Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 08-07-2008, 09:04 AM   #1
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all
Default How about ...

Here´s another trade idea after tampering with the things currently on the market ...

Dallas Trades

Josh Howard
Brandon Bass
Jerry Stackhouse
and cash

to Indiana for

Troy Murphy
Jamaal Tinsley
a future first?

We´d get some insurance in case the Kidd thing doesnt work out in Tinsley, and we´d be able to move either one at the trade deadline after we´ve seen how the season went by till this point. Murphy is a reliable backup to Dirk (I expect him to be more consistent than Bass actually), and we´d be in position to maybe trade Terry (or Damp?) with the roster after the trade.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:33 AM   #2
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

who are we getting that makes giving up jho worthwhile? Dirk and Kidds new backups?
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:59 AM   #3
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Well that just solidified our starting SG needs.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:04 AM   #4
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

That just makes us worse, I would keep bass and howard instead.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:08 AM   #5
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Go to ___.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:09 AM   #6
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Go to ___.
Milwaukee?
Old 08-07-2008, 10:13 AM   #7
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I...er.....what?

This is, quite possibly, the worst Mavs trade idea I've ever seen. Like, did you leave a name out coming back from Indy? Did you mean to have Danny Granger coming back?

I'm so confused.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:16 AM   #8
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, this is pretty terrible.

Is it a joke?

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:45 PM   #9
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

No it´s not a joke. I don´t think the real value of Josh Howard / Bass is evaluated right.

I´m pretty sure you can´t get anything out of Josh right now - getting Tinsley and a First for him and getting the ability to deal the Kidd contract at the Trade Deadline (or Tinsley then, or Terry / Damp now) would create more flexibility to actually do something than keeping Josh now.

The point is whether you´re willing to give up on him. I have. Not offering him for Artest was a straight mistake.

Troy Murphy for Bass actually is gaining size over raw power. I´d call this part a wash.

Do you really think you can get BETTER for Josh out there? I seriously doubt it.

You can get better for either Terry (packaging him and Jones plus the first we acquired) or Damp (playing Murphy behind Diop as backup center and getting another Vet Minimum body or some 2nd string guy back in the trade), but you cannot get any real value back for Josh.

Imho it´s best to ship him off and get something in return that enables us to move either of those assets - and the trade above gives us both trade flexibility (as it makes Terry and Damp moveable) and - to some degree - an insurance in case Kidd blows or underachieves, as we can move his contract at the trade deadline.

Sure, we´re losing some talent, but there´s always one side losing TALENT because it hopes to add pieces to make other things work.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:53 PM   #10
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Jamal Tinsley has zero trade value. None.

Troy Murphy is making 11 mil a season for three more seasons, and you think he has more value than Bass? Or even the same value?

Despite Josh's issues last season he still has a very reasonable contract. The idea that a first round pick plus the negative trade value of Tinsley is equal value for Josh is....the siiliest thing I've read in a long time.

I wouldn't trade Bass by himself for that package.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 08-07-2008 at 04:56 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:28 PM   #11
kingofthesmurfs

kingofthesmurfs is on a distinguished road

we could just keep howard, if he plays better and stops acting like a child we could still keep him or trade him because he'll have more value. i know we can get a better trade than that right now.
kingofthesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:59 PM   #12
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by seelenjaeger
No it´s not a joke. I don´t think the real value of Josh Howard / Bass is evaluated right.

I´m pretty sure you can´t get anything out of Josh right now - getting Tinsley and a First for him and getting the ability to deal the Kidd contract at the Trade Deadline (or Tinsley then, or Terry / Damp now) would create more flexibility to actually do something than keeping Josh now.

The point is whether you´re willing to give up on him. I have. Not offering him for Artest was a straight mistake.

Troy Murphy for Bass actually is gaining size over raw power. I´d call this part a wash.

Do you really think you can get BETTER for Josh out there? I seriously doubt it.

You can get better for either Terry (packaging him and Jones plus the first we acquired) or Damp (playing Murphy behind Diop as backup center and getting another Vet Minimum body or some 2nd string guy back in the trade), but you cannot get any real value back for Josh.

Imho it´s best to ship him off and get something in return that enables us to move either of those assets - and the trade above gives us both trade flexibility (as it makes Terry and Damp moveable) and - to some degree - an insurance in case Kidd blows or underachieves, as we can move his contract at the trade deadline.

Sure, we´re losing some talent, but there´s always one side losing TALENT because it hopes to add pieces to make other things work.
You just proposed trading a gang banger for a convict. I say no thank you..Did you not read all the stories about Tinsley breaking the law even more than Howard???? Not only that, we are trading an All-Star for a non-starter in Tinsley. Ok, I get it now. You were making a jokey, joke!!! My bad on that one

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 08-08-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:05 AM   #13
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

worst thread ever
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:18 AM   #14
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody post the teddy bear with scissors picture.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:22 AM   #15
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

My thoughts exactly...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-08-2008 at 10:22 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:26 PM   #16
chanaw25

chanaw25 will become famous soon enough

If we go after Tinsley at at all it should be a straight up Stack with money to buy him out next season ( or maybe a second round pick if we have any)for Tinsley. it is a good move depth wise at point guard and we are able to move Stack because of Tinsley's low trade value and Indiana already making it vocal that he wont be playing with the pacers next season. with that being said it already wont work because Tinsley said that Carlisle was a bad coach for him and held him back from becoming a great player. If we can get past that i think it is a worth while deal. if not forget about it.
chanaw25 is offline   Reply With Quote