Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-16-2016, 07:40 PM   #41
ActionJackson

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Dirk deserves better.
I know it sounds impossible, but could Dirk be traded? He deserves to play for a contender and The Mavs could pick up some future chips and players for the franchise.
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2016, 07:44 PM   #42
ActionJackson

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

Williams, Harris, Matthews 1-10. And these guys are shooters?

Last edited by ActionJackson; 03-16-2016 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:44 PM   #43
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
I know it sounds impossible, but could Dirk be traded? He deserves to play for a contender and The Mavs could pick up some future chips and players for the franchise.
If Dirk waives his no-trade-clause, then yes. But Dirk is too loyal for that.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:50 PM   #44
ActionJackson

Quote:
If Dirk waives his no-trade-clause, then yes. But Dirk is too loyal for that.
Yes, I know and his home is in Dallas. But maybe they could talk it over? It would also help the whole franchise. It's obvious they won't build a good team here. Unless Howard comes next summer...
Old 03-16-2016, 07:55 PM   #45
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yes, I know and his home is in Dallas. But maybe they could talk it over? It would also help the whole franchise. It's obvious they won't build a good team here. Unless Howard comes next summer...
I guess it's safe to say that the day when a big fish joins Dallas occurs if Easter and Thanksgiving are happening the same day.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Old 03-16-2016, 07:59 PM   #46
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Dirk deserves better.
I would say he does but he re-signed to this so I can't say I feel too sorry for him.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:03 PM   #47
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Even with Howard it wouldn't be enough. We need about 2 or 3 young rotation players on this team. You can't come to the court with a bunch of jump shooting 30 year olds and think that's going to cut it.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:17 PM   #48
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Barea you moron! Ruining the fast break by refusing to pass and then a shitty pass.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:18 PM   #49
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Even with Howard it wouldn't be enough. We need about 2 or 3 young rotation players on this team. You can't come to the court with a bunch of jump shooting 30 year olds and think that's going to cut it.
Pretty much this.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:21 PM   #50
ActionJackson

Oh Lord. A spirited run and then this? The last two possesions were...well, bad.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:23 PM   #51
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Barea and Harris... two of the worst PG's in the league. And we have them both.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:27 PM   #52
ActionJackson

RC could use the off-season and study how to use timeouts.

Last edited by ActionJackson; 03-16-2016 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:27 PM   #53
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Barea and Harris... two of the worst PG's in the league. And we have them both.
They both outplayed dwill
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:33 PM   #54
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:34 PM   #55
ActionJackson

Utah beat the Cavs without Hayward. That makes it extra bitter.

Geez, have you seen the Memphis rotation lately? Too bad where are not playing them this week...

The two Portland games coming up are pretty important. I'd take a split.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:37 PM   #56
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:38 PM   #57
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Was David Lee a better acquisition than Matthews and Dwill?
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:45 PM   #58
ActionJackson

D-Will played like crap today, but he's usually been pretty impressive during the final minutes. But I guess Barea and Harris earned their chance tonight. But we all saw the final result during the last minute.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:45 PM   #59
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Utah beat the Cavs without Hayward. That makes it extra bitter.

Geez, have you seen the Memphis rotation lately? Too bad where are not playing them this week...

The two Portland games coming up are pretty important. I'd take a split.
Lance Stephenson has been balling out there....I guess we had no interest.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:54 PM   #60
TheSportyChannel
Banned

TheSportyChannel will become famous soon enoughTheSportyChannel will become famous soon enough
Default Please DO NOT SIGN a role player like Parson to a MAX

This guy was supposed to be Dirk sidekick but continues to not show up vs elite teams.

Today only had 6 points and is making 17 million dollars. I am sick of him!!!

Why are so many Mavs fans giving him a pass but talked so much shit about Monta Ellis? At least with Monta we won 99 games the 2 seasons he played. Also the 2013-14 Monta & Dirk duo was so fun to watch. Parsons came and it went to shit.

Last edited by TheSportyChannel; 03-16-2016 at 08:57 PM.
TheSportyChannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:43 PM   #61
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No. Dirk can opt out this summer. If he really wants to leave (and he doesn't) he can just walk.

Quote:
Williams, Harris, Matthews 1-10. And these guys are shooters?
Matthews has a reputation as a shooter, but Williams and Harris don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Lance Stephenson has been balling out there....I guess we had no interest.
I don't really see how we could have traded for him. What would we be giving up, Zaza? Barea? Harris?

Boy, this part of the season sucks.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:01 PM   #62
ActionJackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
No. Dirk can opt out this summer. If he really wants to leave (and he doesn't) he can just walk.

Matthews has a reputation as a shooter, but Williams and Harris don't.
They always paint this picture how Harris dominates during practice. D-Will's numbers are also pretty decent. Obviously Matthews is the true star here. In theory at least.

Dirk obviously doesn't want to leave and The Mavs don't want to see him go. But my point is that they could do it together for the franchise. And this could be made by trading him sometime next season? Dallas could get some nice pieces for the future and Dirk could play one more season for a good team.

Obviously as an old romantic fool, I don't want to see it happen. But it would be best for both parties. Then again, if Dirk just wants to stay and he's fine with the scenario that The Mavs will be playing for the 8th seed, no problem.

Last edited by ActionJackson; 03-16-2016 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:11 PM   #63
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I can honestly see dirk retiring after this season. Seeing how the mavs are got damn pathetic there's no reason for him to stick around. He's said as long as he's having fun...this season mostly does not look like fun.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:46 PM   #64
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Matthews clearly was a good system player for Portland because he isn't a good player for the Mavs.

I'm not all too surprised by the loss and even less surprised that Matthews is still terrible.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 11:34 PM   #65
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dirk obviously doesn't want to leave and The Mavs don't want to see him go. But my point is that they could do it together for the franchise. And this could be made by trading him sometime next season? Dallas could get some nice pieces for the future and Dirk could play one more season for a good team.

Obviously as an old romantic fool, I don't want to see it happen. But it would be best for both parties. Then again, if Dirk just wants to stay and he's fine with the scenario that The Mavs will be playing for the 8th seed, no problem.
Are we talking about trading Dirk this summer? If so, he's still going to be a guy turning 38 in mid-June. While he's still obviously a great, great player, who is going to give a first-round pick for him? The teams that would be interested for him are going to be contenders, so even if we got a first-rounder for him, it's probably going to be a really low one. And I think we can agree that the lower end of the first round is mostly a crap shoot.

Not to mention, Dirk getting traded also means that he would have opted in, and I just don't see any way that sequence of events unfolds that way. If Dirk wants to leave, he opts out and signs for at least the ~$8.7M that we owe him.

If you're talking about us trading him next season at the deadline, I suspect we get less than a late first-rounder (or at least a first-rounder that we wouldn't get immediately).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I can honestly see dirk retiring after this season. Seeing how the mavs are got damn pathetic there's no reason for him to stick around. He's said as long as he's having fun...this season mostly does not look like fun.
If he was struggling, I would agree, but man.... Dirk has been white-hot these past couple of weeks. It wouldn't shock me if he retired, but I fully expect him to return next season and probably at least one more season after that. It'll be interesting to see, either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Matthews clearly was a good system player for Portland because he isn't a good player for the Mavs.

I'm not all too surprised by the loss and even less surprised that Matthews is still terrible.
I don't really care for the phrase "system player," especially using it with a negative connotation like you seemingly were. To me, his role here is basically the same as it was in Portland and Utah... the difference is, he's just been really bad. I suspect he is going to be at least modestly better next season as he continues to recover from the Achilles, since the turnaround time on that type of injury is generally about eighteen months. If we're at this point next year and he isn't at least 80% of the player that he was in Portland, then yeah I think we can probably say the signing was a mistake. But I will continue to argue that it was the right type of move to make to hopefully build another winner here.

That said, if we can salary dump him this summer en route to adding a top-flight free agent in addition to keeping Parsons, we absolutely have to.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 06:23 AM   #66
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

To me, his role here is basically the same as it was in Portland and Utah... the difference is, he's just been really bad. I suspect he is going to be at least modestly better next season as he continues to recover from the Achilles, since the turnaround time on that type of injury is generally about eighteen months. If we're at this point next year and he isn't at least 80% of the player that he was in Portland, then yeah I think we can probably say the signing was a mistake. But I will continue to argue that it was the right type of move to make to hopefully build another winner here.

That said, if we can salary dump him this summer en route to adding a top-flight free agent in addition to keeping Parsons, we absolutely have to.
Yeah I think you have to look at the whole picture with the Wes signing. We thought we had DJ locked up and I'm sure there was some type of gentlemen's agreement worked out with Wes and Barea and the reason we paid them more. My guess is the strategy at the time was to sign 2 very good FAs (DJ and Wes)this past off-season to go along with Parsons and Dirk with the hopes of luring and signing a great one this next off-season (Conley?) to make us a top tier team. At the time Wes probably looked like a 3rd or 4th option anyway (more like his role in Portland).
Now I think too much is expected of him....especially offensively.

And like you said, if we can move him this summer in order to make room for a top FA then we absolutely have to do it because he and Parsons alone are not going to attract any decent FAs with the exception of maybe Howard. But signing Howard would only put us back in the situation we were in last off-season when we thought we had DJ and we'll still be a year away from being a true contender. And Dirk simply isn't much of a factor anymore when it comes to signing FAs.

To put it in equation form....Dirk + Parsons - Matthews + Howard + very good FA + Anderson could possibly bring us back into contention. I don't see a path at all with Matthews on the team unless he elevates to a level higher than what he was in Portland.

Last edited by rimrocker; 03-17-2016 at 06:52 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:16 AM   #67
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't really care for the phrase "system player," especially using it with a negative connotation like you seemingly were. To me, his role here is basically the same as it was in Portland and Utah... the difference is, he's just been really bad. I suspect he is going to be at least modestly better next season as he continues to recover from the Achilles, since the turnaround time on that type of injury is generally about eighteen months. If we're at this point next year and he isn't at least 80% of the player that he was in Portland, then yeah I think we can probably say the signing was a mistake. But I will continue to argue that it was the right type of move to make to hopefully build another winner here.

Well I certainly think he benefitted from more talent around him in Portland. Perhaps if the Mavs can add such talent, then he might be OK. Although offensively the Mavs do have a decent amount of firepower that still somehow isn't fully clicking like it should be.

And if the Achilles injury takes 18 months to recover from, then why on earth is he playing the most minutes of any Mav this season? The two just don't add up.

I think what bugs me the most is that Matthews really didn't need to be the same player he was in Portland for this to be a success. Hell, if he had been 60% of the player he was, then we probably have the 5th seed locked up. But there are just far too many games where I'm not sure if he is even 20% of that same player.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 03-17-2016 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:29 AM   #68
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Man, y'all are crazy... Dirk has already stated that a) he'd rather retire than be traded to a contender, and b) he's going to finish out this contract and see how he feels.

Sure, he's human (probably?) and reserves the right to change his mind, but it would be the first time in his entire career that he's gone back on his word.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:30 AM   #69
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
He has already said several times including recently that he is going to at least finish his contract.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:53 AM   #70
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Man, y'all are crazy... Dirk has already stated that a) he'd rather retire than be traded to a contender, and b) he's going to finish out this contract and see how he feels.

Sure, he's human (probably?) and reserves the right to change his mind, but it would be the first time in his entire career that he's gone back on his word.
He'll retire as a Mav. I think that's certain. He's simply too loyal to reverse himself. And he'll play out his contract. In my opinion he'll either retire in 2017 or after the following contract, which could be something like Duncan is having right now. 2 years with the second as a player option. In total that means either 2017, 2018 or 2019 Dirk is gone.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:00 AM   #71
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/202083/tracking/shots/
2014-15 Wes-

Catch and shoot 3pt% = 38.6%
Pull up 3pt% = 39.4%
Less than 10 feet = 59.5%

Open shots(4-6ft)- Frequency taken 37.4% Frequency made 38.8%(35.3%3pt)
Wide Open shots(6ft+)- Freq. taken 25.4% Freq. made 45.6%(45.5%3pt)

2015-16 Wes-

Catch and shoot 3pt% = 38.7%
Pull up 3pt% = 16.9%
Less than 10 feet = 45.3%

Open shots(4-6ft)- Freq. taken 35.6% Freq. made 38.3%(33.3%3pt)
Wide Open shots(6ft+)- Freq. taken 28.6% Freq. made 39.5%(40.8%3pt)

As far as an offensive standpoint he's still getting similar open shots with us that he got with the Blazers. He just isn't hitting them as well as he did. He has fallen off drastically as far as his pull up shots and his ability to score from inside 10 feet which is likely the bigger issue with him since that is something that requires more physically I would imagine. Hopefully he can improve on those things with a full off season but Wes the catch and shoot player isn't really much different. And just by looking at him on defense we can all see he isn't the same physically as he was in the past.

I guess depending on how optimistic you want to be you can either say "well of course he isn't playing well inside like that it takes time to fully recover". Or you can say, well great he's 2015 richard jefferson minus the "athleticism".
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 02:38 PM   #72
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/202083/tracking/shots/
2014-15 Wes-

Catch and shoot 3pt% = 38.6%
Pull up 3pt% = 39.4%
Less than 10 feet = 59.5%

Open shots(4-6ft)- Frequency taken 37.4% Frequency made 38.8%(35.3%3pt)
Wide Open shots(6ft+)- Freq. taken 25.4% Freq. made 45.6%(45.5%3pt)

2015-16 Wes-

Catch and shoot 3pt% = 38.7%
Pull up 3pt% = 16.9%
Less than 10 feet = 45.3%

Open shots(4-6ft)- Freq. taken 35.6% Freq. made 38.3%(33.3%3pt)
Wide Open shots(6ft+)- Freq. taken 28.6% Freq. made 39.5%(40.8%3pt)

As far as an offensive standpoint he's still getting similar open shots with us that he got with the Blazers. He just isn't hitting them as well as he did. He has fallen off drastically as far as his pull up shots and his ability to score from inside 10 feet which is likely the bigger issue with him since that is something that requires more physically I would imagine. Hopefully he can improve on those things with a full off season but Wes the catch and shoot player isn't really much different. And just by looking at him on defense we can all see he isn't the same physically as he was in the past.

I guess depending on how optimistic you want to be you can either say "well of course he isn't playing well inside like that it takes time to fully recover". Or you can say, well great he's 2015 richard jefferson minus the "athleticism".
I'm sure it has to do with his injury and lack of time to work on his weaknesses. He was probably rehabing when other players were working on specific things and he was getting into game shape well after other players were, so I hold out a little hope.

That said, he's killing me.. I think some of his minutes need to be given to Janderson. That kid does a lot of good things and it's getting to a point where at least his time on the floor doesn't hurt you and it's a wash while Wes gets rest. Then maybe we can expect more from Wes.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:34 PM   #73
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

‏@espn_macmahon: The NBA acknowledged in its daily two-minute report that Kyrie Irving fouled Dirk Nowitzki before stealing a pass with 5.1 seconds remaining, essentially sealing the Cavaliers' win over the Mavericks. Dallas coach Rick Carlisle called the loss "unlucky" because a whistle wasn't blown on the play.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-17-2016 at 09:35 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 05:47 AM   #74
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
‏@espn_macmahon: The NBA acknowledged in its daily two-minute report that Kyrie Irving fouled Dirk Nowitzki before stealing a pass with 5.1 seconds remaining, essentially sealing the Cavaliers' win over the Mavericks. Dallas coach Rick Carlisle called the loss "unlucky" because a whistle wasn't blown on the play.
It would have been nice if Rick would have figured out before the middle of the 3rd quarter that rebounding is an integral part of yielding wins in the NBA.
No doubt Irving fouled Dirk but it never should have come to that.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:26 AM   #75
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Agree 100%. When you get out rebounded by 50% (32 to 48), you are killing any chance of a win. And I'm tired of the Mavs being a "bad rounding team" by design. When you run Dirk and CP at the 5 and 4 with 3 PGs ... what exactly do you expect?

We are not the GSW. We do not have their athleticism and crazy offense so stop trying to be them. Take the players we have and use them even if they need development/coaching (Anderson, Powel, Mejri and even McGee).
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:46 AM   #76
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
Agree 100%. When you get out rebounded by 50% (32 to 48), you are killing any chance of a win. And I'm tired of the Mavs being a "bad rounding team" by design. When you run Dirk and CP at the 5 and 4 with 3 PGs ... what exactly do you expect?

We are not the GSW. We do not have their athleticism and crazy offense so stop trying to be them. Take the players we have and use them even if they need development/coaching (Anderson, Powel, Mejri and even McGee).
Problem is that rebounding has been an issue no matter what the lineup is. I def think it has a lot more to do with the 3 guard lineups versus playing Parsons and DIrk at the 4 and 5 since the issue has plagued the team all season.

Old 03-18-2016, 01:38 PM   #77
TheSportyChannel
Banned

TheSportyChannel will become famous soon enoughTheSportyChannel will become famous soon enough

Shout out to users MidLevelFreeAgent, ob1force, realdeal17, and others who are backing up their talk over that loser DLordofBasketball. No reason to defend head operations of basketball teams. You root for the players. Not the executives. Great job guys
TheSportyChannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 02:18 PM   #78
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Problem is that rebounding has been an issue no matter what the lineup is. I def think it has a lot more to do with the 3 guard lineups versus playing Parsons and DIrk at the 4 and 5 since the issue has plagued the team all season.
You are 100% right. Even with Dirk and Zaza we were hanging around 20th-25th in the league in boards. It's partly Dirk. It's partly crappy centers. It's partly the thee guard lineup. It's partly the facts that we are old and Rick wants us to get back so we don't crash boards. It's partly Rick's strategy or lack therof
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 02:31 PM   #79
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
You are 100% right. Even with Dirk and Zaza we were hanging around 20th-25th in the league in boards. It's partly Dirk. It's partly crappy centers. It's partly the thee guard lineup. It's partly the facts that we are old and Rick wants us to get back so we don't crash boards. It's partly Rick's strategy or lack therof
We are 8th in DREB's per game. We are 4th worst in OREB's per game. Making us 20th roughly in total rebounding. So yeah I agree a lot of factors go into that. The biggest ones to me being that the lineups we use and the personnel on the floor have forced us to prioritize getting back and not crashing the boards. I can live with top 10 defensive rebounding. The killer is that we get no second chance points on offense from OREB's. Mavs are 2nd worst in the NBA in second chance points. And they are only 1 point better than the Wizards for that coveted worst place spot.

--Edit--
Actually we are even worse than that. While we may get a decent # of drebs that may be partly due to pace. Our actual defensive reb% is right around the middle of NBA, then we are 2nd worst in Oreb% making our total reb% bottom 5 in the NBA. So yeah lots of factors to be that bad.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/stats?s...&team=1&qual=1

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 03-18-2016 at 02:42 PM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 03:09 PM   #80
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Pretty sure we all knew rebounding was going to be bad before the season started. It was OK for the first 20 or so games and seemed to drop off after that. Zaza's decline hasn't helped.

Mavericks are just an average team. It is what it is.