble sport.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote