Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 02-17-2004, 02:15 PM   #41
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: A-Rod To The Yanks???

ooooooohhh......The Rangers need Woodie no doubt. I would love to see him come back to Texas.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2004, 03:09 PM   #42
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default RE:A-Rod To The Yanks???

Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES
Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES
I was kind of hoping for Sean Henn. But, I'd settle for Ramirez. It's amazing how depleted the Yankees farm system is nowadays.

I'll be very upset if they don't choose a pitcher!

In practice I would agree. A pitcher should be obtained, however, if they use the financial flexibility to sign pitching then I would rather they take the best player as the PTBNL.

Actually- this whole thing will be OK if they sign Kerry Wood next year...

If you agree to put $1,000.00 into escrow, I will do the same and we can make a bet. I'd bet $1,000.00 right now this minute that that does not happen.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 03:12 PM   #43
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Per the FWST, in the year <u>2025</u>, Tom Hicks will finally make the last $3M payment to A-Rod under the contract. By that time, A-Rod will be in Cooperstown and will not have played for the Rangers for more than 20 years.

Brilliant.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 02-17-2004, 10:27 PM   #44
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Per the FWST, in the year <u>2025</u>, Tom Hicks will finally make the last $3M payment to A-Rod under the contract. By that time, A-Rod will be in Cooperstown and will not have played for the Rangers for more than 20 years.

Brilliant.

Doobster- Are you asking me to bet $1000 that the Rangers will do something right? That a premier free agent pitcher will land here? That the club will pull it's size 9 head out of its ass?

That's ok. I think I'll keep my money.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:01 AM   #45
Dooby
Diamond Member

How many of these national and NY (same thing) baseball writers would have unequivocally said that A-Rod was the best player in baseball before this weekend?

Old 02-18-2004, 11:15 AM   #46
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
How many of these national and NY (same thing) baseball writers would have unequivocally said that A-Rod was the best player in baseball before this weekend?
Good call. If you play in Texas you are ok. If you play on the east coast you area god all of a sudden.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:44 PM   #47
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

This just in. The DMN just reported that Alfonso is 28, not 26 and the Rangers knew that, furthermore he is "comfortable" at second base and doesn't want to move to center or second (I am sorry but Young deserved a gold glove and if they move him for a sorry fielder like Soriano i will be PISSED) and only 1 guy on the list of 5 prospects is a pitcher, OMG i refuse to have anything to do with the Rangers this year, none of my time or money will go to such a pathetic franchise. Silly me thought that A-Rod would at least be good for a couple of pitching prospects.
Old 02-18-2004, 02:27 PM   #48
Drbio
Banned

FCC- I feel your frustration....in the center of my heart. But...bear with me here......say the Rangers select that stud catcher that the Yanks have at AA (his name escapes me right now). You would have an infield of the Catching prospect, Tex at first, Soriano at second, Young at short (assuming he ok's the move) and Blalock at third. That is one of the best infields in all of baseball including the Yankees. That's pretty damn impressive. IF Hicks uses the savings for some decent pitching (next year...too late for this one) like Kerry Wood and another serviceable guy, the Rangers aren't really looking that bad. ARod was a great guy to have here, but his contract prevented any attempt at success. Can you imagine if Wood, a decent #2 candidate and Chan Ho as a #3 (assuming he can come back to the serviceable range) along with Lewis and Cordero or another one of our young guys were the rotation? That doesn't look so bad all of a sudden with the infield set. All we would need is some average outfielders. Keep Mench and add some middle of the road guys and the Rangers contend.

I know it is a stretch, but the future looks brighter today than it did last week when ARod was captain ranger.
Old 02-18-2004, 02:33 PM   #49
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
FCC- I feel your frustration....in the center of my heart. But...bear with me here......say the Rangers select that stud catcher that the Yanks have at AA (his name escapes me right now).
According to everything I have read, including an article quoted in this thread, catcher Dioner Navarro is not available to the Rangers.

Old 02-18-2004, 02:33 PM   #50
Dooby
Diamond Member

Double Post

Old 02-18-2004, 02:44 PM   #51
Drbio
Banned

Navarro....thaks Dooby...I was having a brain fart. Still....even without Navarro, the Rangers are better off today than last week.
Old 03-27-2004, 12:41 AM   #52
Kid California

Kid California is on a distinguished road

Rangers decided to take SS Joaquin Arias.
Kid California is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 01:06 AM   #53
Drbio
Banned

Who is the Yankees top prospect in the minor league system.

The Yanks changed his uniform numbers daily during spring training in an attempt to confuse Ranger scouts watching their players. They didn't want to lose him.