Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 03-02-2001, 04:47 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Will we EVER beat the Rockets [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] . Until proven otherwise, I say no [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] .

Rockets 109
Mavs 97

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2001, 05:02 PM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I'm gonna have to agree with Rob on this one. I hope I'm wrong though, cuz I hate coming home from Reunion pissed off [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2001, 05:46 PM   #3
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

Have some faith... Mavs 106, Rockets 104 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2001, 10:09 PM   #4
erub

erub is on a distinguished road

we better win...i'm going to raise hell!
erub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2001, 11:06 PM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

This is a must win for the Mavs. I think the addition of Howard helps us out, now it's up to Nelson to utilize it. Rudy has outcoached Nelson in the small ball department in the first 2 meetings, so maybe he'll try a bigger lineup? Doubt it but maybe he'll suprise us. This is what I'd like to see:

Bradley--Oljawon
Howard---Taylor
Nowitzki-Anderson
Finley---Mobley
Nash-----Francis

The problem with this is, is Mobley too quick for Fin? The last time we played we didn't have Buckner or Najera to help. Maybe this lineup?

Nowitzki--Oljawon
Howard----Taylor
Finley----Anderson
Buckner---Mobley
Nash------Francis

What do you guys think?

Old 03-02-2001, 11:09 PM   #6
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

*ssshhh* Hales doesn't like it when we use the word "Must Win" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] .

But I do agree with you. We gotta win this one.

Old 03-02-2001, 11:15 PM   #7
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

BTW, I'd go with the first line up. I don't like Dirk playing at center. And I think Finley can guard Cat so I'm not worried about that match up.

Old 03-02-2001, 11:18 PM   #8
Hales233
Golden Member

Haha....I'll give you credit this time Rob, that was funny...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2001, 11:50 PM   #9
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Rob, I don't like Dirk playing center either unless it's a must. But, I was trying to figure in a big lineup that Nelson could use. Personally, I like the first one too. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Don't laugh at me because this might be a dumb question to you guys but Im curious. Houston won't necessarily beat us out of playoff spot, will they? How come they couldn't catch Minnesota or Phoenix? Im sure Phoenix is there, but Minnesota isn't a shoe in any more than we are at this stage.
Old 03-02-2001, 11:55 PM   #10
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I can definitly see Houston making the playoffs. They only trail the Suns AND the Timberwolves by 3 games. They've been red hot since the all star break.

I'm still not convinced the Mavs will even make the playoffs.

Old 03-03-2001, 12:02 AM   #11
MavsFanFinley
Guru

I see us making the playoffs, it may be the 8th seed, but it's still the playoffs. I'll have to see what Minnesota's schedule is like because I'd be pissed if they made it and we didn't.
Old 03-03-2001, 12:11 AM   #12
Hales233
Golden Member

I see Houston overtaking Phoenix for a playoff spot. The Suns are too up and down.
Old 03-03-2001, 10:09 AM   #13
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I haven't seen Minnesota's schedule either but I do know that we play each other in Dallas the final game of the season. That could be a very interesting game.

Old 03-03-2001, 01:25 PM   #14
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Hahah found this over at LMF. It's posted on the ClutchCity board.

Old 03-03-2001, 01:38 PM   #15
Hales233
Golden Member

I wouldn't mind seeing that....Hakeem looks pretty good in a Mavs jersey[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2001, 02:49 PM   #16
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

lol , what are they doing over there. They had a picture of him in a Vancover Grizzlies uniform a few days ago.

Old 03-03-2001, 07:18 PM   #17
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Fin's job should be a little easier tonight. Mobley is out with an ankle injury.

Old 03-03-2001, 08:38 PM   #18
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Damn those rockets! They are playing good tonight! DAMN THEM TO HELL!
Old 03-03-2001, 10:00 PM   #19
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

CHALUPAS FOR THE PEOPLE

Finally we beat the Rockets. It wasn't a very good effort IMO but we got the job done. Howard played really well. Dirk was awesome. Finely and Nash played good. HUGE win.

Gotta go change my sig now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Old 03-03-2001, 11:01 PM   #20
djb
Administrator

I'm glad we were able to at least beat em once this year! Hopefully we'll tie up the season series the next time we meet.
Old 03-03-2001, 11:01 PM   #21
djb
Administrator

Oh and that image of Hakeem in a Mavs jersey is looking pretty good right about now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2001, 12:54 AM   #22
erub

erub is on a distinguished road

I hope not. Hakeem's an oldfart, he needs to retire [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. He hurt us pretty bad tonight, going for his season high in points (27). It was fun hecklin him tonight though!
erub is offline   Reply With Quote