Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-11-2001, 01:59 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

With Minnesota losing and Houston winning the last couple games, the Mavs really need to start distancing themselves from the rest of the pack before embarking on their roadtrip through hell. With that said, the Mavs will take this one and that wench at Taco Bell will have no choice but to hand over my free chalups tonight. Mavs 106, Clips 91
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2001, 02:29 PM   #2
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

You could walk away with a free Chalupa, and a Bobble-Head Dirk doll... In my opionion, that puts anyone two steps ahead of the game...
Old 03-11-2001, 03:07 PM   #3
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

Mavs will win by 15 tonight. Hey DJ, you gonna give me that Dirk bobble head doll.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 05:00 PM   #4
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

That road trip is really gonna suck...the mavs really need this win...
Old 03-11-2001, 05:42 PM   #5
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Bradley will see us through... It's just like Dirk said, that if big Bradley keeps playing like he is, he will carry the Mavs deep into the playoffs...
Old 03-11-2001, 05:54 PM   #6
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

We'll take this one easy.

Clips 88
Mavs 104

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 06:17 PM   #7
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

I think Rob is about right on the final score prediction, but I will add an additional prediction that Bradley should go for over 10 rebounds, over five blocks, and should shoot an almost perfect FG% from the floor... I think he must have read our debate the other day (he actually spends a lot of time on the internet) and raised his level of play (I don't really think that- but it would be amusing)It would be nice if my assertion that his number would hang in the rafters of a future American Airlines Center gave the big man some reassurance that some Dallas fans were behind him... I am also happy with the recent statements of Bradley and the coaching staff that show that he will indeed be resigned this year (Dallas also steadfastly refused to consider his inclusion in the Howard deal)...
Old 03-11-2001, 06:22 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not feeling so good today, so I'm giving my tix to my gf and a friend. So hopefully she gets me a bobble-head Dirk!
Old 03-11-2001, 06:26 PM   #9
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I want a bobbing Dirk doll [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] . I collect things like that. Anybody know where I could find one?

Old 03-11-2001, 07:09 PM   #10
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Give it a while, then check on E-Bay. Someone is bound to put their doll up for auction.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 07:12 PM   #11
djb
Administrator

I asked my gf to grab one off some unsuspecting kid if she doesn't get there on time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2001, 08:43 PM   #12
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

So far so good. Dirk is on fire. Bradley's playing well again. Don't like how the Clips kept hanging around for much of the 1st half though. 13 point lead at the half. 63-50

Old 03-11-2001, 08:46 PM   #13
djb
Administrator

The Clips got bailed out by all the Mav fouls. Dirk and Howard are rockin, Bradley's solid, and Buck's back [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Not bad..now if only Maxwell can find his shot and Eisley can, uhm well, do SOMETHING.
Old 03-11-2001, 08:47 PM   #14
djb
Administrator

One more thing..I WANT A BOBBLING DIRK DOLL!!!
Old 03-11-2001, 08:52 PM   #15
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

If those Dirk dolls are going anywhere near the price the Iverson bobble dolls did on E-Bay. You can forget about. It ain't worth that much.

Old 03-11-2001, 08:55 PM   #16
djb
Administrator

How much were the Iverson dolls going for? I was surprised at how nice those Dirk dolls looked (quality-wise).
Old 03-11-2001, 08:58 PM   #17
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Several hundred dollars [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2001, 08:59 PM   #18
djb
Administrator

Ridiculous [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2001, 09:22 PM   #19
djb
Administrator

Juwan sure is playing like a man possessed tonight [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] And Bradley's playing exactly as he should be, now that the Mavs have a legit low post presence. Remember how effective he was during the 98-99 season when Trent was playing at full force? With Howard in the mix, I expect nothing less of him.
Old 03-11-2001, 10:27 PM   #20
djb
Administrator

Mavs 106, Clips 89 FINAL
Old 03-11-2001, 10:29 PM   #21
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Actually, DJ...111-93...
Old 03-11-2001, 10:31 PM   #22
djb
Administrator

Ahh my bad..stupid p.o.s. ESPN isn't updating their scores correctly for some reason [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2001, 10:40 PM   #23
dallmav

Mavs kicked their ass. They are playing awesome. It was great to see some of Harveys potential tonight. He was definitely active.
Old 03-11-2001, 10:46 PM   #24
dallmav

Majic number is at 14 guys. We should make the playoffs no problem. If we keep playing the way these guys are, we could go deep. San Antonio will be tough though.
Old 03-11-2001, 10:48 PM   #25
djb
Administrator

I hope San Antonio or Philly wins it all this year. Actually, anyone but the Lakers will do, though I'll be completely torn should there be a Jazz-Lakers WC finals matchup.
Old 03-11-2001, 11:13 PM   #26
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

3rd really well played game in a row. Outside of Eisley and Maxwell, the hole team is clicking right now. I very pleased with the way Howard is fitting in. Thought he played really well tonight. Dirk was a stud as usual. Didn't hear much from Finley tonight though. Bradley played good again. And now Buck's back from injury. Big win tonight. Lets keep it going Mavs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Old 03-11-2001, 11:24 PM   #27
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Donnel Harvey: three offensive boards in just under ten minutes, plus some impressive post moves here and there. I'm dying to see what he can do in a decent amount of playing time, even though it almost certainly won't be happening this year... Shawn Bradley continues to dominate, as does Dirk, who may be bringing his game to another level at an ideal time. Nash still consistently outplays every point guard he goes against... I am seriously starting to believe that nobody is getting better play at the point than the Dallas Mavericks- the Suns included. Bradley seems to enjoy getting a season high in a different stat every night.... let's hope he keeps it up. Great win...
Old 03-11-2001, 11:27 PM   #28
djb
Administrator

What did you all think about Trent's play?
Old 03-11-2001, 11:33 PM   #29
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Trent played [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] . Didn't notice.

Nah, he didn't do anything special IMO. Had a few good moves to the basket. Not much else.

Old 03-11-2001, 11:40 PM   #30
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Since the Rockets lost to the Suns tonight, isn't the magic number only 13?
Old 03-11-2001, 11:46 PM   #31
djb
Administrator

Nope it's 14 because the Rockets lost AND we won [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2001, 02:03 AM   #32
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

My mission in life now is to get one of those bobble head dolls [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2001, 02:06 AM   #33
scooterj5
Golden Member

Good to see Dirk get 6 assists and even better Bradley getting 5 steals.
Old 03-12-2001, 02:06 AM   #34
scooterj5
Golden Member

....If only Mad Max could shoot!! 1 for 8 against the Clip?!
Old 03-13-2001, 07:24 AM   #35
mavsfan-972

mavsfan-972 is on a distinguished road

The clippers will soon be a rivalry when all their talent developes they will be a good team. All they can do now is play alone. Just wait....
mavsfan-972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 07:25 AM   #36
mavsfan-972

mavsfan-972 is on a distinguished road

btw... we are still crushing the clippers and will probably for 2 more seasons. And I don't even like those bobbble head dolls.
mavsfan-972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 12:14 AM   #37
scooterj5
Golden Member

What exactly is bobble head doll, I have only heard they give them away they sound pretty cool?
Old 03-14-2001, 12:48 AM   #38
djb
Administrator

Check here for pics of the infamous bobble doll.