Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-27-2008, 01:44 PM   #1
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito
While I like the idea of Scandrick, there were three NTs to be had there - Okam, Shirley, and Pressley.
Oh no, that was a great choice as he will get a lot more playing time than those guys. DT lost all depth when we were up to pick. I thought we would fill the ST need later in the draft but this guy is a stud, fast, and can actually play CB also. If Pacman doesn't play he is a need.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:42 PM   #2
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Chris Long, #2 selection in the draft, said Choice was the #1 RB in the draft and the hardest to take down.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:43 PM   #3
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male26Dan
Chris Long, #2 selection in the draft, said Choice was the #1 RB in the draft and the hardest to take down.
Yep. I recall pointing out a long time ago that I'd be perfectly happy waiting until the 3rd or 4th to pick up Choice. I've seen him run, and he's got skills.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:48 PM   #4
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

We still need DT help if Ratliff moves, but we can get a guy like Rubin or McClinton with the 1st pick in the 6th and they are comparable to Okam, Shirley, and Pressley; however, a guy like Scandrick would not have been there with that pick. Again, great value.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:51 PM   #5
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

There is some great lineman value still out there too. I can't believe Nicks is still available on the cusp of the 6th round as some mocks actually had him selected in the 1st, (though most in the 2nd/3rd).

Last edited by Male30Dan; 04-27-2008 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Because I wanted to? WTF???
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:04 PM   #6
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Crap... There went Nicks!
Old 04-27-2008, 02:04 PM   #7
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Giving up The Barbarain for Bolden is kind of risky IMO because he's been injured 2 out of the last 4 years, but he's definitely a stud when healthy.

However, the biggest benefit to getting Bolden and/or Roy is the fact that we would be keeping them from Washington and/or Philly IMHO.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:09 PM   #8
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

if you would give up barber and a first for boldin, lets just say im glad you arent running the cowboys...
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:09 PM   #9
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
if you would give up barber and a first for boldin, lets just say im glad you arent running the cowboys...
Whatever man... Whatever... Wanna make a poll?
Old 04-27-2008, 02:11 PM   #10
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Whatever man... Whatever... Wanna make a poll?
you would give up a top 7 or so back for a borderline top 10 receiver... and throw in a number 1 pick??? no way man. barber for boldin i can understand. barber and a first for boldin and you need to be fired. right now.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:15 PM   #11
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
you would give up a top 7 or so back for a borderline top 10 receiver... and throw in a number 1 pick??? no way man. barber for boldin i can understand. barber and a first for boldin and you need to be fired. right now.
Barber has been a backup running back his entire career, never carried the full load, and you have him top 7 in the league? You love you some Cowboys huh...

Just stop now before I embarass you.

Do you want to play the following game:

I name you more than 7 guys I would take over Barber and you name me 10 guys you would take over Boldin?
Old 04-27-2008, 02:18 PM   #12
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Barber has been a backup running back his entire career, never carried the full load, and you have him top 7 in the league? You love you some Cowboys huh...

Just stop now before I embarass you.

Do you want to play the following game:

I name you more than 7 guys I would take over Barber and you name me 10 guys you would take over Boldin?
ill start

TO
Moss
Reggie Wayne
harrison
braylon edwards
torry holt
tj
larry fitzgerald
plaxico burress
steve smith
andre johnson

thats 11

Last edited by Five-ofan; 04-27-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:09 PM   #13
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Hillis or Rubin?
Old 04-27-2008, 02:12 PM   #14
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Wow... OLB?

wtf!
Old 04-27-2008, 02:15 PM   #15
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Wow... OLB?

wtf!
its the 6th round. were squarely in best player available time right now. i have no clue who that guy is so no opinion yet.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:25 PM   #16
Five-ofan
Guru

i havent even really pushed it yet. i could get to at least 15.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:29 PM   #17
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
i havent even really pushed it yet. i could get to at least 15.
So could I and you had your ranking top 7. Sad man. Dude has only proved he could run over tired players and wants LT money. So if we are going to lose him anyway why not get a top 6-8 WR in the league that can play for years.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:39 PM   #18
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
So could I and you had your ranking top 7. Sad man. Dude has only proved he could run over tired players and wants LT money. So if we are going to lose him anyway why not get a top 6-8 WR in the league that can play for years.
i wouldnt pay him lt money. and like i said id probably do it straight up. i wouldnt even dream of adding a first round pick. and boldin isnt a top 10 let alone top 6-8 wr.

add greg jennings to my list.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:27 PM   #19
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Sounds good... Here is my list:

LT
Peterson
Westbrook
Parker
Portis
McGahee
Gore
Jackson
Taylor
McFadden

There is 10 and there are several others that should be on the list but may never live up to their abilities, (such as Reggie Bush).

Oh, and Braylon Edwards gets you fired if you wouldn't make that trade straight up. Also, Harrison and Holt, based on futures, are bad decisions, (you don't see me including guys like J. Lewis or E. James do ya). Also, Andre Johnson? Just dumb dude. He has had a one hundred catch season and over 1400 yards. He is young and in 11 games last year he had 9 scores.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:36 PM   #20
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Sounds good... Here is my list:

LT
Peterson
Westbrook
Parker
Portis
McGahee
Gore
Jackson
Taylor
McFadden

There is 10 and there are several others that should be on the list but may never live up to their abilities, (such as Reggie Bush).

Oh, and Braylon Edwards gets you fired if you wouldn't make that trade straight up. Also, Harrison and Holt, based on futures, are bad decisions, (you don't see me including guys like J. Lewis or E. James do ya). Also, Andre Johnson? Just dumb dude. He has had a one hundred catch season and over 1400 yards. He is young and in 11 games last year he had 9 scores.
lt-agree
peterson-agree
westbrook-agree
parker-disagree dont like homerun hitters with a 4.1 ypc average. doesnt do alot for me
portis-hell no these days. 3.9 ypc? seriously
mcgahee-hell no. personally i think hes one of the most overrated backs in the league. mb3 has 2 less career tds than mcgahee. and mcgahee has a career 3.9 ypc
gore- dont want to gamble on those knees
jackson-no question whatsoever, i agree
taylor-agree though he has as many age and durability issues as anyone in the nfl
mcfadden-we really going to count a guy who has never played an nfl down and couldnt hold onto the ball in college?

if andre johnson had ever had anything resembling a qb or passing game hed be right there with to and moss for being known as the best receivers in the nfl.

id add brandon jacobs to your list of backs better than mb3 btw. and im planning on the next 3 years, and for 3 years id definitely take holt and probably harrison. as for james and lewis its a mute point since barber is better than both.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:45 PM   #21
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
lt-agree
peterson-agree
westbrook-agree
parker-disagree dont like homerun hitters with a 4.1 ypc average. doesnt do alot for me
portis-hell no these days. 3.9 ypc? seriously
mcgahee-hell no. personally i think hes one of the most overrated backs in the league. mb3 has 2 less career tds than mcgahee. and mcgahee has a career 3.9 ypc
gore- dont want to gamble on those knees
jackson-no question whatsoever, i agree
taylor-agree though he has as many age and durability issues as anyone in the nfl
mcfadden-we really going to count a guy who has never played an nfl down and couldnt hold onto the ball in college?

if andre johnson had ever had anything resembling a qb or passing game hed be right there with to and moss for being known as the best receivers in the nfl.

id add brandon jacobs to your list of backs better than mb3 btw. and im planning on the next 3 years, and for 3 years id definitely take holt and probably harrison. as for james and lewis its a mute point since barber is better than both.
Parker, Portis, and McGahee are all better than Barber. I love me some Barber but Goddamn do you overrate his ass. He got all of his carries against guys that had played 2-4 series while he was fresh as a new born babies ass. Sure he averaged more per carry doing that, who wouldn't in that scenario. Gore is a gamble, but damn is he good when healthy and you know it. So you wouldn't have traded MB3 straight up to draft McFadden if it would have been accepted? You damn right I am counting him.

Don't you think that Boldin would be amazing too if you put him with Brady? Do you think Arizona has put many QBs in the hall of fame? Come on man.

Look, I love Barber for what he brings to the table. He is a change of pace back and a hell of a competitor. With that said, he is NOT a top 10 back. Maybe he proves to be next year, but right now that is just ridiculous, regardless of any bull shit pro bowl vote. Boldin is a damn stud and I would love to have him on the team when you look at our needs. That is why I would make the trade. Needs. We NEED a young stud WR and don't at RB with these two guys drafted. They are calling Barber and F. Jones already Thunder and Lighting. Just plug Choice in there for the Thunder and Get your new lightning with Boldin if you ask me.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:55 PM   #22
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Parker, Portis, and McGahee are all better than Barber. I love me some Barber but Goddamn do you overrate his ass. He got all of his carries against guys that had played 2-4 series while he was fresh as a new born babies ass. Sure he averaged more per carry doing that, who wouldn't in that scenario. Gore is a gamble, but damn is he good when healthy and you know it. So you wouldn't have traded MB3 straight up to draft McFadden if it would have been accepted? You damn right I am counting him.

Don't you think that Boldin would be amazing too if you put him with Brady? Do you think Arizona has put many QBs in the hall of fame? Come on man.

Look, I love Barber for what he brings to the table. He is a change of pace back and a hell of a competitor. With that said, he is NOT a top 10 back. Maybe he proves to be next year, but right now that is just ridiculous, regardless of any bull shit pro bowl vote. Boldin is a damn stud and I would love to have him on the team when you look at our needs. That is why I would make the trade. Needs. We NEED a young stud WR and don't at RB with these two guys drafted. They are calling Barber and F. Jones already Thunder and Lighting. Just plug Choice in there for the Thunder and Get your new lightning with Boldin if you ask me.
i already said id probably do it one for one. the problem i had is you said youd throw in a first which is just incredibly stupid. i agree about the pro bowl voting. i ignore it when i tell you how much roy williams sucks, so it would be hypocritical to use it now that it supports my argument. what the hell are you talking about when you mention brady? are you seriously saying youd take him over moss? and mb3 had a great game against one of the best front 7s in the business as the starter in the playoffs. he can play. mcgahee just isnt very good. and no i wouldnt have done the mcfadden trade straight up. i know im the only one but i wouldnt have. gore was amazing when norv turner was his offensive coordinator. just like every rb that has ever had norv as a coordinator was. see lamont jordan. portis doesnt do anything for me these days. i used to love him, but he has become injury prone and im not sure they wouldnt be better off benching him for betts. parker is a question of styles. id rather my number one back be the all around/between the tackles guy and my change of pace guy be the speed guy instead of reversing those roles.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:01 PM   #23
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
i already said id probably do it one for one. the problem i had is you said youd throw in a first which is just incredibly stupid. i agree about the pro bowl voting. i ignore it when i tell you how much roy williams sucks, so it would be hypocritical to use it now that it supports my argument. what the hell are you talking about when you mention brady? are you seriously saying youd take him over moss? and mb3 had a great game against one of the best front 7s in the business as the starter in the playoffs. he can play. mcgahee just isnt very good. and no i wouldnt have done the mcfadden trade straight up. i know im the only one but i wouldnt have. gore was amazing when norv turner was his offensive coordinator. just like every rb that has ever had norv as a coordinator was. see lamont jordan. portis doesnt do anything for me these days. i used to love him, but he has become injury prone and im not sure they wouldnt be better off benching him for betts. parker is a question of styles. id rather my number one back be the all around/between the tackles guy and my change of pace guy be the speed guy instead of reversing those roles.
But that is what I mean... Doing it 1 for 1 is a RIDICULOUS yes for this team. CRAZY! You would HAVE to give them the 1 or at LEAST a 2 to make them bite. Again, with this team and our pass mentality I would take my chances with a Choice/Jones RB tandem and TO/Boldin before I would with Barber/Jones/Choice at RB and TO/Crayton at WR, even if it meant losing the LAST first round pick in the draft while having a 2nd, two 3rds, and two 4ths next year.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:36 PM   #24
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Braylon Edwards had nearly 1300 yards and 16 scores last year. Andre Johnson averaged about 95 yards a game and nearly one score a game. Both of them had better years than Boldin last year in my book.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:37 PM   #25
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

The Cowboys draft this year has caused me to poke a hole in my ceiling.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:38 PM   #26
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Of course they did. Boldin played 11 games. Edwards had that year because of the way Cleveland played. Put Boldin on that Cleveland team last year and he has even better numbers if he played a full season. Look at past years before they went air crazy in Ohio.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:40 PM   #27
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Of course they did. Boldin played 11 games. Edwards had that year because of the way Cleveland played. Put Boldin on that Cleveland team last year and he has even better numbers if he played a full season. Look at past years before they went air crazy in Ohio.
boldin has played in that system his whole career. and hes never had to be the number 1 option. and boldin played 3 more games than johnson last year.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 04-27-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:41 PM   #28
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Barber's not going anywhere...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:42 PM   #29
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

If the Cowboys were going to trade Barber they would've taken Mendenhall instead of Felix Jones. That seems fairly obvious based on Jerry's comments during the press conference yesterday.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 04-27-2008 at 02:42 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:44 PM   #30
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
If the Cowboys were going to trade Barber they would've taken Mendenhall instead of Felix Jones. That seems fairly obvious based on Jerry's comments during the press conference yesterday.
i agree with this. im just saying i think dan was VASTLY underestimating one of the cowboys assets when he talked about trading barber and a first for boldin.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:49 PM   #31
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
i agree with this. im just saying i think dan was VASTLY underestimating one of the cowboys assets when he talked about trading barber and a first for boldin.
I don't at all. I absolutely don't. I think so many, (oh my god so many), vastly OVERRATE him. Hopefully I am wrong and hopefully he becomes a 1,500 yard back while still maintaining that amazing ypc he has. If so, pay the man his money. In the end, I think he is a part time back that thrives in that roll and he could never carry the load like so many on that list I provided while keeping that ypc average so high.

I guess we will all see though because this is all speculation. I just think with our team another stud WR joined with Jones and Choice would make us better than keeping Barber and starting TO and Crayton.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:45 PM   #32
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
If Dallas was going to trade Barber, McFadden would be wearing a Cowboys jersey...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:46 PM   #33
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

How many running backs made it to the Pro Bowl last year?

I noticed one of them was named "Barber"...

Old 04-27-2008, 02:50 PM   #34
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
How many running backs made it to the Pro Bowl last year?

I noticed one of them was named "Barber"...
I KNEW someone was going to throw this out... Hahahaha... So did Roy Fucking Williams. Now go hide under your desk and slap yourself 10 good times.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 04-27-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:52 PM   #35
Underdog

Quote:
I KNEW someone was going to throw this out... Hahahaha... So did Roy Fucking Williams. Now go hide under your desk and slap yourself 10 good times.
You knew someone would throw that out there because it's the only rational way to measure "talent" - it's not like anyone owed a backup RB a slot on the Pro Bowl squad...

Roy Williams slid in because he happens to play a weak position in the league - there's no shortage of talented running backs...

Last edited by Underdog; 04-27-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:53 PM   #36
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
You knew someone would throw that out there because it's the only rational way to measure "talent" - it's not like anyone owed a backup RB a slot on the Pro Bowl squad...

Roy Williams slid in because he happens to play a weak position in the league - there's no shortage of talented running backs...
Yeah, thats it. And the other 11 COWBOYS players all deserved to go, right.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:54 PM   #37
Underdog

Quote:
Actually, yes...

Old 04-27-2008, 08:01 PM   #38
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Whoa. Other than Roy, what Cowboy didn't deserve to make it last season? I don't think he was snubbed but I thought Bradie James was one of the best players on this team last season and he didn't make it.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:52 PM   #39
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Yeah, I would welcome Johnson, but I kind of agree. He is scary with TO.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:54 PM   #40
JamesVE

JamesVE has a spectacular aura aboutJamesVE has a spectacular aura aboutJamesVE has a spectacular aura about

Have I missed a newsflash somewhere? When/where did Barber demand or indicate that he would demand LT money?