Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 04-04-2004, 01:07 PM   #1
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default DAL/MIA/PHI

Dallas trades: PF Antoine Walker (14.1 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 4.6 apg in 35.1 minutes)
SF Antawn Jamison (14.3 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 0.9 apg in 28.9 minutes)
Dallas receives: SF Glenn Robinson (16.6 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 1.4 apg in 31.9 minutes)
C Samuel Dalembert (7.6 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 0.2 apg in 25.9 minutes)
PF Brian Grant (8.7 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 0.9 apg in 30.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +4.5 ppg, +4.1 rpg, and -3.0 apg.

Philadelphia trades: SG Allen Iverson (26.4 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 6.8 apg in 42.5 minutes)
SF Glenn Robinson (16.6 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 1.4 apg in 31.9 minutes)
C Samuel Dalembert (7.6 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 0.2 apg in 25.9 minutes)
Philadelphia receives: PF Antoine Walker (14.1 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 4.6 apg in 75 games)
SF Lamar Odom (17.1 ppg, 9.9 rpg, 4.2 apg in 74 games)
Change in team outlook: -19.4 ppg, +2.9 rpg, and +0.4 apg.

Miami trades: PF Brian Grant (8.7 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 0.9 apg in 30.8 minutes)
SF Lamar Odom (17.1 ppg, 9.9 rpg, 4.2 apg in 37.9 minutes)
Miami receives: SF Antawn Jamison (14.3 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 0.9 apg in 75 games)
SG Allen Iverson (26.4 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 6.8 apg in 48 games)
Change in team outlook: +14.9 ppg, -7.0 rpg, and +2.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2004, 12:51 AM   #2
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road
Default RE: DAL/MIA/PHI

Miami doesnt do this...they have no big men and loosing 2 of em doesnt help...only way they do it is if they get dalembert
Old 04-05-2004, 09:42 AM   #3
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:DAL/MIA/PHI

I don't see Dallas doing it. They would love Dalembert, but I don't think they would want Robinson, on this team. He is another volume scorer, and I think this year has shown them what volume scorers do for this team.
I don't see Miami doing this because I think they are going to build around Odom, and Wade.
I don't see Phi doing this because I don't think they are going to give up a young Big who has another year or two on contract at a low rate.

I like the deal having Dalembert coming, and I think he would fit great in Dallas. Grant could fit in as a backup as well. I just don't think it will happen this way.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 09:50 AM   #4
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Could you imagine a Miami lineup with Iverson, Rafer, Jamison, Wade, and Eddie Jones? Thats some scary stuff!
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 03:47 PM   #5
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

I would not even consider doing this deal...at all.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 01:54 PM   #6
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Just out of curiosity, and I apologize if this has been suggested before, what would you think of the following:

Dallas trades: Antoine Walker
Dallas receives: Brian Grant, Samuel Dalembert

Miami trades: Brian Grant
Miami receives: Allen Iverson

Philadelphia trades: Allen Iveron, Samuel Dalembert
Philadelphia receives: Antoine Walker

I did the calculations based on next year's salaries and it looks to work cap-wise. Only team I think wouldn't do it would be Philly, because I'm not sure Walker as cap room is worth both those two, even if they really want to get out from under AI, but they would have a pair of hefty, expiring contracts to either dump or trade in Robinson and Walker. Would some draft choices be enough to convince them?
Old 04-07-2004, 02:01 PM   #7
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
Just out of curiosity, and I apologize if this has been suggested before, what would you think of the following:

Dallas trades: Antoine Walker
Dallas receives: Brian Grant, Samuel Dalembert

Miami trades: Brian Grant
Miami receives: Allen Iverson

Philadelphia trades: Allen Iveron, Samuel Dalembert
Philadelphia receives: Antoine Walker

I did the calculations based on next year's salaries and it looks to work cap-wise. Only team I think wouldn't do it would be Philly, because I'm not sure Walker as cap room is worth both those two, even if they really want to get out from under AI, but they would have a pair of hefty, expiring contracts to either dump or trade in Robinson and Walker. Would some draft choices be enough to convince them?
Done, have Mark sign where?

I don't see Phi doing this though. I don't think they give up AI for Walker, much less AI and a young Big.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 02:05 PM   #8
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Miami does it either. With Iverson's contract, age and recent run of injuries, he'll be tough to move. I think the Heat see Dewayne Wade as the future and wouldn't want to stunt his growth.
Old 04-07-2004, 02:08 PM   #9
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that's my feeling too. Honestly, Miami would be the one that it was really incumbent upon to sweeten the deal, since they'd be the ones giving up Grant and getting AI. I really don't know how much they'd be willing to throw in, though.