Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-22-2005, 02:49 PM   #1
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all
Default Paul Pierce Available?

Imagine Paul Pierce and Dirk. Would this be enough to be better than Duncan and Ginobli, T-Mac and Yao, Nash and Amare???

From LA Times:

"… Ainge is expected to offer Walker, a free agent, something like $7 million a year and doesn't care if he leaves. However, starting a youth movement with no immediate title prospects, insiders say the organization is also open to what was once unthinkable — trading Pierce…."

"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2005, 03:57 PM   #2
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future
Default RE: Paul Pierce Available?

is it wrong to have a general mistrust of anybody coming from the east?
Old 05-22-2005, 05:52 PM   #3
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Paul Pierce Available?

People keep reporting that he is available, but Ainge keeps denying it. He could be a great acquisition, but I'd rather stay the course myself. If they want youth we'd probably have to give up Devin, and I think he could be key to our future.
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 12:04 AM   #4
Stew3636

Stew3636 is on a distinguished road

jason terry, marquis daniels, other player/draft pick for Paul Pierce. Then sign Gary Payton to the part of or all of the MLE. I wouldn't be opposed to that.
Stew3636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 12:20 AM   #5
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

I would. Gary Payton is worthless to us, and him eating the 5 million that could be spent on a frontcourt player would be a catastrophe
Old 05-23-2005, 12:53 AM   #6
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Paul Pierce and Dirk would be an exciting duo. Pierce is a fearless player and wants to take the last shot.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 01:09 AM   #7
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Pierce (unlike Walker) is legit, but I have a hard time imagining that a deal could be found that would be satisfactory to both teams.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:19 AM   #8
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Pierce is a great player, but he seems to suffer every now and then from the same problem that haunted Vince and T-Mac (remembering his play pre-'Toine this season). While he wouldn't be the first option on this team, I just have a bad feeling about guys who seem to disappear during parts of the season.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 05:46 PM   #9
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

But when he disappeared then it would be time for Dirk to step up.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:46 PM   #10
bcrav4
Golden Member

But when he disappeared then it would be time for Dirk to step up.