Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-06-2008, 07:43 PM   #481
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Watching the highlights to that game was just what I needed to finally get a little fired up for the playoffs. That's the kind of response you want to all the injuries & illnesses, getting down early & getting challenged physically. Maybe that's exactly what this team needed too.

Gut check time. Bring on the Duckies!
Old 04-06-2008, 08:00 PM   #482
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

There were 160 penalty minutes. That's a lot. Most of them were in the first period. I don't know why, but both teams just came out really really nasty.

There were more fights and scrums than I can remember, most of which ended wth a couple of misconduct penalties.

The best part was this: During a couple of the scrums at the end of the first, and beginning on the second, Turco picked up the puck and sent it down to the other end while the fighting was going on. Nabakov (or Boucher, can't remember which) would pick up the puck and then send it down to Turco again.

At one point the two goalies had made 2 or 3 passes each down the ice. It was really funny, and I wasn't quite sure why they were doing it.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:46 PM   #483
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Pens/Senators

Devils/Rangers

Those look fun.

I don't really see any of the top 4 in the West getting challenged too much. The Stars might have the best chance of any of the bottom 4...and that's probably stretching it.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:10 PM   #484
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Mo on fox.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:12 PM   #485
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

What'd he say?

When in the hell are they going to release the damn schedule? It's freaking late already.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:16 PM   #486
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

And right on cue:

Quote:
The Dallas Stars will open their first-round series with the Duck at 9 p.m. CDT in Anaheim:

Ducks vs. Stars (All times Central)
Game 1: 9 p.m. Thursday at Anaheim
Game 2: 9 p.m. Saturday at Anaheim
Game 3: 7:30 p.m. Tues. April 15 at Dallas
Game 4: 7 p.m. Thurs. April 17 at Dallas
Game 5: 9:30 p.m. Fri. April 18 at Anaheim
Game 6: Time TBD Sun. April 20 at Dallas
Game 7: Time TBD Tue. April 22 at Anaheim

Games 5-7 will be played if necessary
edit: Damn. I didn't realize there's a back to back in there...and the second game's at Anaheim. That's got end-of-series written all over it, doesn't it?

Last edited by Flacolaco; 04-07-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:04 PM   #487
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
What'd he say?

When in the hell are they going to release the damn schedule? It's freaking late already.
he was just talkin about tough the anaheim guys are and how much he loves his wife pretty much. nothing too substantial.

oh and how he picked UNC to win it all....
Old 04-06-2008, 11:07 PM   #488
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

snore.

He should be worrying about Nediermeyer/Pronger vs. Fistric/Niskannen....lol

We're going to get steamrolled.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #489
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

This is freaking great:

Ott realizing who he had just pissed off. OH SH!$!!!!

Thornton got to go sit down for 10+ minutes after that though. He must've said something naughty.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:59 AM   #490
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

TV schedule released:

Quote:
The Stars have announced their local TV schedule for the Anaheim series.

Game Date Location Time Local TV
1 Thursday, April 10 Dallas at Anaheim 9:00 pm FSN-SW
2 Saturday, April 12 Dallas at Anaheim 9:00 pm My27 (kdfi)

3 Tuesday, April 15 Anaheim at Dallas 7:30 pm FSN-SW
4 Thursday, April 17 Anaheim at Dallas 7:00 pm My27 (kdfi)
5* Friday, April 18 Dallas at Anaheim 9:30 pm My27 (kdfi)
6* Sunday, April 20 Anaheim at Dallas TBD FSN-SW
7* Tuesday, April 22 Dallas at Anaheim TBD FSN-SW

* -- If Necessary

I'm checking on HD availability.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:35 PM   #491
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
This is freaking great:

Thornton got to go sit down for 10+ minutes after that though. He must've said something naughty.
Naw, that's all part of Ott's game. He'll take the free punches, but they get the penalty. That's the genious of it
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:42 PM   #492
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
This is freaking great:

steve ott fears no one.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:37 PM   #493
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

we are going to destroy the ducks. All we need to do is have winchester or one of our other spares go right for selannes knee. Also pronger stomping one of our guys might help to. But really I see this thing going the distance with a modano overtime goal in 7 to leave the anaheim fans speechless and confused.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:16 PM   #494
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I do believe I am once again stuck without the games in Dallas b/c they aren't on Versus. I cannot tell you how angry this makes me. I really don't care if they have 8 series to broadcast, what is the point of being on a network nobody cares about if you can't even get all your playoff games on national TV? If you're NOT going to show games 3,4,6 or 7, you might as be not showing them on ESPN.

PS: Love, LOVE your sig, Flaco.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:28 PM   #495
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

ames, I don't know where you stand on the ethics side of it, but I would heavily consider some sort of p2p network of it, or even sopcast.com for the games.

There are always alternatives. I haven't had to try them myself, but I know they're out there.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:44 PM   #496
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

THis Sharks/Flames game is freaking great so far. Go Flames!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 11:17 PM   #497
ames7
Diamond Member

Flaco...good idea. I have SopCast, I'll probably do that. I'm not just a huge fan of using it, but hey. This is the playoffs we're talking about.

Keep the foot on the pedal, Flames. Things are not looking too hot for the Sens, my second favorite team. I think I'm going for Washington in the East if the Sens drop off the grid.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:20 PM   #498
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yeah, the Pens looked freaking awesome tonight, sorry ames.

The Flames have punched the Sharks in the mouth thus far. Good stuff.

The Avs won on the road as well.

I don't know if all of these lower seeds can win, but it sure is good to see them extend the series that much longer.

I love the first round so much. So much action ever night. It's pure gold.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:37 PM   #499
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flames win!!!

What a great freaking hockey game

That is sports drama at its highest right there
Old 04-10-2008, 12:01 AM   #500
mkat
Platinum Member

wish i could see some of these games...
Old 04-10-2008, 12:15 AM   #501
richard_

richard_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ames7
Flaco...good idea. I have SopCast, I'll probably do that. I'm not just a huge fan of using it, but hey. This is the playoffs we're talking about.

Keep the foot on the pedal, Flames. Things are not looking too hot for the Sens, my second favorite team. I think I'm going for Washington in the East if the Sens drop off the grid.

theres great quality non sopcast streams for games on versus, ill post it here tommorow
richard_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:30 AM   #502
ames7
Diamond Member

Would appreciate any help w/that, of course. Thanks.

Hey! Happy Game 1 Day.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:20 AM   #503
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard_
theres great quality non sopcast streams for games on versus, ill post it here tommorow
Yes I would be interested to see that just for fun.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:40 AM   #504
richard_

richard_ will become famous soon enough

hehe this was my setup last night for min/col and sj/cal

Last edited by richard_; 04-10-2008 at 11:41 AM.
richard_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:54 PM   #505
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

6 hours....

I was real excited Monday-Wednesday, but boy...I am dreading this big time now.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:42 PM   #506
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

may the force be with us.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:58 PM   #507
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Corey Perry (Ducks leading scorer) will return for game 3 or 4.

Joy.

To quote bender... "We're boned"
Old 04-10-2008, 09:10 PM   #508
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesbrynt
may the force be with us.
..all of us.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:18 PM   #509
ames7
Diamond Member

Really physical early on...we have to match them & be the aggressor also. Otter & Morrow up for the challenge.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:20 PM   #510
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Some freaking terrible ice.

You get a feed ames?

I got the HD up and running
Old 04-10-2008, 09:21 PM   #511
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

And the Stars sit in the box....what do I keep on saying????

Gotta stay out of the box you freaking idiots.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:24 PM   #512
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

this has been a ridiculously physical game so far.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #513
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Another reason why the Ducks are better than us, is the way they attack upon getting possession of the puck. They don't pause to look up and see what's going on, they just get the puck and their legs start moving like crazy.

We always stop to have a look around before we start the rush. I hate that.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 04-10-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:31 PM   #514
ames7
Diamond Member

The Anaheim games are on Versus (except for Game 7 if it comes to that, b/c it's not like we need to show a irrelevant game like that on national TV or anything). Marty looks GREAT so far. Come ON PP!
Old 04-10-2008, 09:33 PM   #515
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL
Old 04-10-2008, 09:34 PM   #516
ames7
Diamond Member

Hahaha, right after I get done saying I miss Zubie in the Andrews chatroom, Robi puts it in!
Old 04-10-2008, 09:39 PM   #517
ames7
Diamond Member

I'd love one of those "Lock It Down" t-shirts.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:41 PM   #518
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

glad we scored first but no way should that have gone in
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:43 PM   #519
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
Another reason why the Ducks are better than us
c'mon man. who cares? we're up 1-0 right now. let's just wait til the end of the series to see who's the better team, mkay?

make that 2-0.

Last edited by mkat; 04-10-2008 at 09:43 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:44 PM   #520
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL