Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 12-03-2019, 12:57 PM   #81
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Also FWIW, Jackson has a better individual defensive rating (106.8 vs. 107) and individual offensive rating (116.0 vs. 106.0) than Barnes.
Erica - you're awesome at getting stats!

eyeball test tells me Barnes is better equipped physically to matchup with powerful wings. haven't watched enough to comment on whether or not Jackson has drawn any such assignments when he's played.

offensively, it's hard to know whether it's just a matter of Jackson earning more trust because as you say (and show) he's producing when given the chance. In that sense, Jack's question is valid too - maybe there's a reason why he's playing limited minutes. Maybe Rick is just that good at only playing him in favorable matchups where he can be successful and he's not good enough/doesn't contribute enough to play through times when his shot isn't falling, etc.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2019, 03:50 PM   #82
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

When Jackson plays 20+ minutes this season (the only full season with the Mavs)
14.3pts, 4.0reb, 0.7ast
57% from the field. 53% from three
73.5% TS%
You mean all three (3) of those games? The blowout wins against GSW (+48), MEM (+16) and CLE (+42)? The games where his scoring out put was 7, 17, and 19? Those three (3) games?

If you're making an ironic observation about 'cherry-picked' stats, ....well done!

And if not, .....well done! /s
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 04:23 PM   #83
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
You mean all three (3) of those games? The blowout wins against GSW (+48), MEM (+16) and CLE (+42)? The games where his scoring out put was 7, 17, and 19? Those three (3) games?

If you're making an ironic observation about 'cherry-picked' stats, ....well done!

And if not, .....well done! /s
I'm sure your stats from his rookie year in Sacramento are much more telling /s
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 06:41 PM   #84
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Still dont care much about DSJ after his bullshit with staying Home healthy.
Agree. He made his bed, so now he has to lay in it. Thankfully, he's somebody else's spoiled child.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 06:49 PM   #85
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
Erica - you're awesome at getting stats!

eyeball test tells me Barnes is better equipped physically to matchup with powerful wings. haven't watched enough to comment on whether or not Jackson has drawn any such assignments when he's played.

offensively, it's hard to know whether it's just a matter of Jackson earning more trust because as you say (and show) he's producing when given the chance. In that sense, Jack's question is valid too - maybe there's a reason why he's playing limited minutes. Maybe Rick is just that good at only playing him in favorable matchups where he can be successful and he's not good enough/doesn't contribute enough to play through times when his shot isn't falling, etc.
I think Barnes is more talented, but that was offset by the offensive black hole that he became. Would that have changed? One could only pray so if we still had him and that contract. Personally, I'm happy he moved on. Additionally, I didn't care for his play in crunch time. He really hurt the warriors at times, and I think his play was a major factor in the Warriors losing one finals series. Still, great guy, consummate professional, and I wish him the best with ANOTHER team.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:49 PM   #86
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

OMG this team would be unwatchable on nights where THJ and Barnes turned into brick-chucking blackholes... You can only have one of those types on the floor at any given time -- two in the starting lineup is a lotto team.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-03-2019 at 08:50 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:07 PM   #87
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
OMG this team would be unwatchable on nights where THJ and Barnes turned into brick-chucking blackholes... You can only have one of those types on the floor at any given time -- two in the starting lineup is a lotto team.
Yep. Matthews and Barnes was the prime example of that.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 07:59 AM   #88
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm sure your stats from his rookie year in Sacramento are much more telling /s
Here's a little exercise for you: Take his top 20 scoring and top 20 usage games from all 3 years, and average the averages. Tip: The rookie year helps him. (Feel free to bill someone for your time.)

Also, please note that Jax's 3-pointer in the last 30 seconds of the PELS blowout raised his PER 36 Projection for the game to 11.25 ppg. Otherwise, he'd have been at 4.5.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:09 AM   #89
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Quote:
Also FWIW, Jackson has a better individual defensive rating (106.8 vs. 107) and individual offensive rating (116.0 vs. 106.0) than Barnes.
Are you comparing Jackson-on-Mavs to Barnes-on-Kings?

That's a very big FWIW.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:29 PM   #90
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I can't imagine a scenario where someone would unironically miss Barnes. Let's get Parsons back while we're at it.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 12-04-2019 at 03:29 PM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 07:04 AM   #91
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I can't imagine a scenario where someone would unironically miss Barnes. Let's get Parsons back while we're at it.
Must spread rep.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 08:09 AM   #92
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Default #tradebait #lookinforasucker #fragilebitch

Update.

Quote:
Dennis Smith Jr. will need to come back from his injury with the force of Aaron Judge.

In a season that keeps growing weirder, Smith has been diagnosed with an oblique strain — an ailment that normally afflicts baseball players and the type of injury that sidelined Judge, the Yankees slugger, for two months last season.

It’s unknown how long Smith will be out, but he missed Thursday’s 94-82 win over the Nets at Barclays Center. The lone acquisition remaining from the Kristaps Porzingis trade, Smith is going through trying times while the 7-foot-3 Latvian is soaring in Dallas.

Smith sat at his locker before the game with his headphones on, watching a movie on his iPad with a contraption adorned with red blinking lights wrapped around his waist. It looked like a Christmas get-up, but this isn’t the type of holiday outfit Smith sought.

“It’s random,’’ Smith said of the non-basketball injury. “It was already written, though. You know what I’m saying. It’s God’s plan. It is what it is. I’ll be all right. That’s for sure.” (Editorial musing: Oh Lort, for reals.)

Smith has often turned philosophical during this rough season. He strained his back at the start of training camp and missed time. Then he left the team for two weeks after his stepmother passed away — which came the day after he was booed at the Garden for his uneven play.

“It’s tough,’’ Smith said. “That’s why it’s about faith. I was just on the phone with my big homie, talking about being there to dance in the storm. He called me, I’m on the phone smiling. He’s like, ‘You feel better than I do.’ It wasn’t easy for me to get to this place where I’m at right now. It wasn’t easy. But I had to take time out, reevaluate things, shift my focus, shift the way I think. I’m just learning how to dance in the storm, man.’’

Smith is doing no dancing this week. After he played just seven minutes in the Knicks’ loss to the Wizards on Monday night, Smith put in an extra workout and started feeling discomfort in his side. The team shut him down during Tuesday’s practice before he could worsen it.

“I had felt it getting in some work the night before [practice] at night,’’ Smith said. “I felt a little something there. The next day in practice, we were going live and I felt it again. I tried to fight through it. I felt some pain and pulling and came out of practice.”

The Knicks would not say officially when Smith will be back. Smith said he has never had this ailment before, adding it “feels like pulling at the side of my abdomen.” (Editorial musing: Maybe a piece of Bojangles fried chicken lodged in your gut?)

“We definitely eliminated the chance of reaggravating it,’’ Smith said. “That’s what we were trying to do. I’m not sure [when I’ll be back]. I usually bounce back from stuff pretty quick. I can’t really say.”

Interim coach Mike Miller is in the dark on Smith’s return date.

“He pulled something in his oblique while he was playing,’’ Miller said. “It wasn’t a collision. It was just some kind of movement when he did something, it pulled something. It’s hard to say right now. We’ll just have to see. I saw when we did it. He’s been testing it and going through treatment as best he can. We’ll just have to see day-to-day how he feels.”

After missing three straight games this month (one with a migraine, two on coach’s decisions), Smith came on with some nice stints, getting into the paint as Miller prefers.

For the near future, Miller’s point-guard rotation is down to two — with starter Elfrid Payton and demoted Frank Ntilikina. The Knicks also called up two-way G-Leaguer Kadeem Allen, whom Miller coached in Westchester last season.

Last edited by Jack.Kerr; 12-27-2019 at 08:10 AM.
Old 12-27-2019, 10:17 AM   #93
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
Update.
feel a bit sad for DSJ - hope he figures out his body and his game and gets things moving in a positive direction.

and so much for the frank hype train - seems like that's lost steam. wonder if he'd be available now?
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 10:51 AM   #94
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
feel a bit sad for DSJ - hope he figures out his body and his game and gets things moving in a positive direction.

and so much for the frank hype train - seems like that's lost steam. wonder if he'd be available now?
Re Ntilikina: He's a fan favorite at MSG, but I guess they're shopping him, unless they're showcasing Elfrid Payton. Hard to figure. Payton's ceiling is obvious; Ntilikina's barely scratched the surface of his potential in the NBA. But there's no rhyme or reason to what's going on with the Dolan/Mills/Perry/Miller Knicks.

I think Ntilikina would be a very good fit alongside KP and Dribblić, but hard to see the Knicks being willing to deal with Dallas, since whatever strengthens the Mavericks in the next couple of years further devalues the already-protected picks that will convey from the Porzingis-debacle-trade, which figure to be no better than second half of first round.

Dallas would have to offer some premium in the short-term. There doesn't look to be a single tradeable piece on the Mavericks' current roster that would make sense in a trade for the Knicks. Anything Dallas could offer, NYK has 3 of already.

I wonder if Dallas could remove some of the protections attached to the future picks, as a sweetener in a Ntilikina trade.

Devaney's account has the Mavericks hesitant to offer both the GS and the Utah 2nds, but Good God!, pay the cost to be the boss!

Quote:
“New York has been looking to trade Ntilikina going back to last spring and is now again looking for a new home for him, according to league sources,” wrote Deveney.

As we’ve seen in the past, the Knicks won’t trade Ntilikina unless it’s for the right price. Although the French point guard is currently battling Dennis Smith Jr. for second-unit minutes while Elfrid Payton leads the starters, Ntilikina’s value is higher than it was last season.

After his eye-opening performance at the FIBA World Cup and some strong showings in November and December, Ntilikina is proving that he has a place in the NBA. Whether that’s as a point guard or off the ball is a different story, but he’s proved that he can be a rotational player in the right situation.

He’s averaging 5.8 points, 2.0 rebounds, and 2.9 assists per game, but understanding his game goes much deeper than reading box scores. He shut down Luka Doncic in critical fourth-quarter moments twice in November.(!) Those two wins make up 29% of the team’s wins so far this season and they were prime examples of the kind of elite defense the long-limbed guard possesses.

A trade could be the best scenario for all parties involved. For Ntilikina, he could go to a contender where his defense can shine. For the Knicks, a trade would free up all of the second-unit minutes for Smith. The third-year point guard was a key part of the Kristaps Porzingis trade and it would be a major win for the organization if Smith can develop into a starting-caliber point guard.
Re Bullet: Every time he opens his mouth now, he sounds like a bigger idiot. Phil knew what he was doing.

Last edited by Jack.Kerr; 12-27-2019 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:12 PM   #95
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Parsons was involved in a car accident with a drunk driver. Injuries sustained may end his career.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pea...wks-return-nba

Last edited by BPo001; 01-20-2020 at 01:13 PM.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:00 PM   #96
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Parsons was involved in a car accident with a drunk driver. Injuries sustained may end his career.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pea...wks-return-nba
Oh wow. Didn't sound so serious in the initial report. What a sad ending to a once promising career. I sure hope he'll be able to make a full recovery.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 03:22 PM   #97
LukaThaDon

LukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of light

Former Mav Chandler Parsons suffered career threatening injuries from a car wreck. He was hit by a drunk driver.

His lawyer said he "suffered multiple severe and permanent injuries including a traumatic brain injury, disc herniation and a torn labrum."

Sad, regardless of how you might have felt about him as a player.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/a...-car-accident/

Edit: my bad just realized this was posted in the 19-20 NBA thread, which does actually make more sense.

Last edited by LukaThaDon; 01-20-2020 at 03:25 PM.
LukaThaDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 09:10 PM   #98
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh hell the Delonte West news are just so freaking sad...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 09:18 PM   #99
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh hell the Delonte West news are just so freaking sad...
Yeah, he's hit rock bottom, dude is bipolar and has substance abuse issues -- not a good combination for someone who couldn't hold onto their money... I wouldn't be surprised if the dude who kicked his ass was a dealer. Sad to see.

Old 01-20-2020, 09:22 PM   #100
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

That was no ass kicking, head stomping is attempted murder
Old 01-20-2020, 09:23 PM   #101
Underdog

It's been a bad stretch for ex-Mavs.

Old 01-20-2020, 10:23 PM   #102
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

That's really, really sad. I've always liked him despite his idiosyncrasies and have good memories from his time with the Mavs. Hopefully he can somehow, someway get his life back together tbh.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 10:54 PM   #103
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaThaDon View Post
Former Mav Chandler Parsons suffered career threatening injuries from a car wreck. He was hit by a drunk driver.

His lawyer said he "suffered multiple severe and permanent injuries including a traumatic brain injury, disc herniation and a torn labrum."

Sad, regardless of how you might have felt about him as a player.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/a...-car-accident/

Edit: my bad just realized this was posted in the 19-20 NBA thread, which does actually make more sense.
Very sad.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:43 PM   #104
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
That's really, really sad. I've always liked him despite his idiosyncrasies and have good memories from his time with the Mavs. Hopefully he can somehow, someway get his life back together tbh.
I’ve mentioned this before, but I once ran into Delonte West at a 7-11 in Addison about a year or so after he last played for the Mavs. I was walking out while he was walking in and I recognized him, he noticed that I recognized him, and he gave me this look like, “Yeah, I’m Delonte West, and I see you seeing me.”

He was a lot better than he is now, but he wasn’t “$16m in career earnings” better... Not too long after that he started hitting the skids and has been downhill ever since. Sad to see.

Old 01-21-2020, 07:05 AM   #105
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

VERY sad to see what has happened to Delonte West. Made over $14 million over his career.
DELONTE WEST ALLEGEDLY BEATEN IN STREETS ...
Disturbing Videos
https://www.tmz.com/2020/01/20/delon...n-streets-nba/
dirt_dobber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 10:26 AM   #106
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
VERY sad to see what has happened to Delonte West. Made over $14 million over his career.
Disturbing Videos
I'm actually amazed at how well he was able to hold it together. NBA is an incredibly hard league to stay in with athletic conditioning and mental health requirements.

Bipolar is a really tough diagnosis.
Old 01-21-2020, 01:42 PM   #107
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Disturbing Videos
Sad to see assholes reach for their phone to video someone getting their head smashed in, so they can post it to their IG story rather than try and help the poor dude.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 06:06 PM   #108
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Sad to see assholes reach for their phone to video someone getting their head smashed in, so they can post it to their IG story rather than try and help the poor dude.
Say you run up on the guy, he pulls a knife or gun and turns on you? Who's to say that dude didn't already flash something...you never know. The same person had already called 911.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 07:45 PM   #109
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Love how people are like "West needs to get help" like anyone deserves to have their head stomped in the middle of a f'in highway.

Old 01-22-2020, 02:21 PM   #110
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

https://clutchpoints.com/nba-news-ma...I2sDi8H-GHNI7Q
Old 02-19-2020, 01:18 PM   #111
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

how far he has fallen...
(from Tommy Beer@TommyBeer)
Dennis Smith Jr. is on pace to become the first player in NBA
history to attempt more than 200 FG’s in a season and shoot:
below 35% from the floor,
below 30% from 3-point territory and,
below 50% from the free-throw line

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 02-19-2020 at 01:18 PM.
dirt_dobber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 01:26 PM   #112
Underdog

Quote:
how far he has fallen...
(from Tommy Beer@TommyBeer)
Dennis Smith Jr. is on pace to become the first player in NBA
history to attempt more than 200 FG’s in a season and shoot:
below 35% from the floor,
below 30% from 3-point territory and,
below 50% from the free-throw line
What the hell happened to this kid’s shot? He was never that bad in Dallas, why is he so horrible in New York? I mean, a dysfunctional team culture can affect a lot of things, but it shouldn’t affect his shot...

Last edited by Underdog; 02-19-2020 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-19-2020, 01:47 PM   #113
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
What the hell happened to this kid’s shot? He was never that bad in Dallas, why is he so horrible in New York? I mean, a dysfunctional team culture can affect a lot of things, but it shouldn’t affect his shot...
That entire franchise is a dumpster fire, so it's very difficult to gauge when a player is good or bad. I'd like to see DSJ and Frank get new starts on a different team because they are rotting in that city.

Old 02-19-2020, 01:51 PM   #114
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
That entire franchise is a dumpster fire, so it's very difficult to gauge when a player is good or bad. I'd like to see DSJ and Frank get new starts on a different team because they are rotting in that city.
At this rate they might get their second chance overseas.

Old 02-19-2020, 02:18 PM   #115
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
That might be an upgrade over the Knicks...

Old 02-19-2020, 06:00 PM   #116
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Na im 100% sure the Mavs would go after Frank the second he is done in NY.
Old 02-19-2020, 06:02 PM   #117
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Old 02-19-2020, 06:36 PM   #118
Underdog

Quote:
I thought I remembered reading that the Knicks offered him as a throw-in on the KP trade, but we turned it down.... Can’t find a link though, so maybe my brain made that up?

Old 02-19-2020, 09:55 PM   #119
sefant77
Guru

There were some rumours that pre-KP the Mavs wanted to do a DSJ+Wes for THJ+Frank Swap...

Last edited by sefant77; 02-19-2020 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:22 PM   #120
Underdog

Quote:
There were some rumours that pre-KP the Mavs wanted to do a DSJ+Wes for THJ+Frank Swap...
That doesn't make sense if we were forced to eat THJ's contract to get KP -- the Knicks would have jumped all over that offer... It's not like they valued Frank, who was bouncing back and forth from the G-League. Surely they could have made that deal and still found a team willing to trade a better package than Deandre Jordan/2 soon-to-be-mediocre firsts for KP/Lee.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-19-2020 at 10:28 PM.