Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-18-2003, 05:06 PM   #1
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

i would probably say Nick Van Exel, or Brian Skinner. And if he didn't get injured, it definitely would have said Marcus Fizer.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2003, 05:10 PM   #2
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Desmond Mason needs to be put on that list as well.

14.2 pts a game
6.5 rbs a game

Either way I still choose Nick the Quick.

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 05:14 PM   #3
centrlpark08

centrlpark08 is on a distinguished road

Bobby Jackson.
Old 02-18-2003, 05:18 PM   #4
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Where's BoJax? Where's Corliss Williamson? Michael Redd?
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 05:19 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

redd should be up there before nve
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 05:44 PM   #6
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< Where's BoJax? Where's Corliss Williamson? Michael Redd? >>

TD I'm with you. The poll is flawed for leaving off some of the better choices.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:28 PM   #7
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

some of these people (Bobby Jackson, Desmond Mason, and Michael Redd) should not be considered for a number of reason. One, Both Redd and Mason have started just as much games as they didn't. And Bobby Jackson has missed a significant amount of games.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 02-18-2003, 07:31 PM   #8
Nash13
Diamond Member

The 6th man of the yr, once i think about it, is Earl Boykins. When Arenas was out, he stepped up. Plus he averages more minutes than the starting guard

~The Salesman
Old 02-18-2003, 09:55 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

nash13, redd is currently elgible to be 6th man of the year by nba standards..

do you have a different set of standards? if so, please let us know what they are
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 10:27 AM   #10
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

He follows the NBA (Nash13 Basketball Assoc.) standards. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2003, 10:45 AM   #11
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Since SS hasn't appeared so far, I have to do this:

EDUARDO N&Aacute;JERA.
Old 02-19-2003, 10:50 AM   #12
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Chiwas Whazzup? I thought you were pushing Eddie for MVP. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2003, 11:57 AM   #13
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

<< Chiwas Whazzup? I thought you were pushing Eddie for MVP. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] >>

With the Nelson' system, N&aacute;jera can win both categories. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Besides, where is SS that isn't defending Eddie? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2003, 12:31 PM   #14
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Keon Clark, he spells Vlade and has filled in for Webber nicely. The guy put up 17 points and 7 boards against Dallas. And had the game winning put back.

If only the mavs would have done it.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 12:43 PM   #15
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

<< Keon Clark, he spells Vlade and has filled in for Webber nicely. The guy put up 17 points and 7 boards against Dallas. And had the game winning put back.

If only the mavs would have done it.
>>

Gawwwdd!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2003, 02:31 PM   #16
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Kobe. Because everybody in the media insists on giving him every other award. I don't see why we shouldn't give him this one too.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 03:00 PM   #17
LRB
Guru

<< Kobe. Because everybody in the media insists on giving him every other award. I don't see why we shouldn't give him this one too. >>

Dooby Kobe is up for MIP, Most Injured Player, but the voting will be done by SAG, Screen Actors Guild. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2003, 03:05 PM   #18
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

We got Drama

&quot;You can't handle the truth!&quot;
&quot;Hellloooooo Clariceee.&quot;
&quot;Luke, I'm your father.&quot;
&quot;You want a match? How about your ass and my face?&quot;
Old 02-19-2003, 03:09 PM   #19
FlyinGK22

FlyinGK22 is on a distinguished road

Earl Boykins baby! Probably the one and only NBA player that I'm taller than!
Rank: #1 in Midwest Division, #1 in Western Conference, #1 in the NBA

Next game: Sun, Feb 23 @ Wizards
FlyinGK22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 03:26 PM   #20
Nash13
Diamond Member

<< He follows the NBA (Nash13 Basketball Assoc.) standards. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] >>

Darn Skippy.

And Murph, you're right about redd. But do you think he's better than Earl Boykins?

~The Salesman
Old 02-19-2003, 03:53 PM   #21
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I think people just like to say &quot;Boykins.&quot;
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 01:44 AM   #22
LRB
Guru

And they like to root for the little dog. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2003, 06:23 PM   #23
FlyinGK22

FlyinGK22 is on a distinguished road

hey theres no problem with that now is there?
Rank: #1 in Midwest Division, #1 in Western Conference, #1 in the NBA

Next game: Sun, Feb 23 @ Wizards
FlyinGK22 is offline   Reply With Quote