Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 10-29-2021, 01:31 AM   #81
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
Are the Mavericks protesting free throws? Seems that way by hitting only 4 of 13 as a team tonight.
Found this on Mavsmoneyball

4-of-13
The Mavericks’ mark from the free throw line. Anemic. And something that caused them to sweat it out more than they needed to down the stretch. There were no heroes from the string tonight, but perhaps the most glaring instance of poor free throw shooting came with Doncic at the line. With their 10-point lead shaved to six with a minute to play, Luka missed two free throws which immediately turned into a DeJounte Murray three pointer, brining the score to 102-99; a single possession game.

Dallas had the wherewithal to pull out the 104-99 win, but those Luka misses were the cherry on top of an abysmal team performance from the free throw line. 30.8% from the stripe is a great way to lose close games the team should be winning.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2021, 01:31 AM   #82
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Strange game. Maxi was great; I missed that defensively active version of him. Powell— I didn’t think one man could possibly get stuffed at the rim, drop the ball or miss point blank shots that many times in one game. Maybe try an occasional pump fake?

What was with the overturned Luka corner 3? Is that the rule? There was no call on the floor that he was out of bounds and no challenge. I was unaware that you can change on non-call when looking to see if a shot is a two or a three.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 03:46 AM   #83
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Strange game. Maxi was great; I missed that defensively active version of him. Powell— I didn’t think one man could possibly get stuffed at the rim, drop the ball or miss point blank shots that many times in one game. Maybe try an occasional pump fake?

What was with the overturned Luka corner 3? Is that the rule? There was no call on the floor that he was out of bounds and no challenge. I was unaware that you can change on non-call when looking to see if a shot is a two or a three.
A ref can flag a three for review, but I only remember seeing it if they are trying to see if the player stepped on the three line. I can see why it might be the same for out of bounds.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 05:42 AM   #84
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

I love Jalen Brunson - man is going to get paid big.
Finished with 19 PTS, 7 REB, 5 AST and a +21 rating in tonight’s win.
Brunson finished one point shy of his second career 20-5-5 game (1/3/21 at CHI).

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 10-29-2021 at 05:44 AM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 08:21 AM   #85
Grady Wilson

Grady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaMagic View Post
How many of y o u are here anyways? lol
Did this dude ever post a coherent comment????
Old 10-29-2021, 08:40 AM   #86
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

More Ntlikina, less Powell.
Old 10-29-2021, 08:42 AM   #87
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady Wilson View Post
Did this dude ever post a coherent comment????
Lol. Rough start. If I'm trying to get involved in posting more on a board, I'm not trashing the team and the new coach right off the bat. Imo.

I really want Kidd to work out obviously, and if it doesn't then slide Igor over and give him a shot. I love that Kidd has a good supporting cast and he's Green enough to almost have to listen to the assistants as well as the team.

Bottom line about Kidd is that it makes zero sense to me to point fingers at him this early. Even if we had Malone, Snyder, Monte, ...anyone of our collective top 3 talent coaches or likeable guys like Silas or Moseley, it would still take time to iron out the new wrinkles.

I think we are almost always going to have rotation issues with whoever the coaches do or don't give mins to. I think we all want more Moses, Bullock and Frank, and less DP.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 09:39 AM   #88
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Yea that first half of this thread was all panic mode lol but what a ride LukaMagic took me on.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 10:33 AM   #89
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Yea that first half of this thread was all panic mode lol but what a ride LukaMagic took me on.
Lol. It was much like the Mavs journey we take every game so far.

Old 10-29-2021, 11:24 AM   #90
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this but Kidd had a defensive lineup out their for the 1st time I can ever recall in like 10 years by the Mavs

He went with Kleber, DFS, Bullock, Frank & Brunson

I haven't seen that many solid defenders all on the floor at the same time since 2011 title team.

In years past when this team got behind we would go small ball all offense to try and catchup.

I'm not saying Kidd is a great coach but you can clearly see he's willing to stick with a defensive attitude

My only issue with this team continues to be Powell. Dude just doesn't have that lift anymore and it's painful to watch when he gets shots blocked by 6'3 guys in the paint.

Then he doesn't offer any rebounding or rim protection.

I get it Luka, KP and THJ wants him to start but man it's tough watching that guy stink up the starting lineup.

Last edited by Dallas41; 10-29-2021 at 11:25 AM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 03:23 PM   #91
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I get it Luka, KP and THJ wants him to start but man it's tough watching that guy stink up the starting lineup.
It’s strange that they wanted this, because Carlisle had already decided that Powell was not the starter here last year. Powell pretty much did not start if Porzingis was active during last season.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 03:40 PM   #92
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Powell isn't the only stinker in that starting lineup.

Luka was 0-3 with 3TO to start the game.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 03:55 PM   #93
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Powell isn't the only stinker in that starting lineup.

Luka was 0-3 with 3TO to start the game.
Really? It's comes to, "hey Powell sucks, but our superstar started off slow too!" Oy...

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 05:21 PM   #94
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Really? It's comes to, "hey Powell sucks, but our superstar started off slow too!" Oy...
In fairness Luka sucked at the end of the game too. Maybe harder.

But yea. DP is the down side of the tri-council. Put in Maxi and stop this nonsense.

Last edited by SMC0007; 10-29-2021 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-29-2021, 06:20 PM   #95
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Are we literally going to avoid facts, then? Regardless of your complaints about my posting and me as a person, I think it's worth noting that Luka was absolutely atrocious at the beginning and end of the game and this is a trend through four games.

It could be a Luka issue. It's probably a Kidd issue and it's 100% worth talking about when your superstar was a huge negative when playing with the starting five.

Atlanta -25
Raptors +1 (was negative until the last two minutes of the fourth quarter)
Rockets +15
Spurs -19
----------------
Averaging a -7 in the first four games.

Stars are supposed to lead the team in +/- and he's been a net negative. That's a problem.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-29-2021 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-30-2021, 06:58 AM   #96
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Are we literally going to avoid facts, then? Regardless of your complaints about my posting and me as a person, I think it's worth noting that Luka was absolutely atrocious at the beginning and end of the game and this is a trend through four games.

It could be a Luka issue. It's probably a Kidd issue and it's 100% worth talking about when your superstar was a huge negative when playing with the starting five.

Atlanta -25
Rockets +15
Spurs -19
----------------
Averaging a -7 in the first four games.

Stars are supposed to lead the team in +/- and he's been a net negative. That's a problem.
Yes definitely a lineup deficiency problem. If Luka was playing along with a THJ and DFS that could hit the bevy of open shots they are given these numbers would be different. This team doesn't look good at all and something doesn't look right in Luka's game with Kidd at the helm.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 04:12 PM   #97
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Bump

Atlanta -25
Rockets +15
Spurs -19
Nuggets -32
----------------
Averaging a -12 in the first four games.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-30-2021 at 04:12 PM.