Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-29-2015, 04:27 PM   #1
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of
Default I think Parsons will not be around after this contract ....

As I have mentioned in some of my posts...I just don't see Parsons as #1 or even #2. He is a very good overall player...BUT I have never seen him take a shot and said...I KNOW that's going in.

I think the Mavs only keep him at a similar salary that he is getting now or lesser...even though he will probably look for more with the cap going up.

Parsons would be the perfect option to have on a team that has a clear #1 ans #2 guy and I think the Mavs will look for that over the next few years. If Parson has an issue with that which I expect he will, then I see him going somewhere else.

ANY THOUGHTS
Old 11-29-2015, 04:46 PM   #2
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Yeah he does have an overinflated ego. Not quite as good as he thinks he is. Was hoping he would raise his game. But it has plateau'd. But until we find another great player, Parsons it will be.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 05:18 PM   #3
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I am not that big of a fan of him spending so much time modeling, doing interviews for fashion magazines, launching businesses, etc. while he is struggling this much.

I still have faith that once his minutes get consistent in the 30+ range and he regains more trust in his health/versatility again, he'll start performing much better. But it seems he needs to also focus much more on basketball. I've definitely become a bit disenchanted.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 06:54 PM   #4
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

His skillset makes him a good piece to have on the team. I've never expected him to be a 1st option and even a 2nd option was somewhat of a long shot to me. If you were expecting that then I guess you just set yourself up for disappointment.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:37 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Where does this come from?

Him being a little shaky as he comes back from major surgery and minutes that take him off his game?

Let him get fully healthy before you say he's not a #1 or #2 offensive option.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 09:31 PM   #6
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly the only scenarios that I see Parsons leaving is if Durant publicly states he wants to come to Dallas or if he doesn't fully recover from injury or suffers another major injury.
The other long shot would be if Anderson becomes a stud overnight but I don't see that happening.

Just keep this team together, sign Noah in the off season, and we will be fine.

Last edited by rimrocker; 11-29-2015 at 10:09 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:54 AM   #7
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

I'm honestly not surprised this topic has been started. I'm not so sure how well Parsons even fits into Mavs system. Although I missed Nuggets game, all previous games offense seemed to stop when he was handling the ball. He isn't great at blocking shots or rebounding - other than what his size gives him. If he would develop his defensive game more, then he'd definitely be a keeper.

At the moment I see him as the only expendable out of starting 5 when you're looking for some mid-season trade to improve current lineup. I don't think that Mavs will let him go during off-season or that they should let him go. Unless you get a clear upgrade over him, I'd rather have him. He's a nice chemistry guy but he needs to pick up his game.

I just think that currently he's clearly the weakest link in starting 5. But I do hope he gets his groove back.

Last edited by Thebo; 11-30-2015 at 01:55 AM.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 04:14 AM   #8
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

Let him get healthy first. Last season he was playing terrific before he went down.

Last edited by Lestat_1795; 11-30-2015 at 04:16 AM.
Lestat_1795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 05:44 AM   #9
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
I'm honestly not surprised this topic has been started. I'm not so sure how well Parsons even fits into Mavs system. Although I missed Nuggets game, all previous games offense seemed to stop when he was handling the ball. He isn't great at blocking shots or rebounding - other than what his size gives him. If he would develop his defensive game more, then he'd definitely be a keeper.

At the moment I see him as the only expendable out of starting 5 when you're looking for some mid-season trade to improve current lineup. I don't think that Mavs will let him go during off-season or that they should let him go. Unless you get a clear upgrade over him, I'd rather have him. He's a nice chemistry guy but he needs to pick up his game.

I just think that currently he's clearly the weakest link in starting 5. But I do hope he gets his groove back.
Mathews is the weakest link so far. Parsons not far off though.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:42 AM   #10
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Where does this come from?

Him being a little shaky as he comes back from major surgery and minutes that take him off his game?

Let him get fully healthy before you say he's not a #1 or #2 offensive option.
I knew some people would thinks this...but to me it has nothing to do with the injury. I understand he is not 100%. I have sat back and watched him since he got here and have tried to be patient and think that he will grow as he played more.

At this point though....as someone mentioned above, I am starting to think that he just doesn't fit well with the team.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:25 AM   #11
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

I would trade noah for Parsons. Straight up. I never even wanted Parsons here. I always wanted ariza over Parsons.

pass the rock to the german moses
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:45 AM   #12
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Mathews is the weakest link so far. Parsons not far off though.
Matthews just needs to start hitting his shots. Everything else that he's been doing is fine as he was brought to Dallas to provide some defense. I think it's yet to be determined what role Matthews will have offensively because I think he has been taking way too many shots but this might also be what RC wants from him.

If you look at Parsons' current production you probably can't figure out what he's been doing on the court. I haven't seen him fit into this new situation.

It's way too early to call it quits on Parsons but it's no surprise that people have started to voice their concerns. Right now it also looks like he's going to opt in after the season because I doubt anyone is going to offer him bigger starting salary than he can have with Mavs next season.

I think Parsons could be amazing defensively with his size but I just don't see the effort. It may be that he still isn't comfortable after his injury but certainly he hasn't done any major leaps after he arrived in Dallas. I also think he gives way too much credit to himself of being ball handler and great at passing the ball. Offense always stops when he gets the ball and then starts to look who to pass it on to. And don't even get me started with his pump fakes even when he's open for the shot...

Overall I think this Mavs team is really fascinating. RC has his hands full come January or February once everyone gets used to each other. You can put JaVale McGee into starting lineup and Mavs have completely different offense; you can do 3-guard lineup; you can do something with Parsons in the lineup - I guess this is something we've yet to witness.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:59 AM   #13
Thebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaljasonandjimmy View Post
I would trade noah for Parsons. Straight up. I never even wanted Parsons here. I always wanted ariza over Parsons.
You could have a 3 team trade.

Mavs receive Noah, Ariza
Bulls receive Parsons
Houston gets Mirotic, Harris, Tony Snell.

But this is just for fun, although sounds pretty realistic to me tbh. I'm sure Bulls would rather give up Gibson than Mirotic but everything is workable. You could also exchange Harris for Felton but even I am not sure which of the 3 backup guards I'd like to trade away at the moment.

But I'm still far from giving up on Parsons though. I have my hopes but if his game doesn't improve by trade deadline, then the trade I mentioned sounds really appetizing.

Last edited by Thebo; 11-30-2015 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:31 AM   #14
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

He's played a dozen games. He has probably played the least amount of full speed basketball of everyone on the roster outside of McGee. Outside of Durant next year there is basically just Barnes, Batum, Parsons, and Deng at the 3 and I don't even want to include Barnes since he is a RFA and an extreme longshot for anybody. I also don't know why people think he doesn't fit in. We have a team full of guys who can shoot(at least they could before this year ugh) and pass and are fairly versatile, that's pretty much exactly what he is. Last year we had him stand in a corner so Monta and Rondo could take turns handling the ball and he found a way to be productive in his few moments as a ball handler. This year he is coming off a significant injury and from what I've seen he looks aggressive and isn't settling for a ton of 3's so I don't know why he is getting so much negativity. He's shooting less 3's and going inside more than he did last year so far in his limited minutes. He isn't finishing as well as we want but I'd be much more worried if he was just jacking up shots on the perimeter and not trying to get inside the defense. And as far as his own defense he looks like he is giving more space than last year. Probably not trusting his ability to move laterally with his injury, which isn't shocking.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 11-30-2015 at 10:32 AM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:42 AM   #15
GermanStandard

GermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to behold

Time to worry a bit. One should expect a man in his mid 20s to recover a bit faster after he had surgery in May?

I give him time until Christmas, but after that he really needs to start going.

I wonder why he is hitting Rondo like Free Throws. His FT Shooting shouldnt be bothered by his knee that much?

-------------------------------------------------

Baller from the G'

Last edited by GermanStandard; 11-30-2015 at 10:42 AM.
GermanStandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:16 AM   #16
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

WTF is this thread? He is not nerarly at 100%, hell not even at 75 i would say. Let's wait until March and see how it goes.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:27 AM   #17
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
WTF is this thread? He is not nerarly at 100%, hell not even at 75 i would say. Let's wait until March and see how it goes.
Well if we were 5-15 then sure, this thread makes sense. As it is, the Mavs are winning without Wes OR Parsons being anywhere near 100%. That is astonishing in and of itself.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:32 AM   #18
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Agree....good luck finding a better SF out there.

I read a suggestion by someone....Parsons for Noah/McDermott.
That might be interesting around TDL if Parsons isn't gelling well before then but let this thing play out because I think he will be fine.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:49 AM   #19
AO41
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Agree....good luck finding a better SF out there.

I read a suggestion by someone....Parsons for Noah/McDermott.
That might be interesting around TDL if Parsons isn't gelling well before then but let this thing play out because I think he will be fine.
As I said in the second part of my post...I think the Mavs will keep him at a similar or lesser price. BUT I think he will look for more and I don't think he is worth it based on what I have seen of hims since he came here.

As versatile as he is...there is something about when he gets the ball on offense that just doesn't go with the "flow offense"...to me when the ball reaches him its like hitting a bump in that "flow offense".
Old 11-30-2015, 11:57 AM   #20
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

He'll be here simply because him and Cuban are buddies
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:33 PM   #21
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Parsons ability to drive to the rim is much needed now that Monta is gone. He still does that as well as anyone at his position.

Old 11-30-2015, 01:29 PM   #22
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Good lord.... I wouldn't base the long-term value of either Parsons or Matthews off of their play from this season. Parsons is still on a pretty strict minutes restriction and needs time. If he still isn't giving us much by March, then you can worry, but he's barely played yet this year. The sky isn't falling.

One potential worry that I do have is that he looks shaky through the end of the season and still opts out. Puts the Mavs in a very precarious position, because in all likelihood he's going to recover to be at least 85% of the player he was physically... so do we roll the dice on that this summer, knowing Matthews is a potential question mark moving forward?
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:28 AM   #23
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I dont see where else he goes from here meaning theres no reason to resign him. He'll float around what hes always done in Houston but he probably doesnt take a huge step above that production.

It was a move that needed to be made (overpaying for him) at the time, but I was always skeptical of his play. I hate his jumpshot, but I like his ability to get in the lane. But he's had trouble finishing around the rim his entire career. And defense is average.

Seems like a great team guy, but he inflates himself to what he really is as a ballplayer.

EDIT: Im basing my no reason to resign him if he wants more than he's already getting in his next contract.

Last edited by Melonhead; 12-01-2015 at 07:38 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:07 AM   #24
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I hate his jumpshot, but I like his ability to get in the lane. But he's had trouble finishing around the rim his entire career. And defense is average.

Seems like a great team guy, but he inflates himself to what he really is as a ballplayer.
My assessment exactly.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:15 PM   #25
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Probably going back to Houston, huh?

sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 08:22 AM   #26
Twenty4sevenn

Twenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to all

Terrible thread
Twenty4sevenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 03:55 PM   #27
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty4sevenn View Post
Terrible thread
This!
Old 12-02-2015, 04:14 PM   #28
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Realistic thread though. And we get bored without these hypothetical situations of what will happen in the future.

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 12-02-2015 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:59 PM   #29
rimrocker
Diamond Member

I wouldn't say "terrible thread" ...more like "terrible timing of thread".
Old 12-02-2015, 05:40 PM   #30
AO41
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat_1795 View Post
This!
We will see how he finishes the season. But we can revisit once his contract is up and see what happened.

Again...I feel like he will want more money. I don't think he deserves more and I don't think he will get it from many teams and that is the only way he might be around....at a lower price.

I didn't expect him to be a star...but he is not nearly the difference make I though he would be and that this team needs...IMO.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:45 PM   #31
Lestat_1795

I think it's unfair to judge a player right after coming back from a major injury. He was playing great at the end of the regular sesson. Without his injury we could have beaten the Rockets.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:53 PM   #32
MrScottMcKenzie

MrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the rough

Dudes in his mid 20's and looks slow and soft. It's time to trade him.
MrScottMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 12:04 AM   #33
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScottMcKenzie View Post
Dudes in his mid 20's and looks slow and soft. It's time to trade him.
I wonder what kind of return we could get before the trade deadline...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 10:07 AM   #34
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing since he is pretty mucn an expiring contract with his PO
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 10:31 AM   #35
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Nothing since he is pretty mucn an expiring contract with his PO
I doubt he will be an expiring. That PO is probably what will hurt any trade value for us this season. If his play continues this way the rest of the season he'll most likely opt in.
Old 12-23-2015, 10:41 AM   #36
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I wonder what kind of return we could get before the trade deadline...
Wonder if Chicago would bite on a Parsons/Mejri/2nd round for Noah/McDermott.
Old 12-23-2015, 11:02 AM   #37
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I doubt he will be an expiring. That PO is probably what will hurt any trade value for us this season. If his play continues this way the rest of the season he'll most likely opt in.
Yep. The best thing will be for him to come around in January once his restrictions are off. If he doesn't get better by the trade deadline, then you can see what his value is.

Isn't his contract pretty tough to move though?

Old 12-23-2015, 11:05 AM   #38
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I do not want noah. Slow and has maybe one good season left. Isn't he injured right now? A couple of seasons ago I would have said yes. But it's too late in his career.
Old 12-23-2015, 11:09 AM   #39
Melonhead
Guru

His stats this season aren't that far off from his averages. Imagine when he's fully recovered we can all see how Parsons never took a step in his game. Career 46% shooter, shooting 43% as of now.
Old 12-23-2015, 03:04 PM   #40
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Yep. The best thing will be for him to come around in January once his restrictions are off. If he doesn't get better by the trade deadline, then you can see what his value is.

Isn't his contract pretty tough to move though?
I think it would be if he doesn't produce by TDL. He won't opt out if he isn't worth what he is making. Would probably be best for him to opt in and then get paid big the next season if he produces next. If he opts out he might have a difficult time getting what he is currently making even with the cap increase.

So yeah, I think there will be a very good chance he is here next season. We're kind of married to him because we'll probably need him (or at least his potential) as much as he needs us (a big salary with an opportunity to be a key contributor).

Last edited by rimrocker; 12-23-2015 at 03:06 PM.