Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #41
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by He15man View Post
PG. Shane Larkin
SG. Monta Ellis
SF. Vince Carter
PF. Dirk Nowitzki
C. Andrew Bynum

not a favorite line up on here, but i would take it over last years roster
I don't know why people on this board are high on Ellis at all. He's a chucker and probably a net negative on most teams. Hell look at the Warriors, they dramatically improved when they dumped the cancer.

Bynum I'm okay with if we lose out on Dwight. It's a gamble, but if it works out we could be contenders (or we could be a lottery team). If we snag Bynum I'm happy with going for Caldy or Jack and filling out the rest with shooters and role players.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #42
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
PG. Shane Larkin
SG. Monta Ellis
SF. Vince Carter
PF. Dirk Nowitzki
C. Andrew Bynum

That backcourt would be hilarious to watch... for opposing fans. A burlesque/horror mix for us probably. Carter would start on the bench, and Crowder would be the starting SF, the spacing would be ok, Larkin was an elite shooter in college, Dirk is obviously an elite shooter, Monta is an ok shooter.

That team could have nice offensive potential, defensively though... The Larkin/Monta duo would get abused on a daily basis, and i don't like Crowder at SF too much to be honest, i think there is a reason he played PF in college, he would be a better reserve PF imo.

Anyway, that team could easily fight for 5th seed if healthy, so if you guys want a playoff team, that roster could certainly make it, but it has treadmill written all over it.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #43
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Yeah we are already talking about blan B.It is clearly that Howard won t come to Dallas and he probably never thought about it.We can't offer him nothing except money.Unfortunately Dirk is getting old and our other guys are not young too.Take a look Houston ,they have nice young team.They was in the Playoffs in this year and they played really good basketball. I really want to see D12 in our uniform ,but we cant loos our minds I hope that Marc has great plan B and this 2013-2014 team will fight about Championship rings.

Bynum,Ellis,Iggy,Calderon i think it is our plan B one of them must be in Dallas.

Plan C,D.E,F...Marc you can put it in your ass.
Deam we want rings .

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #44
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Players i wouldn't touch under any circumstance: Josh Smith, Monta Ellis, Brandon Jennings.

Players i'd rather not sign: Bynum, Calderon

Players i would want for the right price and/or trade for them: Igoudala, Pekovic, Gortat

I would be all for another rental year to be honest, i don't get the fascination with becoming a treadmill team if we miss out on Dwight. Next year's gonna be a great draft. Yeah, it would be a bummer for Dirk, but i don't think his wildest dreams are playing on an 8th seed, and getting embarrassed in the 1st round. We have no assets, let's get some through the draft if Howard doesn't come.
As long as Dirk is on your roster you will always compete for that 8th spot. We are the treadmill team until we start surrounding him with real assets.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #45
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
It is clearly that Howard won t come to Dallas and he probably never thought about it.
Did I miss something? He hasnt' made his decision yet. Nothing is clear right now. I dont trust these attention-whore twitter jerks that claim they know something the rest of us don't. Even if he doesn't come to dallas it doens't mean those people had the inside track. They're just fucking guessing and any jackass can do the same thing.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #46
Aggie E

Aggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of light

Why would he come to Dallas though? Less money than LAL, older team than GS and Houston. Dont believe the hype that if he wont play for LAL that they wont do a S&T. there are always dumb teams that will take expiring contracts and a young talent(Which GS has)..
Aggie E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #47
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
As long as Dirk is on your roster you will always compete for that 8th spot. We are the treadmill team until we start surrounding him with real assets.
Yeah, well, he's 35, we won't be competing for the 8th seed with him until he's 40. I don't think he can put the team on his shoulders anymore, and he knows it. He said so many times in the last 2 years. That's why he's gonna be frustrated in the next couple days if things don't go our way. Also, you are not really a treadmill team unless you are locked into a mediocre situation. We could have 50 million in cap space next summer, to me, treadmill teams has long contracts, with mediocre, underachieving players.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 07-05-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #48
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
Did I miss something? He hasnt' made his decision
ideed,ok after his decision I will writte this sentence "It is clearly that Howard won t come to Dallas and he probably never thought about it." once again

You don t miss nothing at all

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR

Last edited by 41mvp; 07-05-2013 at 03:52 PM.
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #49
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Dwight goes to GS via S&T (Bogut/Barnes)

Rockets fill their PF hole with Millsap

So we sign Calderon or Jack
Sign Josh Smith below Max
Trade Marion/Pick for Gortat

I could live with this.

Or jump in and take Bogut/barnes without a pick demand and let the Warriors sign Dwight via cap

Last edited by sefant77; 07-05-2013 at 04:08 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #50
LionDallas

LionDallas is a jewel in the roughLionDallas is a jewel in the roughLionDallas is a jewel in the rough

Forget S&T with GS.

Forget Howard

_______

Ellis, Calderon, Jack, Jennings, Mo Williams, Gortat, Pekovic, Bynum, Landry, B.Wright...

If not possible, tank.
LionDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #51
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
PG. Shane Larkin
SG. Monta Ellis
SF. Vince Carter
PF. Dirk Nowitzki
C. Andrew Bynum

Wow.

We shooting for Wiggins?

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #52
Dan1

Dan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to all

I know we need a good C badly but i hate the idea of Bynum. :/ Who else is realistic available?

I would go after J. Smith now i guess... And thats depressing
Old 07-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #53
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Berger just said that the Mavs are going after Jarrett Jack.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #54
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Sick. I'm not a fan of Jack at all. He's the combo guard version of Mayo.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #55
Aggie E

Aggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah Jack sucks. I rather keep Mayo and I dont like Mayo...
Aggie E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #56
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Josh Smith. Assuming we trade Marion. I also wonder if Phoenix would trade with us to get Gortat. If not I prefer to take a chance with Greg Oden. Talk to Calderon still.

Calderong, SG, Josh Smith, Dirk, and C/ Gortat if it works.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #57
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Me and DHWS ain't got no problems with that.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #58
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
Josh Smith. Assuming we trade Marion. I also wonder if Phoenix would trade with us to get Gortat. If not I prefer to take a chance with Greg Oden. Talk to Calderon still.

Calderong, SG, Josh Smith, Dirk, and C/ Gortat if it works.
I would hate that team so much.

Two ball dominating players in the frontcourt with Dirk?

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #59
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
I would hate that team so much.

Two ball dominating players in the frontcourt with Dirk?
Calderon is a distributor. Dirk and Smith together could be an inside out game offensively. Could be very strong. Now if you say Jack instead of Calderon with Smith and Dirk. Then you can make an argument.

Last edited by yahyes; 07-05-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #60
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Me and DHWS ain't got no problems with that.
Whoops, didn't see it discussed already.

Jack is the complete package. Calderon would have made more sense if we had gotten Howard. But people just need to rewatch Jack in last season's playoffs to see what we'd be getting. The guy can ball.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #61
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
Calderon is a distributor. Dirk and Smith together could be an inside out offensively could be very strong. Now if you say Jack instead of Calderon with Smith and Dirk. Then you can make an argument.
Calderon's gonna make Smith stop shooting early contested 3s for no reason?

Quote:
Old 07-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #62
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Whoops, didn't see it discussed already.

Jack is the complete package. Calderon would have made more sense if we had gotten Howard. But people just need to rewatch Jack in last season's playoffs to see what we'd be getting. The guy can ball.
He's as good as any of the UFA PG options, and his ability to play (and defend) the SG position would be welcome if Larkin or some other smallish guard pans out. The versatility makes him a very worthy first option at the position.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #63
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
Yeah we are already talking about blan B.It is clearly that Howard won t come to Dallas and he probably never thought about it.We can't offer him nothing except money.Unfortunately Dirk is getting old and our other guys are not young too.Take a look Houston ,they have nice young team.They was in the Playoffs in this year and they played really good basketball. I really want to see D12 in our uniform ,but we cant loos our minds I hope that Marc has great plan B and this 2013-2014 team will fight about Championship rings.

Bynum,Ellis,Iggy,Calderon i think it is our plan B one of them must be in Dallas.

Plan C,D.E,F...Marc you can put it in your ass.
Deam we want rings .
Preach it!
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #64
marc9211

marc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to all

I think the lakers may choose to deal gasol? I would like to see a Jeff Teague/Jarrett Jack at point guard and Bynum/gasol at center. If we can't get one of those combos then I would look at Ellis.
marc9211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #65
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
He's as good as any of the UFA PG options, and his ability to play (and defend) the SG position would be welcome if Larkin or some other smallish guard pans out. The versatility makes him a very worthy first option at the position.
Agree strongly

Quote:
Old 07-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #66
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Calderon's gonna make Smith stop shooting early contested 3s for no reason?
Smith would have less weight on him having to shoot those early contested 3's. Especially with a point like Calderon and Dirk.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #67
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
Smith would have less weight on him having to shoot those early contested 3's. Especially with a point like Calderon and Dirk.
It's not a matter of pressure or weight.

He's just a total bonehead. A ball-dominating one.

I have serious concerns about Dirk/Gortat defensively. Can't imagine it being any better than Dirk/Kaman.

Quote:
Old 07-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #68
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Say the Rockets call and offer Lin and Asik as a package. Do you take them up on it?
Old 07-05-2013, 06:05 PM   #69
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Why do mavs fans not want bynum past the barea thing? They desperately need upside on the team and need to take the risk.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:06 PM   #70
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Why do mavs fans not want bynum past the barea thing? They desperately need upside on the team and need to take the risk.
Are you seriously asking this question without any recognition of the player?
Old 07-05-2013, 06:06 PM   #71
Scott McGuire

Scott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to behold

It's starting to sound like Houston is going to try and trade Lin (probably with picks/young player to make it work)… Sign Dwight outright and then trade Asik + filler for a SnT'ed Josh Smith….

If that happens… DANG
Old 07-05-2013, 06:06 PM   #72
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Good lord, I can't seem to find a single thread for discussion with the millions around. Some decent discussion, but on a phone it's terrible trying to read and discuss right now.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-05-2013 at 06:07 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #73
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Sign some guys on a one year contract and keep the powder dry for next year.. And maybe one of the one year guys will flourish... Waste another year of dirk
More than likely
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:10 PM   #74
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Quote:
Say the Rockets call and offer Lin and Asik as a package. Do you take them up on it?
As per Broussard, that's what's being offered to Atlanta for JSmith.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #75
Scott McGuire

Scott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to behold

Now we can see a little more why Howard choose Houston.

Howard, Smith, Parson, Harden + Beverly and others is really really good.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #76
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
As per Broussard, that's what's being offered to Atlanta for JSmith.
I can see Lin and Asik for JSmith and Calderon somehow wiggling his way to the Rockets

PG Calderon
SG Harden
SF Parsons
PF Smith
C Howard
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #77
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Signing Bynum is the only way to go right now. Asik and Gortat are nice options but neither have the upside to make this team a contender. Bynum (if healthy) does, and paired with Dirk they could still make up perhaps the best front court in the NBA.

The powder plan should be squashed at this point. Load up on what talent is available this year and go for one more run with Dirk. Make it happen.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #78
yahyes
Banned

If we think Bynum is the way to go. Be prepared to compete with the Lakers trying to get him.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #79
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Quote:
Trade your superstar and tank is what almost every other team in the NBA would do. Can't see it happening here though.

Without a trade, if we resign Wright we have 4 slots to fill:

PG - X, Mekel, Larkin
SG - X, Akognon, Ledo
SF - Marion, Carter, Crowder
PF - Dirk, Wright, X
C - X, Brand, James
who the hell are they? damn I've been away for too long...
Old 07-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #80
CanadianMavsFan

Quote:
If we think Bynum is the way to go. Be prepared to compete with the Lakers trying to get him.
They don't have near the cap room to afford him.

Tags
dj mbenga is available!