Pretty darn excited. I plan to make some time to watch games and cheer 8 47.06%
Cautiously excited. Let's see how we come out of the gates 2 11.76%
Suspicious. I want to see some good things before I will care. 0 0%
Not excited at all. 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2021, 12:44 PM   #2441
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I offer Derozan 4/120. It's time to step up and be serious about FA. I think I saw rumors too that SA was open to a S&T. It would be tough, but I think you could get Derozan and keep THJ. That would be optimal putting THJ in the 4th role.

It's gonna be really hard though if they don't take Powell back. Would they do that for Brunson?

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2021, 12:44 PM   #2442
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 08-01-2021 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-01-2021, 12:50 PM   #2443
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
I am all in for DeRozan. He's much younger than Lowry, and a guy you can count on in crunch time. These playoffs have shown the value of a guy who shoots 2 pointers dependably. He would take so much pressure off Luka. And KP would flourish in an offense with 2 guys who demand a double team on every play.

I don't understand the love affair with THJ. The only thing he is consistent at is being inconsistent. I say max out Derozan. He's probably not looking forward to giving 10% of his check to some other state if he leaves Texas. And I think he's a guy Luka would love setting up. He's not an egomaniac, so I think he would mesh well , and maybe enjoy not having to be "the man" all the time.

Then we spend what's left shoring up the D. Didn't we just draft a bunch of guys who are supposed to be good defenders? Time to give them a chance to prove it.
I don't think there's a "love affair" with THJ....I think most know what he is. I think most here would take Derozen over him. I Think what a lot of us are sort of in fearful of is the Mavs end up leaving this free agency empty handed. At the end of the day Hardaway is a asset. He's inconsistent but he represents what this league wants. Either a 3 point shooter or a 3 and D guy. The last thing this team needs is to lose its 3rd best player and end up with nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavs Maniac View Post
Is Moses Brown in the long term plans?
I don't think so. He's too raw. He has a great contract, he's only 21 and he's a big. You can use that guy in trades if you want.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 12:51 PM   #2444
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I offer Derozan 4/120. It's time to step up and be serious about FA. I think I saw rumors too that SA was open to a S&T. It would be tough, but I think you could get Derozan and keep THJ. That would be optimal putting THJ in the 4th role.

It's gonna be really hard though if they don't take Powell back. Would they do that for Brunson?
Would the Spurs even want salary? Seems like if they do a sign and trade it would make sense to just get draft compensation rather than take on salary.
Old 08-01-2021, 01:05 PM   #2445
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I could be happy with Derozan and some supplemental pieces like Brown.

What I want to know is if he plays with Luka or just runs the second unit. He's a top ISO player in the league who can score better on the drive than almost anyone. However, that means Luka does not have the ball, so we'd be trading Luka's ISOs for Derozan's unless they could somehow come up with a two-man game.

Also Derozan is a terrible three-point shooter (25.7%). People crapped on THJ all season and he shot 39.1%. Imagine getting a guy who even in open catch-and-shoot shots only shot 28.6% (THJ shot 41% when open on CnSs)
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 01:05 PM   #2446
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

What I want to know is if he plays with Luka or just runs the second unit. He's a top ISO player in the league who can score better on the drive than almost anyone. However, that means Luka does not have the ball, so we'd be trading Luka's ISOs for Derozan's unless they could somehow come up with a two-man game.

Also Derozan is a terrible three-point shooter (25.7%). People crapped on THJ all season and he shot 39.1%. Imagine getting a guy who even in open catch-and-shoot shots only shot 28.6% (THJ shot 41% when open on CnSs)
Old 08-01-2021, 01:08 PM   #2447
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Would the Spurs even want salary? Seems like if they do a sign and trade it would make sense to just get draft compensation rather than take on salary.
Then the Mavs need to move on from THJ. That will be the achilles heel of FA. How much do they really value keeping him?

Old 08-01-2021, 01:28 PM   #2448
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

They'll find a way to mix a two-man game and secondary unit time, as well. Easier said then done, but that's the obvious goal. And I wouldn't be signing DeRozan for his three point shooting but more for his secondary scoring and driving/cutting threat. That alone would free up KP and THJ and move them into 2b/3 and 4 types.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 01:32 PM   #2449
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Welp, Miami just picked up Dragic's option so he is off the market.

Old 08-01-2021, 01:55 PM   #2450
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe DDR and Lowry will both take a pay cut if they get to reunite and play together.

OR.....Heat picking up Dragic option suggests a possible sign and trade with Lowry coming to Miami and Dragic + Herro(?) going to the Raptors.

Last edited by purplefrog; 08-01-2021 at 02:19 PM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 02:17 PM   #2451
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Welp, Miami just picked up Dragic's option so he is off the market.
Any chance there could be a trade brewing?

Last edited by rimrocker; 08-01-2021 at 02:20 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 02:44 PM   #2452
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

No clue why people obsess over Demar 3 point shooting to use against him. He attempts a whopping ONE 3 point shot per game. His game is the mid range and driving. And he’s great at it. Also improved his assists to 6.9 per last season.

Side note it was refreshing to watch Middleton put games away in the finals because of the mid range.
Old 08-01-2021, 02:48 PM   #2453
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Latest rumor is Heat want to reunite Derozan and Lowry in Miami. Oh FA, you are the best.

Old 08-01-2021, 02:49 PM   #2454
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I don’t know if I’m remembering this correctly but didn’t the Mavs have a trade in place for him last year? Maybe they could revisit it?
Old 08-01-2021, 02:51 PM   #2455
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
No clue why people obsess over Demar 3 point shooting to use against him. He attempts a whopping ONE 3 point shot per game. His game is the mid range and driving. And he’s great at it. Also improved his assists to 6.9 per last season.

Side note it was refreshing to watch Middleton put games away in the finals because of the mid range.
I’m not concerned with it because I want him for his scoring and play making….if he couldn’t do that I’d be concerned…
Old 08-01-2021, 02:51 PM   #2456
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Apparently, S&T Dragic for Lowry, then pair him with Derozan. Not sure how the numbers work and really don't care. Feels like another always the bridesmaid FA.

Old 08-01-2021, 02:52 PM   #2457
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Then the Mavs need to move on from THJ. That will be the achilles heel of FA. How much do they really value keeping him?
Oh I’ve come to grips that they can’t do both.
Old 08-01-2021, 02:53 PM   #2458
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Apparently, S&T Dragic for Lowry, then pair him with Derozan. Not sure how the numbers work and really don't care. Feels like another always the bridesmaid FA.
Too quiet for my liking…..this free agency period can come and go real quick.
Old 08-01-2021, 02:56 PM   #2459
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Ira Winderman
@IraHeatBeat
·
39m
It now appears (barring something changing . . . welcome to free agency) it could be as simple as Lowry to Heat for Dragic and Achiuwa. Lowry would start at about $26 million, with Heat accommodating the third year. Heat would be hard capped. Dragic buyout from Raptors likely.
Old 08-01-2021, 02:56 PM   #2460
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Ira Winderman
@IraHeatBeat
·
39m
It now appears (barring something changing . . . welcome to free agency) it could be as simple as Lowry to Heat for Dragic and Achiuwa. Lowry would start at about $26 million, with Heat accommodating the third year. Heat would be hard capped. Dragic buyout from Raptors likely.
Old 08-01-2021, 02:58 PM   #2461
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

@TheSteinLine
·
40s
Extreme confidence in Dallas that they will re-sign popular center Boban Marjanovic, league sources say.
Old 08-01-2021, 02:59 PM   #2462
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

@TheSteinLine
·
40s
Extreme confidence in Dallas that they will re-sign popular center Boban Marjanovic, league sources say.
Old 08-01-2021, 03:09 PM   #2463
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
@TheSteinLine
·
40s
Makes sense.. KP, Bobi, Dwight Powell, WCS, and Moses Brown. Great starting five!!
Old 08-01-2021, 03:14 PM   #2464
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Makes sense.. KP, Bobi, Dwight Powell, WCS, and Moses Brown. Great starting five!!
No one would criticize Kidd for playing small ball then
Old 08-01-2021, 03:17 PM   #2465
purplefrog
Platinum Member

Old 08-01-2021, 03:29 PM   #2466
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Maxi and Onu first guys off bench.
Old 08-01-2021, 03:31 PM   #2467
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

The Goran thing could just as likely be for THJ.
Old 08-01-2021, 03:40 PM   #2468
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
How much do we actually improve in that situation?
Old 08-01-2021, 03:40 PM   #2469
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
And it's funny because I was just thinking that we could easily lose THJ and not replace him with anyone of equal or better caliber.

FA is really a sport in and of itself.

Old 08-01-2021, 03:53 PM   #2470
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly it's really hard to read what the Heat or Mavs are planning. So many contradicting reports too. Multiple people are throwing out Dragic and Precious for Lowry in SnT deal. Well where is the benefit to TOR? I highly doubt it's just Precious to get TOR to do that for the Heat. Heat can trade a 1st but it will be 2025 1st. Then you read they can also SnT for Derozan. Again... what benefit would Spurs receive then? It's all a bunch of reporters trying to throw darts at a wall and get clicks and retweets.

SnT's aren't exactly common either. All these proposed SnT possibilities. I wouldn't be shocked if just 1 SnT happens across the NBA this entire FA.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 04:00 PM   #2471
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

If Boban is back we need to look to trade WCS into space for a future 2nd or decline his option. No reason to have 52 one-dimensional centers on the squad.

Last edited by tap2390; 08-01-2021 at 04:00 PM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 04:04 PM   #2472
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

My guess is Lowry to Heat in sign-and-trade deal for Dragic and some combination of young players/picks. Toronto does this with an eye on competing next season vs. blowing it up.

Heat would be unable to bring Derozan on board in this scenario. I think he ends up on the Knicks.
Old 08-01-2021, 04:04 PM   #2473
tap2390
Diamond Member

My guess is Lowry to Heat in sign-and-trade deal for Dragic and some combination of young players/picks. Toronto does this with an eye on competing next season vs. blowing it up.

Heat would be unable to bring Derozan on board in this scenario. I think he ends up on the Knicks.
Old 08-01-2021, 04:04 PM   #2474
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
If Boban is back we need to look to trade WCS into space for a future 2nd or decline his option. No reason to have 52 one-dimensional centers on the squad.
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...36735316021248
Old 08-01-2021, 04:16 PM   #2475
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Yeesh. Makes no sense to me unless they use him for a trade.

Old 08-01-2021, 04:18 PM   #2476
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
How much do we actually improve in that situation?
Not at all IMO........sure you could argue Dragic is the better player but they are the same caliber of player.
Old 08-01-2021, 04:20 PM   #2477
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Let me just say.....I sat here and watch Lowry and Derozen stink every year in the playoffs to the point they got Dwayne Casey fired after winning coach of the year......but Miami feels like those two are their missing pieces....I mean they improve their team no doubt but still.....
Old 08-01-2021, 04:21 PM   #2478
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

WCS is getting picked up
Old 08-01-2021, 04:25 PM   #2479
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Depth chart

KP/WCS/Boban/Powell/Brown/Kleber
???/???/???
DFS/???/???
???/Green/???
Doncic/Brunson/Burke/Terry

I wouldn't so much say we're good 1-5 as good at the 1 and 5

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-01-2021 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-01-2021, 04:28 PM   #2480
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Depth chart

KP/WCS/Boban/Powell/Brown/Kleber
???/???/???
DFS/???/???
???/Green/???
Doncic/Brunson/Burke/Terry

I wouldn't so much say we're good 1-5 as good at the 1 and 5

Tags
jack.kerr aucks