Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-13-2016, 08:36 PM   #81
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Each team has 3 guys doing all the scoring.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2016, 09:10 PM   #82
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Dubs are shooting 44% from the field, 44% from beyond the arc... What a weird team.

Old 06-14-2016, 04:23 AM   #83
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

A few thoughts about tonight's game-

1. If there was any doubt before, Kyrie Irving is a f*cking stud. The final score is misleading. The game was pretty close throughout, until Irving hit several truly insane shots in a row pretty late in the 4th quarter, and just dominated GSW. There should be no question at this point that he can be a fine Pippen to Lebron's MJ.

2. I would be shocked if Love is still a Cavalier next season. He just doesn't fit in. I feel kind of bad for the guy, because I don't think it's entirely his fault. Lebron is 4 at this point and both guys need to play next to a shotblocker who can defend the pick and roll to be most effective. I still think he could be effective coming off of the bench, but he gets paid way too much for the Cavs to be content to use him as a sixth man, plus they're lacking depth so sorely that they'll probably end up moving Love in a big multi-player deal that brings in two or three role players. They desperately need more shooters.

3- Green's absence was sorely felt tonight. I hate his guts, but he is one hell of a player and is a huge part of GSW's success.

4- Bogut's knee injury looked brutal. I doubt we see him again this series.

5- Lebron is Lebron. What is else new?
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 08:02 AM   #84
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Watching the Finals ...very difficult for me. I can't stomach anything associated with Lebron James.... There are few things/people on this planet that sicken me as much as him. Unless he's playing against the Mavs, he's almost 100% of the time an immediate channel turn for me. I cannot stomach the guy. He makes me want to vomit.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 08:24 AM   #85
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Watching the Finals ...very difficult for me. I can't stomach anything associated with Lebron James.... There are few things/people on this planet that sicken me as much as him. Unless he's playing against the Mavs, he's almost 100% of the time an immediate channel turn for me. I cannot stomach the guy. He makes me want to vomit.
Well he's almost certainly going to lose this series... so there's that at least.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:09 AM   #86
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Well he's almost certainly going to lose this series... so there's that at least.
Oh, come on now, lets have a little faith. The NBA has until Thursday to announce an extension to Green's suspension.

I don't believe last night's game was scripted but holy crap, the calls are almost idiotic ... for both teams. They let so much contact happen on one play and then finally call a moving screen play after letting practically anything happen for 5 1/2 games!

And Steve Javie last night saying the foul on Tristan Thompson should have been a flagrant. Hell, I was even wondering if there was enough body contact for common foul. The guy was going up hard with both hands for a dunk and got the ball hit so hard that it looked like that is what made him stumble. But hey, it's CLE and they are down 3-1 so we gotta build this back up for ratings and more $$$.

There is just zero consistency in today's NBA and it's 100% clear, with zero doubt, that if you don't have/are not a super star, you will not get the call as shown in the Adams vs Lebron groin shots.

Mike and Mike was saying on the radio today that they don't believe the NBA is truly scripted, but they can see why fans would say it and they do believe this is a problem that the NBA has and needs to fix.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:44 AM   #87
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
Oh, come on now, lets have a little faith. The NBA has until Thursday to announce an extension to Green's suspension.

I don't believe last night's game was scripted but holy crap, the calls are almost idiotic ... for both teams. They let so much contact happen on one play and then finally call a moving screen play after letting practically anything happen for 5 1/2 games!

And Steve Javie last night saying the foul on Tristan Thompson should have been a flagrant. Hell, I was even wondering if there was enough body contact for common foul. The guy was going up hard with both hands for a dunk and got the ball hit so hard that it looked like that is what made him stumble. But hey, it's CLE and they are down 3-1 so we gotta build this back up for ratings and more $$$.

There is just zero consistency in today's NBA and it's 100% clear, with zero doubt, that if you don't have/are not a super star, you will not get the call as shown in the Adams vs Lebron groin shots.

Mike and Mike was saying on the radio today that they don't believe the NBA is truly scripted, but they can see why fans would say it and they do believe this is a problem that the NBA has and needs to fix.
Well, still we keep watching, don't we? The NBA wins.

Speaking of groin shots, I hate how the NBA stated that the shot that Green gave Lebron doesn't warrant a suspension on its own. How the hell can you not account Green's past actions and determine that this guy likes to cheap-shot the nether regions, and needs to be punished for repeated offences?
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:45 AM   #88
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Quote:
Plus we won't have to stomach watching a punk-a$$ like JR Smith winning a title.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:46 AM   #89
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post

Green's flagrant against Adams merited an ejection and a one-game supension (at least), irrespective of any cumulative penalties. By failing to address that situation appropriately at the time, the league and Vandeweghe allowed a situation to develop whereby Green HAD to be suspended in the Championship series. Maybe Green isn't intelligent enough to avoid a suspension in any case, but the replay of the contact with James looked minimal.

There is a difference between 'scripted' and 'manipulated'. I am unsure about the former, but I am pretty certain about the latter. The league benefits financially by having the large-market Warriors in the Finals (thus no suspension for Green vs. the Thunder), and it benefits financially by having a longer chamnpionship series (thus the suspension for Green after minimal contact wth Lebron).

Vandeweghe looks dumb and hapless (as did Stu Jackson) enforcing this kind of hocus-pocus. It's an insult to a thinking person's intellect and sense of fairness. The only effective response has to be to vote with your feet / eyeballs / channel changer / whatever.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:29 AM   #90
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping View Post
Well, still we keep watching, don't we? The NBA wins.
Yes, I do. Sometimes I wish I wouldn't but basketball is the only sport that I really like ... or even understand honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping View Post
Plus we won't have to stomach watching a punk-a$$ like JR Smith winning a title.
Please Please Please don't let that happen. It's bad enough that Antoine Walker got a ring.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:52 AM   #91
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Big it out 6-8 weeks. Will not return for the finals.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:57 AM   #92
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
Green's flagrant against Adams merited an ejection and a one-game supension (at least), irrespective of any cumulative penalties. By failing to address that situation appropriately at the time, the league and Vandeweghe allowed a situation to develop whereby Green HAD to be suspended in the Championship series. Maybe Green isn't intelligent enough to avoid a suspension in any case, but the replay of the contact with James looked minimal.

There is a difference between 'scripted' and 'manipulated'. I am unsure about the former, but I am pretty certain about the latter. The league benefits financially by having the large-market Warriors in the Finals (thus no suspension for Green vs. the Thunder), and it benefits financially by having a longer chamnpionship series (thus the suspension for Green after minimal contact wth Lebron).

Vandeweghe looks dumb and hapless (as did Stu Jackson) enforcing this kind of hocus-pocus. It's an insult to a thinking person's intellect and sense of fairness. The only effective response has to be to vote with your feet / eyeballs / channel changer / whatever.

Can't give you more rep but well said.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:18 PM   #93
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

JR Smith might actually be retarded.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:38 PM   #94
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch
Old 06-16-2016, 08:39 PM   #95
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

31-11 Cleveland at the end of the 1st. If you had told me before the game that GSW would only score 11 points in the first quarter and be down by 20, I would have asked what you were smoking and where I could find some. Man, this year's playoffs are weird.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 06-16-2016 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:52 PM   #96
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

OMFG, that foul on Love is just maybe the worst call I've ever seen in an NBA game, and I'm not exaggerating. Not only was there clearly no contact, but it was called like 5 seconds after the fact. Love now has 3 fouls in 2 minutes of action.

Considering the Cavs seem to play better without Love, maybe there IS a pro-Cleveland conspiracy.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:01 PM   #97
Underdog

Quote:
Considering the Cavs seem to play better without Love, maybe there IS a pro-Cleveland conspiracy.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:04 PM   #98
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Aaaaaaand GSW unsurprisingly almost wipes out the lead in just a few minutes.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:24 PM   #99
Underdog

Quote:
Aaaaaaand GSW unsurprisingly almost wipes out the lead in just a few minutes.
Kinda surprised they let it slip away again so fast though... Cleveland finished the half off nice.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-16-2016 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:27 PM   #100
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Kyrie is a stud. IMO he's better than Curry.

Last edited by tap2390; 06-16-2016 at 09:27 PM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 09:37 PM   #101
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Kinda surprised they let it slip away again so fast though... Cleveland finished the half off nice.
Cleveland has played great defense so far. Curry and Thompson have barely gotten open at all. The only guy that has gotten open behind the line is Iggy. If I'm the Cavs, I can definitely live with that. Also GSW getting in early foul trouble was huge. Once the lead was cut to 8, the Cavs answered by getting to the free throw line on several possessions.

Still, even though they're down by 16 I'm predicting the Warriors win tonight. If it were ANY other team, I'd be looking forward to game 7 already, but this is the one team that can wipe out a huge lead in an instant.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:56 PM   #102
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Man, that Green suspension completely shifted momentum
Old 06-16-2016, 10:05 PM   #103
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

The Cavs for some idiotic reason have taken the ball out of Irving's hands.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:12 PM   #104
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Somehow, Kevin Love has become one of the most underrated great players in the league (a lot like Bosh).

Things Kevin Love is great at:
  • Above-the-break threes
  • Catching in the high post
  • Slip-screening to set up offensive rebounds
  • Outlet passing like crazy off of rebounds

Granted, you have to surround him with the right complementary players for him to consistently be good at this, but that's true to a degree for every good player.

Things the Cavs actually regularly use Kevin Love for:
  • Corner threes

When Irving was out for 10 or so games, Love was a killer. As the third option used almost exclusively as a three-point shooter and for some post-ups that aren't the result of mismatches, he struggles. Personally, I look forward to him getting traded to a team like Boston where they make him the featured offensive player and surround him with good defenders. He'll be pretty close to back to form like he was in Minnesota.

If I thought Dirk was retiring this summer, I'd be all over buying low on Love.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:22 PM   #105
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Somehow, Kevin Love has become one of the most underrated great players in the league (a lot like Bosh).

Things Kevin Love is great at:
  • Above-the-break threes
  • Catching in the high post
  • Slip-screening to set up offensive rebounds
  • Outlet passing like crazy off of rebounds

Granted, you have to surround him with the right complementary players for him to consistently be good at this, but that's true to a degree for every good player.

Things the Cavs actually regularly use Kevin Love for:
  • Corner threes

When Irving was out for 10 or so games, Love was a killer. As the third option used almost exclusively as a three-point shooter and for some post-ups that aren't the result of mismatches, he struggles. Personally, I look forward to him getting traded to a team like Boston where they make him the featured offensive player and surround him with good defenders. He'll be pretty close to back to form like he was in Minnesota.

If I thought Dirk was retiring this summer, I'd be all over buying low on Love.
Like I said before, I think Love could still be very effective for Cleveland coming off the bench. Only problem is he gets paid way too much, and the Cavs have too many other needs for them to just keep him as a sixth man.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:22 PM   #106
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone doubting Lebron looks pretty silly right now.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 06-16-2016 at 10:24 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:29 PM   #107
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Anyone doubting Lebron looks pretty silly right now.
No f*cking sh*t. I don't care what the outcome of this series is, or what his record in the finals is. He is easily the greatest player since Jordan. Honestly I'm not sure anyone else comes close.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:40 PM   #108
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No f*cking sh*t. I don't care what the outcome of this series is, or what his record in the finals is. He is easily the greatest player since Jordan. Honestly I'm not sure anyone else comes close.
His game 5 and game 6 are two of the best playoff performances of all time...if not the two best.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:43 PM   #109
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
His game 5 and game 6 are two of the best playoff performances of all time...if not the two best.
Tonight in particular is easily the best individual finals performance I've ever watched- and I watched Jordan's "flu game."

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 06-17-2016 at 07:56 AM.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:52 PM   #110
tap2390
Diamond Member

Simply amazing performance by James... I'm blown away.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:00 PM   #111
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Wow... just wow... I would predict a big win for the Warriors in game 7, but after tonight I'm done trying to predict anything. Going into the series, I thought the Cavs would be lucky to win a single game. Not only getting to a game seven but flat out dominating in the games they have won? Curry fouling out of a game? Not in a million years would I have guessed that. So yeah, logically the Warriors should be massive favorites in game 7, but the honest truth is I have no friggin clue what will happen.

The only thing I'm absolutely sure of is this- there should be no debate whatsoever on who is the better player between Lebron and Curry. Curry is an all-time great shooter, maybe the greatest, and he absolutely deserved his two MVP awards. But Lebron is still the best player in the world, and it's not even close.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:10 PM   #112
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, sounds like I missed a pretty great game from Lebron. I was busy watching the USA COPA America game.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 11:20 PM   #113
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

The Cavs were allowed to do whatever that wanted, and Steph was ticky tacked out of the game.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 11:24 PM   #114
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Kyrie is a stud. IMO he's better than Curry.
At basketball?
Old 06-16-2016, 11:25 PM   #115
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Does the NBA have the balls to suspend Curry? Precedent is that you throw your mouthpiece, you get a one-game suspension.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:32 PM   #116
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Damn, sounds like I missed a pretty great game from Lebron. I was busy watching the USA COPA America game.
ESPN is showing an encore at 2AM. If you can, I highly recommend you watch it or DVR it or something. I DVR'ed it and I intend to watch it again. It really was quite a thing to witness. Not just the raw numbers he put, which are amazing- 41 pts, 16-27 FG 8 reb, 11 ast, 3 blk, 4 stl- but just how much he controlled the game particularly in the second half. There was one point in the 4th when the Warriors had made a big push, pulling it to 9 points after being down by 24, and Lebron scored 18 of the Cavs points in a row. He was grabbing every rebound, throwing what looked to be terrible shots but turned out to be amazing lob passes- just controlled the game. There was one play where Curry looked to have an easy layup, but Lebron came out of nowhere and blocked it from behind, and then smugly trashed talked right in Steph's face. Curry not only didn't respond, he seemed to avoid eye contact with Lebon. The sequence to me is emblematic of the matchup between the two players- Lebron just flat out owning Curry.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 06-16-2016 at 11:50 PM.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:33 PM   #117
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Does the NBA have the balls to suspend Curry? Precedent is that you throw your mouthpiece, you get a one-game suspension.
Even if that is the rule, I would be absolutely shocked if they suspended the reigning two-time MVP in game 7 of the finals. You think people are complaining about conspiracies now, just imagine the outcry if they suspended Curry.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:39 PM   #118
Underdog

Quote:
Dude owes me a ring if the Cavs win it all.

Old 06-17-2016, 12:09 AM   #119
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Wow... just wow... I would predict a big win for the Warriors in game 7, but after tonight I'm done trying to predict anything. Going into the series, I thought the Cavs would be lucky to win a single game. Not only getting to a game seven but flat out dominating in the games they have won? Curry fouling out of a game? Not in a million years would I have guessed that. So yeah, logically the Warriors should be massive favorites in game 7, but the honest truth is I have no friggin clue what will happen.

The only thing I'm absolutely sure of is this- there should be no debate whatsoever on who is the better player between Lebron and Curry. Curry is an all-time great shooter, maybe the greatest, and he absolutely deserved his two MVP awards. But Lebron is still the best player in the world, and it's not even close.
It's close. Curry averaged 5 more points per game this season with a .630 efg compared to Lebron's .551.
Old 06-17-2016, 12:28 AM   #120
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
It's close. Curry averaged 5 more points per game this season with a .630 efg compared to Lebron's .551.
If you're comparing their numbers over this one past regular season, you could argue it's close. Over the course of their whole careers, and taking into consideration who has the better supporting cast, who's a better "leader" etc... no I don't think they're that close. If I were to pick one of the two players to build a team around, I'd pick Lebron without blinking.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 06-17-2016 at 12:41 AM.