Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-27-2021, 05:57 PM   #41
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I think the tri-council approach can have some positives. It could help with keeping the whole team in tune and the chemistry up. We shall see if it dissolves a bit under pressure or with coaches overriding it. The players are every bit as connected as the coaches are with who is working hard and deserves some minutes. I can see it being a slippery slope at some point though.

Kidd has a good crew of assistants around him and I think this all shows that he has grown to some degree from his "hard ass" ways as a HC.

DP does bring a lot of hustle and non stat Plays. But often times his hustle takes him out of position for boxing out or getting rebounds. I'd definitely be looking to try the smaller lineup with DFS at 4 and KP at 5. I just hope people don't get carried away with dfs vs Bullock. Dfs has better handles than Bullock and that really says a lot. Reggie has picked up his dribble for no reason a few times and it completely bogged down the flow of our offense. So I don't think putting him in place of dfs achieves much better results. But I think dfs can do what DP does. If he can set passable screens we aren't really missing much by switching the 2 of them out.
Yep, he doesn't have that stern, calm quiet demeanor on the sidelines any more, he's coaching, he's yelling at the players, motioning, more into it....like he cares about winning or losing. A hard ass, players respect that less, but if you go to battle with them, you earn a ton of respect. Before it was him against the refs, the other team and his own players. Communication is huge, just don't say don't take a 3 any more....got to explain why.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2021, 08:16 PM   #42
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Count me out on the tri council thing.

What happens when the other players on the roster feels like it’s them 3 vs the rest of the team. Or when coaches override players thoughts. Sure it’s fine early because they won and everyone played.

Feels sophomoric and it won’t last.
Old 10-27-2021, 08:42 PM   #43
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post

What happens when the other players on the roster feels like it’s them 3 vs the rest of the team. Or when coaches override players thoughts. Sure it’s fine early because they won and everyone played.

We have no idea about the details involved in what it means. I highly doubt Kidd and Co just let the 3 top players decide things. Projecting is tough to do. I can see pros and cons about it.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 09:26 PM   #44
thewizard

thewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post

If the council is the reason we're starting Dwight Powell right now them I'm not sure how I feel about it either.
thewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 11:44 PM   #45
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Eh I was at the game and it was never really a doubt we would get the dub. Lighten up on KP...probably more time off for a sore lower back in the 4th of a game where his shots just weren't falling. He will be fine.

Moses Brown was the biggest player on the court not named Boban. We could really have something here if he develops.

Sterling Brown is lost on this team, he's got to find a role behind THJ because the 3 position is DFS and Bullock's and they played very well (more so defense and activity for Dodo).

Doncic was great, as expected. But I think he settles for the stepback perhaps a little too often. Not many in the league who can square him up. Rather see him drive at a higher clip. But then again, he could have been discouraged by so many effing missed shots on great passes...

Boban and WCS need more run and it's likely at the expense of Powell, who just looked like a straight up goober at times.

Last shoutout to Brunson. Guy has a feel for the game and plays really well at times, just need to find that consistency and not get phased out in the playoffs. Here's to more growth for him, too.
My thought's exactly....

Not sure why Powell is starting over WCS, Boban or Brown because to me all 3 of them are better than Powell.

That really is the only issue I have with the lineups right now.

BTW I'm all for Kidd playing lots of guys every night and I think unlike RC he will reward the guys who play well and not bench them for weeks for no reason at all.

Hopefully the team can continue to win these early games despite not looking really good at times.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 11:58 PM   #46
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post

BTW I'm all for Kidd playing lots of guys every night and I think unlike RC he will reward the guys who play well and not bench them for weeks for no reason at all.

Hopefully the team can continue to win these early games despite not looking really good at times.
Because I’m petty I went to glance at Pacers. They are 1-4, and have lost every third quarter this season. Doesn’t mean a ton since I’m not watching games, but it sounds exactly like a RC team.
Old 10-28-2021, 12:16 AM   #47
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

It’s not the 6-15 I’m worried about. They played darn well.

It’s the starters I’m worried about. Doncic has been low performance and isn’t scoring efficiently. KP not about to get buckets and wasn’t blocking shots last game. 1-5 needs work.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 10:46 AM   #48
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I could also add that I thought Kidd could have been a little more vocal with the refs at times in that game. Goes a long way with players to have their back on some calls. Note, not all because players these days seem to want every call and combine that with a "what'd I do" attitude on defense. Kidd Karma probably said it best above, go to battle with them.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 11:51 AM   #49
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post

Not sure why Powell is starting over WCS, Boban or Brown because to me all 3 of them are better than Powell.
We are sure why, though. He’s starting because Luka, Timmy, and KP wanted it.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 12:54 PM   #50
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

KP, S. Brown, and Burke are all out.

Wondering who starts. My guess is Luka, Tim, Bullock, DFS, and Powell. I hope is Moses!

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 10-28-2021 at 12:59 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 03:09 PM   #51
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post

Wondering who starts. My guess is Luka, Tim, Bullock, DFS, and Powell. I hope is Moses!
It makes sense to start Bullock, dfs, and one big against the Spurs, because they have a 6’6” PF. I won’t be shocked if Kidd goes Maxi and Powell though.
Old 10-28-2021, 03:15 PM   #52
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
We are sure why, though. He’s starting because Luka, Timmy, and KP wanted it.
I don't think that's the case. I'm thinkin git's more KP and the staff views him as a 4 and so someone had to start the 5. To me it's a toss up between Powell, Maxi, WCS, and Moses. And I honestly think Powell proved to be the best option out of the four.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post

This is probably the S5. Bullock certainly earned a crack, but I wouldn't be shocked that without S. Brown, they leave him as part of the 2nd unit. Moses Brown would be a shock but something I'd love to see. Easy to rotate out with other bigs. Boban could also be a surprise start due to size and experience to bang against Poetl aka their only true big.
Old 10-28-2021, 05:10 PM   #53
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I don't think that's the case.
I don’t disagree with your logic, but Kidd himself said it was the case that the players came to him and requested it.
Old 10-29-2021, 09:29 AM   #54
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
I don’t disagree with your logic, but Kidd himself said it was the case that the players came to him and requested it.
If that's the case, not sure I would agree with the approach. Unless they came to the conclusion Powell was the best option or right there with the best. I can see that with this roster of bigs.