Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-20-2014, 11:42 PM   #41
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Another interesting stat. Rondo led all players with a +17.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2014, 11:43 PM   #42
ActionJackson

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

Dirk has had it together for almost 15 years. The guy is old and he's the cheapest one in the starting line-up. It's time for the other guys and they are starting to deliver. Dirk can be our "secret weapon".
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 12:01 AM   #43
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

Not exactly the game i was hoping for but I was still fearing their scrubs would do this since it has happened before at home. You can tell the offense was trying to get a feel for each other with Rondo and not force too much. I liked what I saw out of Rondo, I think once the offense can start lighting it up the starting 5 will be an awesome group to watch. I hope we can get Jermaine O'Neal asap or some other big, we can't have Tyson playing so many minutes each game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Dirk sucked and I wish that he would lay off the refs when he's having a bad game
This might be the only annoying thing about Dirk so far this year. I will accept that he will miss shots, have bad games and get burned on the Defensive end. But wow there have been quite a few times this year where he just throws a fit every time he doesn't get his calls and doesn't get back to the game fast enough. He did it tonight when he didn't get back on D and allowed an easy lay up. I love Dirk, I respect him but that just has to stop. With Rondo coming in he needs to set a good example from a leadership stand point. Yes it sucks he is not getting the calls but tough luck that's going to be the reality of it now.

Last edited by Jon Avalon; 12-21-2014 at 12:09 AM.
Jon Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 12:08 AM   #44
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I was hoping people learned from Parsons shooting slump that you shouldn't kick a player while they're down. It's December. I'd be worried about Dirk's shot if this were late February, but I'm certainly not worried now.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 12:15 AM   #45
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@BallinWithBryan: Rondo on his comfort level: "I’ve been here 24 hours and I probably practiced more in 24 hours than I have all season."

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 12:18 AM   #46
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

What do yall guys think about Francisco Garcia? If we trade Felton for something you think he can be mainly useful on 3 point shooting?
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 12:23 AM   #47
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
What do yall guys think about Francisco Garcia? If we trade Felton for something you think he can be mainly useful on 3 point shooting?
Rashard Lewis
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 12:25 AM   #48
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't really know if he'd be any better than Jefferson (especially considering that RJ has been through training camp and almost 30 games with this team) but either way, I would be pretty pissed if we signed him instead of just about any center that's available.

Hey... I said just about any center that's available.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 12:29 AM   #49
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Parsons collects his first double-double of the season with 16 points, 11 rebounds...

@BallinWithBryan: A humorous @ChandlerParsons on his 11 boards: "They were chanting Rodman in the crowd tonight for me. You didn't hear that?"

Last edited by Underdog; 12-21-2014 at 12:31 AM.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:42 AM   #50
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

It's code red right now for a serviceable back up big for this team (and evidently the front office knows it if reports are to be trusted). Greg Smith was seriously over matched by Aaron Baynes tonight and if Dirk's shot isn't falling the front court is going to be bleeding every night.

Rondo is who I thought he was, and I thought he was pretty damn good. There were a number of sequences when he was at the top of the free throw line and it was a joy to see the kind of vision he has, and his passing is obviously exceptional.

Big win standings wise as well. This experiment is going to be so interesting to watch.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 12:52 AM   #51
Underdog

Postgame: http://www.mavs.com/videos/postgame-rajon-rondo/
Highlights: http://www.mavs.com/videos/spurs-vs-mavericks-13/

Old 12-21-2014, 01:33 AM   #52
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

As for those asking about the center:
It's likely going to be Jermaine O'Neal. It's just a matter of when.

Here's the quote board:
http://www.mavsoutsider.com/2014/12/...tonio-game-28/
Old 12-21-2014, 01:53 AM   #53
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
As for those asking about the center:
It's likely going to be Jermaine O'Neal. It's just a matter of when.

Here's the quote board:
http://www.mavsoutsider.com/2014/12/...tonio-game-28/
Wow, great stuff - especially the parts about having Rondo attack the middle of SA's zone defense.

Old 12-21-2014, 01:58 AM   #54
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Ellis carried us to the win
Rondo was a lot better defensively than advertised (and those passes -amazing)
Dirk sucked and I wish that he would lay off the refs when he's having a bad game
Chandler, Chandler & Harris were solid
The rest of team was worthless
He used to rarely complain but last year or so it seems like he does it too much to the point where the refs tune him out
Old 12-21-2014, 02:30 AM   #55
amuseddaysleeper

amuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the rough

Mavs have struggled to beat great teams consistently this year. Their D is still poor and they should've won by 30 tonight.

Marco is like the 7th or 8th best player on the Spurs at best.
amuseddaysleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 02:56 AM   #56
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit View Post
Having watched Dirk for a decade dominate now watching his decline is frustrating. His body just won't do what he wants it to do. He started the season like he always does but now he is in a terrible way with a few good games sprinkled in.
It is sad. I wish he was three years younger.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 12-21-2014 at 03:06 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 03:02 AM   #57
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Ugly game, but its always nice to win ugly. If Dirk has a average game, this would be a blowout.

Carlisle took advantage of the weak opponent and used the game like a scrimmage. He gave everybody, including Ledo and Charlie V, a chance to contribute...probably just his way of seeing who was ready to play. If he had just given all their minutes to Aminu, the win would have been easier. Perhaps he wanted to give the new look a bit of a stress test. Better to have Rondo in a end of game situation, than sitting on the bench watching the 4th quarter.

I was very impressed with the way Rondo sees the court and the game. Several guys bumbled catch-able passes because they just aren't used to a passer threading the needle and getting it to them for the split second they were open. He should have had at least 4 more assists...6 or 7 more if Dirk had been just average. He did not dominate the ball at all, instead, fitting right in with the "Keep it moving" philosophy. Clearly, he wants to fit his game to what the Mavs do, and as smart as he is, it should be fun to watch him do it.
Old 12-21-2014, 03:07 AM   #58
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
Rashard Lewis
Well Garcia at least has played this season. Don't know about Rashard. He might not even be in top shape for our kinda game. I'd only want Garcia to look for open shots. He can be really cheap if we deal Felton for a draft pick?
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 03:21 AM   #59
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
Rashard Lewis
“Rashard Lewis is working out here. We’ve stayed in touch with him and worked with him.” -- Mark Cuban (10/30/14)

Mavericks Open To Late Season Signing Of Ray Allen Or Rashard Lewis

Last edited by Underdog; 12-21-2014 at 03:24 AM.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:17 AM   #60
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

postgame Carlisle quote:
""This is a challenging time of the year to be playing at home. This is where you get upsets at home all over the league. Everybody has family and feeling good about Christmas and teams are going on the road and winning games.""

another example by the great Eddie Murphy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI4fVgVVpiw
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 04:32 AM   #61
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoesmydirktaste View Post
So if Rondo gets 9 assists and Ellis gets 38 points, can we finally shut the fuck up about how they will play together? I guess they can play together.
Sure because that's a relevant sample size. You have to wait at least 20 games, then compare Ellis' before/after stats. I think they can coexist, it won't matter though if Dirk's three ball does not make a comeback. He's not even close on his attempts. If he and Parsons cannot make threes close to a 40% clip, that lineup simply won't work against the best teams.

With Rondo, Ellis and Chandler in the lineup, those two's long range shooting is nothing short of a game changer. If they can knock them down we can beat the best teams, if they can't, we won't be able to. If they can knock it down, Ellis and Rondo can do their thing in the paint, it's a completely different dynamic.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 04:38 AM   #62
ffballer

ffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to behold

IM STILL DRUNK AS FUCK BUT GOD DAMMIT MONTA ELLIS 2015 ALL STAR
Old 12-21-2014, 04:38 AM   #63
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
He's an average three-point shooter, Richardson is clearly better. If you want to sign a shooter, you sign a quality one who can work close to a 40% clip. Not many out there who are also good defenders.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 09:41 AM   #64
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
He used to rarely complain but last year or so it seems like he does it too much to the point where the refs tune him out
I love the big fella but he's always been a complainer. He just used to be able to score after complaining so you remembered the scores more than the complaints.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 09:49 AM   #65
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Sure because that's a relevant sample size. You have to wait at least 20 games, then compare Ellis' before/after stats. I think they can coexist, it won't matter though if Dirk's three ball does not make a comeback. He's not even close on his attempts. If he and Parsons cannot make threes close to a 40% clip, that lineup simply won't work against the best teams.

With Rondo, Ellis and Chandler in the lineup, those two's long range shooting is nothing short of a game changer. If they can knock them down we can beat the best teams, if they can't, we won't be able to. If they can knock it down, Ellis and Rondo can do their thing in the paint, it's a completely different dynamic.
They were tossed together with little or no preparation. The results were awesome. They have nowhere to go but up. In 19 games you can be satisfied by your sample size. As hard as the West is, the Mavs don't have 20 games to figure it out. They know that. Carlisle is going to be the bad ass coach that he is and make this thing work on the fly. Next stop: Jermaine O'Neal.

To quote the great Coolio. "We on a mission."

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 12-21-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:02 AM   #66
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoesmydirktaste View Post
They were tossed together with little or no preparation. The results were awesome. They have nowhere to go but up. In 19 games you can be satisfied by your sample size. As hard as the West is, the Mavs don't have 20 games to figure it out. They know that. Carlisle is going to be the bad ass coach that he is and make this thing work on the fly. Next stop: Jermaine O'Neal.

To quote the great Coolio. "We on a mission."
The funny thing is, this was one of our worst offensive games of the season against a team that would win about 6 games if it played all season. I don't see how you use that to prove they work together. The caveat that it was one game and as such we don't need to judge anything by it still applies, but screaming it was a rousing success after one really poor performance seems odd.

I was very happy with what I saw out of rondo after his first six minutes though
Old 12-21-2014, 10:09 AM   #67
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
The funny thing is, this was one of our worst offensive games of the season against a team that would win about 6 games if it played all season. I don't see how you use that to prove they work together. The caveat that it was one game and as such we don't need to judge anything by it still applies, but screaming it was a rousing success after one really poor performance seems odd.

I was very happy with what I saw out of rondo after his first six minutes though
Eighth worst offensive game of the season, going by rate.

It was also yet another terrible defensive rebounding game, despite SA not playing Duncan or Splitter, the addition of Rondo, and Tyson playing the most minutes of the season (excluding overtime).

As you said, can't draw conclusion on one game, but we need to see that rebounding number start heading in the right direction soon. Defense too.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 10:14 AM   #68
howdoesmydirktaste

Quote:

I know what I saw. It's going to work. Feel free to call me out in 20 games if I'm wrong. Pop did a great coaching job with spares during one of our worst offensive games. The bright spot was the exact thing many were concerned about (not me); How well would Ellis and Rondo play together. They looked great to me. If Dirk and Parsons did what was expected of them, we would have blown them out. This was the perfect game and scenario for this team to figure some things out.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:43 AM   #69
howdoesmydirktaste

I liked him demeanor in the interview. He seems focused and prepared.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:35 AM   #70
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Eighth worst offensive game of the season, going by rate.

It was also yet another terrible defensive rebounding game, despite SA not playing Duncan or Splitter, the addition of Rondo, and Tyson playing the most minutes of the season (excluding overtime).

As you said, can't draw conclusion on one game, but we need to see that rebounding number start heading in the right direction soon. Defense too.
I was actually pleasantly surprised with rondo. He played really well defensively to my eyes after his first stint. I wasn't entirely certain that version of him was still there. I don't think this game was proof of our offense being worse anymore than a 130 point game would have been proof of it being better. I just didn't think that someone should be screaming that this definitely works after one game where several of the problems people were concerned about were clearly a reality.

That said the backup big spot is going to be an issue. Wright might have had his issues but a 75% shooter with great hands who knows exactly where to be and exactly what he can do who also happens to be a good enough ft shooter that you can't foul him is a huge loss for any offense. And Greg smith doesn't look like an nba player IMO. I'm curious if we can't give some of those minutes to aminu. He's obviously not a five but it's not like he's going to get overpowered anymore than wright did.

Monta was amazing. And I'm not sure what the numbers say but it really feels like he's actually a good spot up three point shooter. Most of his misses seem to be the hero ball off the dribble threes. If that's the case this trade will work out incredibly well.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 12-21-2014 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:34 PM   #71
howdoesmydirktaste

Quote:
I was actually pleasantly surprised with rondo. He played really well defensively to my eyes after his first stint. I wasn't entirely certain that version of him was still there. I don't think this game was proof of our offense being worse anymore than a 130 point game would have been proof of it being better. I just didn't think that someone should be screaming that this definitely works after one game where several of the problems people were concerned about were clearly a reality.

That said the backup big spot is going to be an issue. Wright might have had his issues but a 75% shooter with great hands who knows exactly where to be and exactly what he can do who also happens to be a good enough ft shooter that you can't foul him is a huge loss for any offense. And Greg smith doesn't look like an nba player IMO. I'm curious if we can't give some of those minutes to aminu. He's obviously not a five but it's not like he's going to get overpowered anymore than wright did.

Monta was amazing. And I'm not sure what the numbers say but it really feels like he's actually a good spot up three point shooter. Most of his misses seem to be the hero ball off the dribble threes. If that's the case this trade will work out incredibly well.

I think if the rest of the team played an average game tonight, it would have been a blow out.

Yeah, it was only one game, but I just don't see Rondo and Ellis having problems. I think that was tied for the most points Ellis has had as a Mav right? If not the most, it was among the most. The problems I saw last night were that Dirk and Tyson had a couple of crazy Rondo passes that they weren't ready for that lead to turnovers. They need to work on that.

I guess I'm just optimistic that this starting five with that coach will figure it out on the fly. I am also optimistic that we will get JO as our backup center. You really have to put faith in the front office to pull this off. Remember what our starting 5 looked like 2-3 years ago? We've come a long way.

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 12-21-2014 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:35 PM   #72
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Laughing at all these Dirk declining comments... Yea he's never going to be the same anymore. His body has finally betrayed him ��

Last edited by Windmill360; 12-21-2014 at 12:36 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 12:38 PM   #73
howdoesmydirktaste

And I stand corrected. It's the highest point total of the season for Ellis. He's scored more than that for us in the past. Thanks Google.

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 12-21-2014 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:39 PM   #74
howdoesmydirktaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
Laughing at all these Dirk declining comments... Yea he's never going to be the same anymore. His body has finally betrayed him ��
Yeah. Dirk will get out of his slump. I'm envisioning Dirk getting back on track, Ellis and Rondo coexisting, Carlisle being Carlisle, JO signing as our backup center, Rondo giving everyone more open looks and . . . . the 3 seed.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:20 PM   #75
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

You can already tell that Rondo brings a sense of stability at the position that we just didn't have with Nelson. His impact will be one that is felt throughout the game versus just in spurts.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 03:44 PM   #76
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
You can already tell that Rondo brings a sense of stability at the position that we just didn't have with Nelson. His impact will be one that is felt throughout the game versus just in spurts.
All great points.
I think JJB will need to adjust a bit.
It will be nice to have 3 point guards that can play when we go against PHX.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 04:08 PM   #77
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.mavs.com/rajon-rondo-in-the-zone/

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 06:06 PM   #78
ffballer

ffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
couldn't agree more, we're just gonna need to sign a big man asap to backup tyson cause smith just won't do the job
boston is playing miami now, im gonna watch the game to see how brandan plays with his new team
Old 12-21-2014, 08:12 PM   #79
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
All great points.
I think JJB will need to adjust a bit.
It will be nice to have 3 point guards that can play when we go against PHX.
Just from a minutes perspectve jjb is going to get cut down some. Tbh he also did not seem real happy out there yesterday. A few times when rondo was coming off the court i got a sense of something between them.

Have they gotten into it before?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 08:47 PM   #80
howdoesmydirktaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Just from a minutes perspectve jjb is going to get cut down some. Tbh he also did not seem real happy out there yesterday. A few times when rondo was coming off the court i got a sense of something between them.

Have they gotten into it before?
I didn't notice that. But I wasn't looking for it either. I hope that's not the case.