Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 01-02-2005, 04:36 AM   #41
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Rose Bowl

Quote:
I think if he wants to be a QB in the NFL he needs to leave UT as soon as possible.
I think it's just the opposite. With Benson gone, a good young reveiving corps (they'll get Jordan Shipley back and still have a chance to sign Fred Rouse) UT will be forced to throw the ball more and he'll get experience reading defenses. If he can inprove his TD/Int ratio, he can play QB in the league. He just needs to be able to keep the defense honest.

You are right in that he's reportedly said that he intends to go pro after next season and he could legally go right now if he wanted.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:36 AM   #42
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think if he wants to be a QB in the NFL he needs to leave UT as soon as possible.
I think it's just the opposite. With Benson gone, a good young reveiving corps (they'll get Jordan Shipley back and still have a chance to sign Fred Rouse) UT will be forced to throw the ball more and he'll get experience reading defenses. If he can inprove his TD/Int ratio, he can play QB in the league. He just needs to be able to keep the defense honest.

You are right in that he's reportedly said that he intends to go pro after next season and he could legally go right now if he wanted.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:00 AM   #43
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Rose Bowl

Quote:
Originally posted by: ames7
I've never been the biggest Vince Young fan & I admit that I didn't have enough faith in this team to know they would pull this off & for this, I am very sorry. What a game. Seriously, what a game.
I've waffled on young.....loved him...hated him...loved him...and then just didn't know. He's a frustrating player at times. However, there's no doubt that he was absolutely spectacular yesterday.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 10:00 AM   #44
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: ames7
I've never been the biggest Vince Young fan & I admit that I didn't have enough faith in this team to know they would pull this off & for this, I am very sorry. What a game. Seriously, what a game.
I've waffled on young.....loved him...hated him...loved him...and then just didn't know. He's a frustrating player at times. However, there's no doubt that he was absolutely spectacular yesterday.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 09:32 AM   #45
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

As a huge Michigan fan, this game was a killer for me, but I still couldn't help but enjoy marveling at the unbelievable ease with which Vince Young plays the game. The only difference I see between him and Vick right now is arm strength and mechanics...I haven't yet seen Vince just zip a pass to someone. Most of his throws were touch throws. And, I wonder how he would do in the NFL when his athleticism won't be so superior to those of the defenders playing against him. Against Michigan, it seemed pretty clear to me that the mandate was for Vince to make one or two reads at most on pass plays, and if he didn't see anything open immediately, to shift his focus to the linebackers and figure out the quickest way by them. Don't get me wrong -- I think that is the perfect game plan for him...I'd much rather have a guy like that with the ball in his hands than forcing throws he can't assuredly complete (thank you soft Michigan zone pass defense), but I think that a similar style would not translate well to the NFL.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 12:23 AM   #46
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:

Rouse is going to Alabama or FSU if he qualifies
Old 01-05-2005, 12:30 AM   #47
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Not that I have any inside info, but I haven't even seen Alabama on his list. From my understanding it's Miami, Texas and FSU...he's going to Austin for his campus visit on 1/28, the nite of the UT/Okie State game.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:37 AM   #48
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

I'm a gold member on rivals...Alabama is his leader (or a co-leader) and is scheduled for an official this week

Alabama Medium 1/7/2005
Florida State Medium 1/28/2005
Miami-FL Medium 1/21/2005
Oklahoma Medium none
Texas Medium 1/14/2005
Florida None none
Ohio State None none
Southern Cal None none
Old 01-10-2005, 01:02 PM   #49
dirno2000
Diamond Member

He's saying Texas is the leader in the clubhouse and that's after his visit to Alabama. We just need to keep the RP committ.

Quote:
”Right now I would say Texas is my top school, especially if (Ryan) Perrilloux goes there. I want to be the next Roy Williams and I want him to be my quarterback for the next three or four years. I can really see myself there, so we’ll see.”

”I would say that Alabama is number two, Florida State number three, Miami number four and Southern Cal number five. There were some rumors that I was looking at UCLA but they were just rumors.”