Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #1
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyFreeman View Post
Quincy Acy (undersized but explosive 4 that can rebound and block shots; has an improving jumper/ FT%; showed up big when it mattered most (this is the guy that dropped 22 with Anthony Davis guarding him in the Elite 8); would probably have won the 'NBA' dunk contest this past ASQ)
I'm horrifically biased, but there is not a harder working basketball player than Quincy Acy. I saw virtually every game he played at BU, and the comparison between his first game and his last is remarkable. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from the FT line at the beginning, and he was more than solid by the end. Not an NBA starter by a long shot, but could easily carve out a Brandon Bass/Glen Davis/Jason Maxiell type role. Not nearly as big as those guys, but much more athletic and a better shot blocker.

Get him on your team and he'll do whatever you ask him to. Also, he's a Mavs fan (from Mesquite).
Old 06-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
MVPizzle06

MVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
I'm horrifically biased, but there is not a harder working basketball player than Quincy Acy. I saw virtually every game he played at BU, and the comparison between his first game and his last is remarkable. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from the FT line at the beginning, and he was more than solid by the end. Not an NBA starter by a long shot, but could easily carve out a Brandon Bass/Glen Davis/Jason Maxiell type role. Not nearly as big as those guys, but much more athletic and a better shot blocker.

Get him on your team and he'll do whatever you ask him to. Also, he's a Mavs fan (from Mesquite).
Longhorn fan here. I can tell you that Acy is indeed a demon. I love his game. He'd be a more than solid acquisition. However if i'm going the PF route, I can see strong-starter potential in Moultrie and Terrence Jones. If we got one of them and English I could sleep very soundly next Thursday.

If we somehow take Ross or trade up for Jeremy Lamb I might be in draft euphoria.

My name is Benga, and i'm here to b-b-b-break your face
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1rZBxn3Zx8

Last edited by MVPizzle06; 06-22-2012 at 10:41 AM.
MVPizzle06 is offline   Reply With Quote