Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-30-2004, 09:48 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tech vs Cal

Tech's dominating right now with a 24-14 lead.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2004, 10:55 PM   #2
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Tech vs Cal

the announcers quoted the Tech team as saying the didn't believe Cal to be that great. that if they played in the big 12 south they'd have a similar record as the raiders. they sure are proving that to the country tonight...
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 10:58 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, the score is pretty close to how badly Tech is hammering Cal. But, there's plenty of time for Cal to catch up.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:00 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Rodgers looks rather average for the most part as well. I'm not going to say that he's an 'average' QB, but he just doesn't look good tonight. I must say that I do like his pocket presence. He seems to feel the pressure pretty well and steps up nicely.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:05 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

In my opinion, Rodgers needs to go pro. His value won't be any higher than it currently is.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:03 AM   #6
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Tech vs Cal

OU has to be licking their chops...

I'll be interesting to see how the whiney Cal fans spin this...probably the letdown excuse...
Old 12-31-2004, 12:17 AM   #7
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

there's no good way to spin it - they were, as the crowd chanted, overrated.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:26 AM   #8
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES
there's no good way to spin it - they were, as the crowd chanted, overrated.
True, but look for the west coast media and possibly a few players to play up the "disappointed they were snubbed by the BCS so they couldn’t get up for the game” card. They'll probably point out that UT lost to WSU under similar circumstances. Of course we were leading at the half and in the game the whole way...Cal was thoroughly dominated.

...I also suspect they'll play the "our offense needs Geoff McArthur to function care
Old 12-31-2004, 12:28 AM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Cal quickly recovered from a 7-0 deficit to take a 14-7 lead. They definitely appeared to have 'woken up' if they were not already awake. Botoom line...they just didn't look that great. They didn't look that athletic.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:48 AM   #10
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

I thoroughly enjoyed that game. Tech made me a little nervous by continuously passing late in the game but it worked out well. Now we need for A&M & TU to take care of business. If the big 12 wins out then I don't think anyone can say the the SEC is better. The dweebs on ESPN (Trev Alberts) can eat sh** and die for all I care.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 02:07 AM   #11
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

yeah, especially cause the SEC doesn't get blown out by Ohio State...or doesn't even play a bowl game until new year's eve.

someone tell me that the title game shouldn't have been OU/AU...Cal is the best team USC beat? sad.
Old 12-31-2004, 02:21 AM   #12
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Precisely.

WTH? I've thought all along that USC had no place being in the MNC. They play in a weak ass conference...UCLA and CAL were your biggest conference foes? The same UCLA that just got beat by Wyoming? Or the same Cal that just got stomped by TT? Auburn clearly deserves to be playing in the title game. Clearly.
Old 12-31-2004, 04:37 AM   #13
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Cal obviously matches up well with USC. If you want to compare athletes, theres no question that SC in in the same class as OU and Auburn. Just look at their recent recruiting classes and current NFL prospects.

Quote:
someone tell me that the title game shouldn't have been OU/AU...Cal is the best team USC beat?
Va Tech might have something to say about that.

Should Auburn be playing in the Orange bowl? Who knows, a case can be made on either side of the arguement at this point. Lets see how Ga plays Wisconsin...lets see how LSU plays Iowa...lets see how Tenn plays Aggy. I do know this, if they're feeling sorry for themselves and not focusing on the Sugar Bowl, Tech is going to hand them their asses.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:19 AM   #14
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by: endtroducing
someone tell me that the title game shouldn't have been OU/AU...Cal is the best team USC beat? sad.
I believe I was trying to say this weeks ago.
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 06:38 PM   #15
endtroducing
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Cal obviously matches up well with USC. If you want to compare athletes, theres no question that SC in in the same class as OU and Auburn. Just look at their recent recruiting classes and current NFL prospects.

Quote:
someone tell me that the title game shouldn't have been OU/AU...Cal is the best team USC beat?

Should Auburn be playing in the Orange bowl? Who knows, a case can be made on either side of the arguement at this point. Lets see how Ga plays Wisconsin...lets see how LSU plays Iowa...lets see how Tenn plays Aggy. I do know this, if they're feeling sorry for themselves and not focusing on the Sugar Bowl, Tech is going to hand them their asses.

you obviously don't know the character of this team...and Georgia will pound Wisconsin, LSU will pound Iowa, and I'm pretty sure UT will pound A&M. if we beat VT, then that gives Auburn four wins over teams with 10 wins...which has never happened before in the history of college football.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:38 PM   #16
endtroducing
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000

Quote:

you obviously don't know the character of this team...and Georgia will pound Wisconsin, LSU will pound Iowa, and I'm pretty sure UT will pound A&M. if we beat VT, then that gives Auburn four wins over teams with 10 wins...which has never happened before in the history of college football.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:47 PM   #17
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Tech came to play took advantage of its opportunities and won the game. You can say that Cal sucked or whatever, but the bottom line is that Cumbie had his best game as a Red Raider. The big 12 south is the toughest division in football by far. Texas blew out the Red Raiders. This should be a great bowl season. I still think USC can beat OU regardless of the bad competition. Coach Tedford said that the Bears didn't take this game lightly. The other weird occurence was that the Bears didn't run the ball like they should have, Tech had a hard time stopping the run.

Regardless of how good Cal is they were the freaking number five BCS team. This should help Tech with its recruiting. I still like OU over USC especially know. I like Texas in a route over Michigan and the Aggies to pull one out against the Vols.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 08:47 PM   #18
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Tech came to play took advantage of its opportunities and won the game. You can say that Cal sucked or whatever, but the bottom line is that Cumbie had his best game as a Red Raider. The big 12 south is the toughest division in football by far. Texas blew out the Red Raiders. This should be a great bowl season. I still think USC can beat OU regardless of the bad competition. Coach Tedford said that the Bears didn't take this game lightly. The other weird occurence was that the Bears didn't run the ball like they should have, Tech had a hard time stopping the run.

Regardless of how good Cal is they were the freaking number five BCS team. This should help Tech with its recruiting. I still like OU over USC especially know. I like Texas in a route over Michigan and the Aggies to pull one out against the Vols.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 01:43 PM   #19
endtroducing
Golden Member

UT loses credibility in the polls by losing to Auburn twice...A&M gains credibility for playing OU close...35-0. go rocky top.
Old 01-01-2005, 01:43 PM   #20
endtroducing
Golden Member

UT loses credibility in the polls by losing to Auburn twice...A&M gains credibility for playing OU close...35-0. go rocky top.