Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-14-2003, 10:10 PM   #1
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of
Default Who Do You Go With: Chad or Quincy?

Alright...at this point in training camp, who would you rather see run the Offense?

Me? Chuch!
Old 08-14-2003, 10:26 PM   #2
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough

Romo
Old 08-14-2003, 10:27 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Hutch, but only because he is the best of the worst.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 10:38 PM   #4
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

How did that dude make it through school with that last name? He must be a badass.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:43 PM   #5
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Default RE: Who Do You Go With: Chad or Quincy?

if the line continues to suck it up, you have to go with Quincy. Hutch just isn't ready for constant pressure. He has the worst pocket pressence i've ever seen.

I hope romo looks good tomorrow. He did alright last week, but looked antsy. I hope he settles down, and turns this into a 3 horse race.
He actually looked like a "player". Moving around and not looking like he was thinking everything out. IMO that's Carter's #1 problem, is that he looks like he is playing with caution. Now Hutch, i don't think he looks like a football player at all. He can throw the ball, but that's about it. He lacks every other aspect of the game.

so in other words
??????????
who knows. I guess Quincy. He looked like he was developing last year, until Coslet yanked him after one TERRIBLE game. every QB has bad days, espicially young ones.

which means whoever Dallas goes with, they'll have some bad days this year, becuase all the QB's are young.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:44 PM   #6
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

Me Caretaker like Ray Lucas, backed up by Romo and Chad. Cut Quincy and Clint
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 10:57 PM   #7
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I cut Hutch because he is a horrible football player. His weaknesses he has in baseball are the same as the ones who has in football. He isn't the future and never will be. I Cut him becuase his contract is horrendous. I let Carter start the 16 games and take my top 4 pick next season and draft a lineman or a qb. The hell with Ray Lucas and Hutch. Theres a reason why Ray Lucas has no job. There's no reason why to how Hutch has one.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 10:58 PM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Hutch, but only because he is the best of the worst.

And he showed you this last season correct? That 2-4 record was priceless.

1996-2005
Old 08-14-2003, 11:02 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

FFM- you always come to the rescue of poor Qspare as if it is personally offensive to you. Very odd. Many of us just think Hutch's potential is better than Qtard that's all. They both suck eggs though.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:05 PM   #10
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

doc, you're the same way with Hutch.
and i'm the same way with Carter.

even though they suck, we all pick a favorite, and hope he wins.
But pretty soon, we will have no one to favor, if they keep up their shitty play.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:22 PM   #11
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
FFM- you always come to the rescue of poor Qspare as if it is personally offensive to you. Very odd. Many of us just think Hutch's potential is better than Qtard that's all. They both suck eggs though.

Me coming to rescue for Carter is no different than you giving Carter a nickname which I don't know if you find them amusing or you just do it to upset people. I go to rescue for the qb who has showed me something. Potential is squat in sports. Ryan Leaf had potential. More potential than Peyton Manning. Where has potential got him? Its not about potential at all. Like Just said, everyone has a favorite. I just take up for a guy who is making pee wee league mistakes. Its useless. He has been out of football too long.

1996-2005
Old 08-14-2003, 11:26 PM   #12
Drbio
Banned

Qbust and Csucks should both be out of football soon. I seriously doubt either will be playing in 2 years.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:49 PM   #13
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Carter sucks. Chad has a chance to >not< suck but its LIKELY that he will suck as much as Carter.

I just hope that Tuna cuts however is not chosen as the starter.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 12:03 AM   #14
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: MFFL
Carter sucks. Chad has a chance to >not< suck but its LIKELY that he will suck as much as Carter.

I just hope that Tuna cuts however is not chosen as the starter.
Thats just odd to me. How does Hutch have a chance to not suck? Its just beyond me how people think Hutch will actually be a good player in this league. Is it his so called "tight spirals" that are non existent now? I didn't think it was possible but Hutch and maybe even Quincy are even more horrible than they were last year.

1996-2005
Old 08-15-2003, 12:14 AM   #15
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Hutch has a small chance to not suck because he has a cannon for an arm. He probably WILL suck because he turns the ball over too much.

Neither qb has much football smarts.
Old 08-15-2003, 12:28 AM   #16
Just211
Platinum Member

true MFFL, that's the cowboys problem. they have two young QB's who should have probably been 3rd stringers for at least 2 years. Neither played enough QB to be natural at the postion. THat's what i miss when i watch them. Neither seems comfortable. That's why Romo excited me. he did do too much, but he looked like he belonged in the pocket. I wouldn't mind this guy being the starter before the seasons over. Not opening day, but if Carter and Hutch continue to NOT impress anyone, then they should throw him in there, and see what happens.
Old 08-15-2003, 12:37 AM   #17
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Just211
then they should throw him in there, and see what happens.
ARGH!

NO!

That's what ruined BOTH Carter and Hutch. Make Romo sit the ENTIRE season and learn. Throwing him to the wolves will ruin him.
Old 08-15-2003, 12:41 AM   #18
Just211
Platinum Member

i mean for like the last 2 or 3 games, if it turns into a true throw away season. No pressure, it won't hurt him at all. By no means do i mean tag him the "new" starter, but if carter and hutch take turns sucking monkey dick, and Dallas is 2-11, then i see no reason not to give him some PT.
Old 08-15-2003, 01:14 AM   #19
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

They both really, really suck, but if I had to pick, I would inclined to say Quincy b/c he can occassionally run himself out of trouble. Neither of them are particularly good at being quarterbacks.
Old 08-15-2003, 01:22 AM   #20
NYCdog

NYCdog will become famous soon enoughNYCdog will become famous soon enough

Neither

I say you guys should loose every game ON PURPOSE just so you can get the top pick in next year's draft.

"With the first pick in the 2004 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select.................Eli Manning!"

That could help you out in the future. Cuz EVERYONE on this board knows all of your current QB's dont have a future in this league.

If you had the top pick in next year's draft, who would you select?
Old 08-15-2003, 01:56 AM   #21
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: NYCdog
Neither

I say you guys should loose every game ON PURPOSE just so you can get the top pick in next year's draft.

"With the first pick in the 2004 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select.................Eli Manning!"

That could help you out in the future. Cuz EVERYONE on this board knows all of your current QB's dont have a future in this league.

If you had the top pick in next year's draft, who would you select?
I Was hoping to sign a free agent qb. Right now i'm not in the mood to see anymore young qbs coming to the Cowboys. I want to see a lineman drafted or a running back. Without lineman you have no running game. Without any running game you have no qb play. I say you draft a lineman. One who is projected to be a lottery of course. You maybe can fix that need in the 2nd round. You don't need a star qb in this league anymore. You need stars at every other position. Guys like Brad Johnson and Vinny Testervarde will come along in the free agency pools.

1996-2005
Old 08-15-2003, 08:02 AM   #22
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I'll lose every game this year if it means turning this thing around. That is why I am generally against a vet backup QB that has no future on this roster. I keep saying it-none of these QBs will be any good. Pick the one whose contract makes it easier to dump 'em all next year. It is that simple.

John Elway couldn't win 10 games with this team.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. ā€“ Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 08:40 AM   #23
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Before you go bagging on Hutch too much, remember that he had a higher QB rating than all the blue chip rookies Jlike David Carr, Joey Harrington, Josh McCown , etc...

He hadn't played football in what? Four years? The Cowboys knew he was a prospect when they signed him. We weren't looking for him to play at all last year, and probably not at all this year either. Unfortunately, Quincy sucked so bad last year that we had to force him into action. All things considered, he didn't look too bad. When you can come in after four years out of football to a team an offensive line as bad as the Cowboys and still have a better year than all the guys picked in the first round, I think that says a lot about your potential. When you rebuild around a rookie quarterback, it's insane to expect big results the first year. When you build around a rookie quarterback who hasn't played football in four years, you need to be even more patient. I don't think the Texans will be cutting Carr this summer. I don't think the Cowboys are giving up on Hutch. The guy who should be worried is Quincy. It doesn't make sense to groom two young quarterbacks. Whether it's fair or not, Quincy has lost that role on this team. He is not the future. He's just another failed third year QB.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 08:47 AM   #24
German7Footer

German7Footer is on a distinguished road

My vote is for Chad. I think he is a better fit for this team. Maybe it is because I always have preferred that style of play as opposed to one that scrambles around. Although Michael Vick sure is appealing. But Carter is no Vick. At any rate I would go with Hutch and hope Romo develops.
Old 08-15-2003, 08:53 AM   #25
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

A mobile quarterback would be great. But you have to be a quarterback first before you are a mobile quarterback. The job of a QB is to run an offense and deliver the ball to the receivers. If he can get out of the pocket and turn a bad situation into a good one, that's a bonus.. but we shouldn't forget what the QB's primary function is. Quincy has shown absolutely no ability to make good passes and his decision making is atrocious. I think we are putting to much emphasis on his running ability, which isn't that great to begin with.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 09:08 AM   #26
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
Before you go bagging on Hutch too much, remember that he had a higher QB rating than all the blue chip rookies Jlike David Carr, Joey Harrington, Josh McCown , etc...
And if QB rating took fumbles, sacks or lack of mobility into account, Chutch would be dead last. Otherwise, I might be interested in this fact. Not that these problems are entirely his fault, But Chutch has fumble-itis and holds onto the ball too damn long. Can these faults be coached out of him? Maybe.

Quote:
He hadn't played football in what? Four years? The Cowboys knew he was a prospect when they signed him. We weren't looking for him to play at all last year, and probably not at all this year either. Unfortunately, Quincy sucked so bad last year that we had to force him into action. All things considered, he didn't look too bad. When you can come in after four years out of football to a team an offensive line as bad as the Cowboys and still have a better year than all the guys picked in the first round, I think that says a lot about your potential. When you rebuild around a rookie quarterback, it's insane to expect big results the first year. When you build around a rookie quarterback who hasn't played football in four years, you need to be even more patient. I don't think the Texans will be cutting Carr this summer. I don't think the Cowboys are giving up on Hutch. The guy who should be worried is Quincy. It doesn't make sense to groom two young quarterbacks. Whether it's fair or not, Quincy has lost that role on this team. He is not the future. He's just another failed third year QB.
First, I think the 'Boys were looking for Chutch to play last year. Second, the fact that he hasn't played football at any level in four years is not a plus; it is a negative. He may look good for a guy who hasn't played in four years or look like a good QB for a being a baseball player, but he doesn't look good for an NFL quarterback. I frankly don't care that if Chutch stayed at Stanford and if he kept playing football and if he continued to improve, then Chutch would have been a first-round pick. Why? Because that is not the reality of the situation.

I made a similar argument with Wang Zhi Zhi-he spent too much time in China against inferior competition, that his growth and potential were premanently retarded. Chutch spent too much time playing baseball so that his growth and potential as an NFL qb are premanently retarded, IMO.

I'm not picking Q-Car over Chutch because I think they are both terrble. And I think with time the potential for either of them is at best a backup QB. I am not willing to waste the future of this team believing in either of them.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 08-15-2003, 09:55 AM   #27
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

This thread is depressing.

Isn't a good QB out there available?
Old 08-15-2003, 10:03 AM   #28
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
This thread is depressing.

Isn't a good QB out there available?
Isn't a good [Insert NHL Goalie; NBA Center; major league starting pitcher] out there available?

It is the same question and usually gets the same answer.

Old 08-15-2003, 11:42 AM   #29
XERXES
Diamond Member

Watching Quincy his rookie season and early last year he never really improved as the season went along. IMO, Hutch didn't improve much either - but he did show you the occasional glimmer of hope. I never got that with Q.

Nobody Q Car, Chuch, Dan marino, or Joe Montana is going to have "pocket presence" until the O-line gets fixed.

The truth is that neither one of these QB's (although Quincy has gotten more of one due to duration) has gotten a fair chance. Running the Cowboys Offense is like standing in front of a firing squad...usually with the same result.
Old 08-15-2003, 03:12 PM   #30
steponhens

steponhens is on a distinguished road

I say we trade for the rights of Drew Henson, sign him from the Yankees, and then start him.

Being out of football can't be as bad as being out of it for four years. Can it?

Napolean: Whatever I feel like! God!
steponhens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 03:13 PM   #31
steponhens

steponhens is on a distinguished road

*for two years

Napolean: Whatever I feel like! God!
steponhens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 03:56 PM   #32
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough

They shoulda sign A.J. Feely and start him instead.
DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 04:33 PM   #33
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares? Cut them both, sign Bucky Richardson, and let's go to war!!!!!
Old 08-15-2003, 05:45 PM   #34
XERXES
Diamond Member

What is the status of Billy Joe Toliver, David Klingler, Andre Ware, _____________ (you fill in the spare)?
Old 08-15-2003, 05:52 PM   #35
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

I know we don't need him but I say we are in the .................

SWEEPSTAKES
Old 08-15-2003, 05:52 PM   #36
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

It looks like chad, but if quincy dazzles maybe he takes the job. WIth a huge hole in the backfield, and at qb what the hell was parcells thinking in the offseason. I wish that kelly holcombe or Marc Bulger was an option here. Id even take plaummer over these two.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 05:54 PM   #37
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't mind having 2 Roy Williams'
Old 08-15-2003, 07:55 PM   #38
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Even though, he looked horrible last week, I still am pulling for QCar. Why? Because I am a Q Car homer, and Chad sucks just as bad. However Q Car hasn't looked too bad tonight against the Texans.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 07:59 PM   #39
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, I too am a big fan of drafting a 2nd Roy Williams. That kid is an absolute stud with all the tools to be a star in the NFL. Unfortunately, the Cowboys have more desperate needs (like QB or O Line).

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 08:42 PM   #40
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road

Chad is more accurate, has a stronger arm, and just needs time in the pocket to make an impact. Quincey looks like the better QB because of his ability to scramble and get out of a sack opportunity for the other team. For the team right now , the team that doesn't have a strong offensive line.. the Qb that might win them a few more games is Quincey. But if this team could somehow build a strong offensive line I think Chutch could take this team a long way.