Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-14-2001, 06:45 PM   #1
Najera1441

Najera1441 is on a distinguished road

Ya know with all the bouncing around(He's coming...He's not cominng...he's coming He's not coming) I think people are gonna overlook the fact that Calvin Booth is gonna have an Impact on this team.. I think this is the sleeper of the Mavs trade..

From all the indications I have gotten, Boothe is in the mold of a Theo Ratliff(Now correctrme if im just wildly off on that)
If thats the case.. Good Lord the mavs might not need Zhi Zhi.
Tha mavs have shooters, if boothe delivers Ratliff like numbers...l Wow. Its gonna get real hard to deal with the Mavs..

Then. if that happens who would you want to get rid of to put zhi zhi on?

I'm starting to see another minutes crunch fixing to happen even if Trent annd Maxwell leave.
Old 03-14-2001, 07:18 PM   #2
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

Boothe is one of the main reasons this trade went down. If he gets any minutes here, He will be a good one for us.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 07:21 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Zhi Zhi will just be another Bruno Sundov/Donnell Harvey. It'll probably be a while before he gets quality mins.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 07:25 PM   #4
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

He is not going to be a center here anyways from everything that I have read. He is more of a dirk Nowitzki kind of player. But he will need to hone his skills to the NBA style. Will take time. Took Dirk 3 years. If he is 1/2 of what dirk is, he is greatly wanted on this team.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 07:44 PM   #5
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

good point mav, if nellie has his way, dirk will eventually be the starting center full time, then zhi zhi can see playing time at the #3 and #4 spots. from what i've heard and from what little i've seen, this kid can shoot and can handle the ball. there's always room for 7'+ guys that can shoot and handle the ball.

Yes, boothe will be a good player, i hope. he also has an upside, but i have the feeling that he might get buried on a very deep bench next year. but hey, that's what every team wants, quality players 1-12 deep on the team.
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote