Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-22-2016, 11:00 AM   #41
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
One observation from the few games I've watched is the lack of energy and enthusiasm in our starting core. I know it's only preseason but damn we look slow.
Seems very little ball movement and most shots looked like bad shots (heavily contested).

Do we have the slowest and most unathletic starting roster in the league?
Wouldn't surprise me if JJ becomes a starter early into the season to inject some energy into the starting lineup. He looked really good in that role the end of last season.
He's probably the best playmaker on the team. Deron to me is clearly a better all-around player, but JJ's the best player on the team that can work off the dribble and break down defenses. Now, he doesn't always make the best decisions when he does that, but at least it's a skill he brings that just about nobody else does right now. I'd be surprised, if we start with a losing record through the first 18-20 games, if we didn't see Matthews go to the bench ala DeShawn Stevenson so JJ can play point and Deron can play off the ball more.

Or if Bogut goes down for any stretches beyond a couple of games, I could see Powell getting the start at C, and Barea coming in as the first sub pretty early in the first quarter so we can play super small-ball and he can play some pick and roll with Powell.

I feel like we might be in for a long season when it isn't even game one yet and we're already trying to figure out ways for JJ Barea to save our playoff hopes.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2016, 11:03 AM   #42
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Are we really surprised how the Mavs have looked? No one expects Dirk to come out spry in preseason. The question is when he hits a slump this season, will it continue to be a season long slump?

The rest of the team's worries were pretty much identified before preseason even started. Turns out, the worries are true. Even Carlisle knows it with his comment last night.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:10 PM   #43
DoYouEvenLift

DoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really nice

Starting to feel more and more like we're just not a playoff team. I can see us fighting for the 8th spot but I'm out of there's one significant injury, and this is a roster with a pretty extensive injury history. Basically a lot of things will have to break our way.

We will probably not have a very good offense this season.

Last edited by DoYouEvenLift; 10-22-2016 at 08:10 PM.
DoYouEvenLift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 09:22 PM   #44
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Best overall preseason for Brussino. Hope he can develop into a solid spot up shooter. No injures in the preseason means a good preseason for the team. Now the real games need to start.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 02:32 AM   #45
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Wow, dirk was 3-8 with only 8 points. Are we sure this guy is ever going to be a star in this league?
Frog, meet boiling pot.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote