Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-17-2005, 04:48 AM   #1
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default So I buy the Sin City dvd and.......

i'm pissed off lol. I mean really couldn't they have just waited on the Special Edition dvd? There is literally nothing on this dvd other than the movie itself and a behind the scenes special that was probably shown on HBO. I wish I would've known that there was gonna be a Special Edition version dropping later on this year. I wouldn't have waisted my time on this. Still a great film however.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2005, 08:53 AM   #2
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: So I buy the Sin City dvd and.......

I'll buy it now, and then trade it in for credit when the special edition comes out. That movie is all that. But nothing can be worse than Ocean's Twelve. They have no bonus feature except their trailer. Pathetic.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 01:31 PM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:So I buy the Sin City dvd and.......

on ebert and roeper they mentioned that the other night, and roeper said "why dont they just include some outtakes?"

and Ebert replied that if the shots weren't good enough to put in the movie they wouldnt want to do all the CGI on them, and there isnt anything more boring than someone fumbling their line in front of a blue or green screen.

They really needed to have scans of the comic book, interviews with the actors, and the comic writers, as well as a movie about how they made the special effects with step by step illustrations, and maybe some commentary about certain scenes, and even a segment where they showed a scene in the movie on one side of the screen, with either the storyboards or the original comic on the other side.

Oh well. Still a good movie, but why own a DVD if they dont give you anything
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 02:12 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Now see. That is a good idea that EL has. Put the comic in there and some storyboards. That would be a nice addition as would some short interviews.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 08:26 PM   #5
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Did you not get a Comic book with it, Dr? At best buy they were giving out comic books with the purchase.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:10 AM   #6
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

at least a pictorial page of jessica alba.. i mean comeon =x

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 01:48 PM   #7
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

that's all supposed to be in the works on the next version. views of the comic along with the scenes. there's also going to be an extended cut of the film.

This happens all the time in DVDs. studios get a release out as soon as they can, then release a better version down the road. Check out this thread at DVDTalk.com. I often don't buy a DVD if it is going to be re-released (unless i'm happy with the current available version). in the case of Sin City, the initial release is very limited.

Upcoming Re-releases List
Old 08-24-2005, 09:29 PM   #8
Lonely PSU Mavs Fan

Lonely PSU Mavs Fan is on a distinguished road

http://www.filmrot.com/images/sincit...s/sincity.html

They show a bunch of comparisons of actual screen shots to Frank Miller's comic frames. I thought it was pretty cool to see how close they got a lot of stuff.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:22 AM   #9
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Watched it last night, pretty dark stuff.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote