Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 12-10-2008, 02:24 PM   #1
jefelump

jefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
I'm always hearing about police departments taking guns off the streets. You bring a gun, and they'll give you something spiffy, like a $ 100 gift certificate.
I saw an article several days ago about Los Angeles doing that. Given it's California, I'm not surprised. It's based on the thought process that "less guns on the streets means less violent crime." But how do you reconcile that cities like Chicago, which have very strict gun control laws (complete ban on hand guns) have the highest crime rates?

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

'Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,'
--Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .
jefelump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:50 PM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefelump View Post
I saw an article several days ago about Los Angeles doing that. Given it's California, I'm not surprised. It's based on the thought process that "less guns on the streets means less violent crime." But how do you reconcile that cities like Chicago, which have very strict gun control laws (complete ban on hand guns) have the highest crime rates?
Simple thought process for simple people.

No guns -- I can use my strength to overpower and control.
No guns -- except mine -- I own your a$$.

Why do you think our police carry them? Because why risk your life all the time, without a way to defend it, for next to nothing in pay.

Locks keep honest men honest, and guns keep tempers slower to boil -- although when they do it is usually more deadly.

If I am a crook, I'd want to be in an area without guns because I would be much less likely to get harmed.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freaky voodoo > guns, guns