Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-26-2001, 10:38 AM   #1
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

``I'm packing for one night,'' Russell said. ``I'm going down there to win. I'm not thinking about staying for three days.''

LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2001, 10:52 AM   #2
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I read that. That's really irritating, I hope the Mavs give him a reason to go shopping. Malone is playing it safe by saying things like it's going to be a 'dogfight', 'a war' etc...But, I get the feeling he's really laughing at us.

I don't remember someone being so cocky since Mario Ellie was with Houston. Remember when he would hit a 3 and he would blow a kiss to the bench. Ohhh, that also made me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2001, 10:56 AM   #3
LAM0015
Banned

Malone is very..very cocky right now..and he has some reasons to be. but the mavs have to make a series of it or it'll be the same going into next years playoffs...if they get swept 0-3...do they have as much confidence next year going into the playoffs?...maybe so, because they do seem to be a confident group...but, maybe not..
Old 04-26-2001, 11:01 AM   #4
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Im not sure how the Mavs are suppose to come out of this with confidence--not with all the fouls/flagrant fouls/technicals being called out there.

Old 04-26-2001, 11:17 AM   #5
dallaslaker

dallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura about

I don't see how Russel's comment can be taken as an insult. Hell, I would only pack for one night also and keep it in my mind that I refuse to lose.

On the calls... We all know there are are bad calls. However, looking at the number of fouls in Game 2, at least it was relatively even. Again, we could have had the game at end.

IMO, the biggest difference we need to make from now until the day Dirk retires is to be ready to play for 48 minutes. Not just the last 12 or 24. We are turning into a second half team that gets stomped the first, then is FORCED to play awesome in the second. This is not good. You look at all the great team, most recently the Bulls with MJ and Pippen. They jump on you from the start and crush you and do not let up until the buzzer sounds. This is the killer instinct that we need to develop ASAP!!
dallaslaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 11:28 AM   #6
MavsFanFinley
Guru

I still find the comment insulting...

Your right though, not enough guys are playing the full 48 minutes. What concerns me is no one is even trying to rebound the ball unless it's bounced towards them. No one is even chasing the loose balls down--the Jazz are all over it. I know we were never a good rebounding team but they weren't this pathetic in the regular season, just standing around watching. Let's hope--again--something changes in game 3.
Old 04-26-2001, 11:39 AM   #7
LAM0015
Banned

Well, i don't find it insulting..personally, i think that that's how you have to think..that you're going to win every game.
but, if i were a mavs player..i should would love to shove the cockiness right back up his ass.

yes, the mavs do have to play 48 minutes....they have to get dirk and fin started early
Old 04-26-2001, 04:48 PM   #8
ReggieThetaChi

ReggieThetaChi is on a distinguished road

Russell just gave the Mavericks the one thing you don't want to: Bulletin Board Material. I remember one series in particular. 1995, Houston VS Phoenix in the Western Semis. Westphal had been quoted in the local newspaper of saying that the Suns schedule went like this: Arrive at AWA at 11, play at 2, pack for san antonio and leave tommorow morning. What happened? Phoenix lost.
That is what bulletin board material will do. Hopefully, it will piss off the team enough to want to deliever the ass-kicking Utah so rightly deserves.
Old 04-26-2001, 05:14 PM   #9
Mavs_Whiner

Mavs_Whiner is on a distinguished road

You had better hope that the new "bulletin board material" can suit up and rebound. Because Juwan can't! Maybe you can put the bulletin board on your oh-so comfortable bench and sit Eisley and Bradley in the locker room with quotations scrawled across their foreheads..... But please... leave Booth out there, I love those great camera angles of him with his mouth agape like he cant wait to get off the floor and back to his fluffy cuban towels.
Mavs_Whiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 05:36 PM   #10
LAM0015
Banned

good point about juwan not being able to rebound
Old 04-27-2001, 01:59 AM   #11
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Umm I'd just like to say I don't like the Jazz
Old 04-27-2001, 12:28 PM   #12
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Mavs_Whiner, please leave this board. Your smack talk has grown tiresome.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2001, 12:42 PM   #13
LAM0015
Banned

mavs_whiner, you are a bit over the top.
if you had some constructive valid sports opinions, i wouldn't mind you.
but..you're a bit over the top.
be a little more constructive with your hatred.
throw some more facts and stats with your verbal abuses and then maybe you'd be ok...
Old 04-29-2001, 12:17 AM   #14
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

I agree LAMO...Mavs_Whiner just throws around stupid insults that he doesn't back up. It's not that he has different opinions, it's that his opinions are rediculios and childish.